Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-17-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are no 'sleeper' QB prospects when you're talking about the top 10 picks.

Gabbert was an afterthought two months ago, and now he's considered by some to be the best available pro prospect at QB in the 2011 draft??

Either that's an indictment against ALL the top QB prospects, or someone IMO is clueless.

Mizzou has recruited solid skill position talent for several years now. They may not be incredible pro talents, but they are good enough to compete in the Big 12.

Saying that Gabbert had a lack of talent around him when someone like Locker was literally a one-man-band most Saturdays is a cop-out for Gabbert supporters.

Gabbert is a nice developmental prospect, but he is NOT an elite talent at QB.

IMO Gabbert is the definition of hype and brings little more than height, some mobility, arm strength and questionable accuracy to the table.

How that suddenly translates into a top 5 pick, or #1 overall is still a mystery to me.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
There are no 'sleeper' QB prospects when you're talking about the top 10 picks.

Gabbert was an afterthought two months ago, and now he's considered by some to be the best available pro prospect at QB in the 2011 draft??

Either that's an indictment against ALL the top QB prospects, or someone IMO is clueless.

Mizzou has recruited solid skill position talent for several years now. They may not be incredible pro talents, but they are good enough to compete in the Big 12.

Saying that Gabbert had a lack of talent around him when someone like Locker was literally a one-man-band most Saturdays is a cop-out for Gabbert supporters.

Gabbert is a nice developmental prospect, but he is NOT an elite talent at QB.

IMO Gabbert is the definition of hype and brings little more than height, some mobility, arm strength and questionable accuracy to the table.

How that suddenly translates into a top 5 pick, or #1 overall is still a mystery to me.
Its funny, because that sounds an awful lot like Cam Newton to me.

Also, Gabbert is severely overrated. Late first? Sure, Ill buy that. He's got the tools to succeed at the NFL level and someone will take a gamble on that. He certainly made the right move declaring now that Luck went back. I think the combine/pro day will be HUGE for him in displaying some things that we really need to see.

Ugh, this QB class is downright awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some years from now we'll all be laughing at who took Newton, Mallett and Gabbert, as Kaepernick will be having a Michael Vick-like season, despite being a 3rd round pick.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Its funny, because that sounds an awful lot like Cam Newton to me.

Also, Gabbert is severely overrated. Late first? Sure, Ill buy that. He's got the tools to succeed at the NFL level and someone will take a gamble on that. He certainly made the right move declaring now that Luck went back. I think the combine/pro day will be HUGE for him in displaying some things that we really need to see.

Ugh, this QB class is downright awful.
What did Gabbert do to earn his lofty grades? Cameron Newton may have burst on the scene but there's no exaggerated "hype" in saying Newton was the best player in college football this past year. Blaine Gabbert wasn't that much of a difference maker on his team, where Newton took a team that normally would have lost 3-4 games min. to an NCAA Championship.

Now, he's also 6'5 240 with a big arm and excellent mobility/athleticism. He's going to be seen by some as a top NFL prospect. I don't think there is that much "hype" surrounding Newton as many hold the opinion that he's not close to a Top 10 pick at the position. In a class with no clear-cut #1 QB (could be one of four guys depending where you look) Newton's upside/college success is going to draw some high consideration. We know there will likely be 2 or more QBs selected in the Top 10 picks and right now I don't see any way there will be two that deserve to go there... but they will. This is a weak class so all value will be inflated.

Really, the only thing Gabbert has on Newton is starting experience. I think Cam is a superior player/prospect in every imaginable way. I also think Gabbert's immaturity shows much more on tape than any character issues that Newton may/may not possess.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Chidi29
Rookie

Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chidi29 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched another game of Gabbert and I'm still not seeing what people are enamored with. He was woefully inaccurate. His receivers did have a couple of drops, but he'll lose pretty much all accuracy throwing downfield. His deep passes were generally nowhere close and passes over the middle started to nose-dive into the ground as the game went on.

I will be going back and watching the bowl game where I know his statline was pretty good, but this guy is not a Top 10 pick. Not even a first rounder at this moment.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Newton had performed to the level of Gabbert the last two seasons, Auburn wouldn't have won the NC or even been in the game, and he wouldn't have won the Heisman.

