Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Billups of the past few years is the perfect fit for the Kings. Stretches the floor, plays D, provides vet leadership. Honestly, the Kings just need some positive veteran influences. They have 2 cornerstones, and they should just surround those with good character older players. They want to be like OKC, but Durant was a guy with impeccable character, while High Speed Tyreke and Headcase Cousins are the total opposite.
I think what you said could apply to the Clippers as well.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
There isn't a single team that would be good enough to win playoff games without their best player, especially if that player that runs the offense. I can't think of an championship team that did it without their best player, and I highly doubt there is one.
furthest i can even think of a team going was 05 Suns without Amar'e and had they beat the Mavericks in the WCF most agree they would of ran the Heat out of the arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
I think what you said could apply to the Clippers as well.

Nash and Hill to the Clippers please

Nash
Gordon
Hill
Griffin
Kaman
-
Bledsoe

He just needs a ring :(

Last edited by fenikz : 01-16-2011 at 09:31 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
furthest i can even think of a team going was 05 Suns without Amar'e and had they beat the Mavericks in the WCF most agree they would of ran the Heat out of the arena

Amar'e was crucial to the Suns but Steve Nash was the MVP of the entire league that year.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i read it wrong. ugh. i'm tired.
but humphries steals most of the rebounds. that *****.
it's not like we're getting crushed on the glass, so with this scenario, i'll take his low post offense everytime.
also, 'melo jerseys were 50% off at the game last night...hmmm

Billups-Rip-'Melo-Humphries-Bropez.

i'm warming up to it.
but i'll miss Harris, Morrow and mainly Favors </3
You might not have to worry about it cause Melo doesn't want to play for the Nets and doesn't have to sign that extension and accept the trade. They have an opportunitt now to sit down with him and sell him on the idea and sway him, but he ain't a lock for NJ and we all know where he wants to go. All he has to do is refuse that extension for anyone but NY and no one would trade anything valuable to Denver for a month of service.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo pretty just said 'no I'm not going to talk to NJ.' It sounds like he won't sign the extension. He wants New York.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Melo pretty just said 'no I'm not going to talk to NJ.' It sounds like he won't sign the extension. He wants New York.
They're the same ******* place.
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I used to not mind Chris Bosh, but I'm starting to think he's gonna be another KG. Stuck in an awful market and sometimes an awful team, moves to a big market with other stars and it goes to his head...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=6030700

If anyone saw the play, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what Asik did. There was a ball on the ground, and Bosh was leisurely going to pick it up and 2 Bulls dove for it. Unfortunately, Asik rolled up on Bosh's ankle. But to act like guys shouldn't be playing hard just because you weren't doesn't mean you should ***** about it and call them out.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who gives an f what Bosh says. He's just Wade and LeBron's little biotch, following them like a dog. I guess he has to speak up about something to regain at least an ounce of his manhood which is taken away from him every day in practice.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gentlemen and brodeur, Derrick