Gabbert may resemble Newton physically as a prospect in shorts and a tee shirt, but not in pads when the score of the games actually counts.

Newton has all kinds of game over Gabbert as a football player, it's not even close.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
What did Gabbert do to earn his lofty grades? Cameron Newton may have burst on the scene but there's no exaggerated "hype" in saying Newton was the best player in college football this past year. Blaine Gabbert wasn't that much of a difference maker on his team, where Newton took a team that normally would have lost 3-4 games min. to an NCAA Championship.

Now, he's also 6'5 240 with a big arm and excellent mobility/athleticism. He's going to be seen by some as a top NFL prospect. I don't think there is that much "hype" surrounding Newton as many hold the opinion that he's not close to a Top 10 pick at the position. In a class with no clear-cut #1 QB (could be one of four guys depending where you look) Newton's upside/college success is going to draw some high consideration. We know there will likely be 2 or more QBs selected in the Top 10 picks and right now I don't see any way there will be two that deserve to go there... but they will. This is a weak class so all value will be inflated.

Really, the only thing Gabbert has on Newton is starting experience. I think Cam is a superior player/prospect in every imaginable way. I also think Gabbert's immaturity shows much more on tape than any character issues that Newton may/may not possess.
I wasnt comparing the two as prospects, merely speculating that FUNBUNCHER's description of Gabbert sounds very similar to how Newton can be described as a pro prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
the natural
Veteran

the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural

Blaine just turned 21 awhile back. He didn't have the benefit of being coached from birth by former NFL QBs. But he has all the tools, physical and mental. Top drawer. Plus he has the ideal disposition for the job. Competitive, but not over the top. Confident, but not arrogant. Easy going, but not soft. As for his production, it isn't out of line for most top picks at QB over the years. His final season was so-so compared to some other players in the draft, but he had a very impressive sophomore year, and wasn't redshirted as a freshman. I like him a lot more than Bradford from last year.
the natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I wasnt comparing the two as prospects, merely speculating that FUNBUNCHER's description of Gabbert sounds very similar to how Newton can be described as a pro prospect.
Ok, I'm just strongly disagreeing with the "hype" word. Where did Newton get his hype? An incredible college football season that saw him take his team to a National Championship, contribute 50 Touchdowns (30 passing, 20 rushing), and win the Heisman trophy. What's the source of Blaine Gabbert's hype? Todd McShay.

Now, this next part is for other posters, not necessarily you APS...

If you're not impressed by Gabbert's film, take a look at his stat-lines, they'll re-affirm your beliefs. The guy threw 475 passes on the year in a pass-happy spread offense that is designed to inflate passing numbers. Unfortunately for Gabbert, that wasn't the case as he finished the season with a pedestrian 16:9 Td:Int ratio. Newton threw 280 passes, 30 of them were Td's. I'm not a big numbers guy, but Cam threw Td's on 10.7% of his passes... Gabbert, a measly 3.3%.... if you want to broaden that number to include other top prospects: Mallett 7.8%, Locker 5.1%.

Another stat I like, though as I said before I'm by no means a number junky, is yards per attempt. The comparison starts with Newton a top the list (10.2), Ryan Mallett (9.4), Jake Locker (6.82), and finally, Blaine Gabbert (6.7). I mean when you break down the numbers, not only does Gabbert have some of the worst pocket presence of any QB in recent memory, he really wasn't very productive in an offense that is built for Quarterbacks to produce.

He lacks maturity on and off the field as well, with numerous accounts here from Mizzou students/fans attesting to that. He certainly doesn't play with poise and his pocket awareness may be the worst I've ever seen. That may not get him into a ton of trouble at the college level, but Gabbert is out of his mind if he intentionally leaves his protection like this in the NFL. I don't consider him a great leader on/off the field and his command of the huddle/his team is suspect.

So please, anyone, give me one sound reason why you'd be better off taking Blaine Gabbert Top 10 over Cameron Newton. As I said before, the only thing you could possibly like more about Gabbert is starting experience, but that doesn't say too much about your ability to play QB at an NFL level.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

I think he lights it up at the combine and is gone by the middle of the 1st round. He'll be no shorter than 6'4" and weigh at least 230 lbs. Also, he'll probably run about a 4.7.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to draft a QB in a spread offense at Missouri who fails to put up more than 16 TDs.

edit: You read that right, I said "refuse to draft" and not "refuse to draft in the first round".

edit2: His numbers are pedestrian for a Pro-style offense going against elite competition. His numbers are abysmal for below average competition in a spread offense.

Even if you watch his film, you won't go "Wow that was an amazing game from him".

Last edited by descendency : 01-17-2011 at 05:44 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pudge is owning this thread again. I completely agree. I really like Gabbert's physical tools, but there's just waaaaay too much that doesn't check out. He really doesn't even look like a high level collegian quarterback on tape. His footwork is downright laughably bad for a guy starting in the Big XII, let alone for an NFL prospect. No pocket presence whatsoever. I question his vision too as he really doesn't seem to see the field very well.

I actually think he regressed more than a little this year. I was a lot more impressed with him last season than I was this one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-17-2011 at 05:48 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert is big with an arm. Thats really all he has.

Hes inaccurate, showed little ability to make reads, made questionable decisions, and seems abrasive and not the leader type. Id be very dissappointed if i was the fan of a team that took him with the intention of making him the franchise qb.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a handful of years we'll look back at this draft class when Gabbert, Mallett, Locker, and Newton are all NFL busts, marginal starters, or back-ups after being 1st round picks and many people will be in disbelief that they could rank them above guys like Andy Dalton and Pat Devlin who will go on to have very good to great NFL careers as starting NFL quarterbacks.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

It all depends where Gabbert ends up. If his development is not rushed he could be a fine QB. He needs to sit on the bench for at least year.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
In a handful of years we'll look back at this draft class when Gabbert, Mallett, Locker, and Newton are all NFL busts, marginal starters, or back-ups after being 1st round picks and many people will be in disbelief that they could rank them above guys like Andy Dalton and Pat Devlin who will go on to have very good to great NFL careers as starting NFL quarterbacks.
Or we'll look back and cant believe that this class became as good as the 2004 draft class and have 3 great quarterbacks drafted in the first round.

No one can predict the future and I think Newton,Locker and even Mallet will be great players.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papageorgio View Post
Or we'll look back and cant believe that this class became as good as the 2004 draft class and have 3 great quarterbacks drafted in the first round.

No one can predict the future and I think Newton,Locker and even Mallet will be great players.
I think I will eat my hat if this class ends up in 04's category. It is possible if they all end up in the right places, but the more I am watching, the more and more I feel like there isn't a true franchise QB here.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does he get picked in the Top 8?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
im hoping so

Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
the natural
Veteran

the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
I think he lights it up at the combine and is gone by the middle of the 1st round. He'll be no shorter than 6'4" and weigh at least 230 lbs. Also, he'll probably run about a 4.7.
He was 6"4 3/4" coming out of high school. 232 pounds at the time. He will run closer to 4.5 in the 40 than 4.7. Give the guy his due.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hope so. One fewer team that takes Robert Quinn is one fewer teams the Patriots will have to jump to get him.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the natural View Post
He was 6"4 3/4" coming out of high school. 232 pounds at the time. He will run closer to 4.5 in the 40 than 4.7. Give the guy his due.
Are you saying you think Gabbert will run close to 4.5??

That's really blazing speed for any QB not named Vick.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no chance gabbert puts up that time

when i watch gabbert i see jake locker except a couple inches taller and maybe a tenth of a second slower in the 40
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
the natural
Veteran

I'm not sure if Locker was there, but Gabbert won the QB footraces at the Nike and EA Sport elite camps. He was close to 230 pounds at the time as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the natural View Post
I'm not sure if Locker was there, but Gabbert won the QB footraces at the Nike and EA Sport elite camps. He was close to 230 pounds at the time as well.
June 2, 2007
Gabbert consistently runs the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds.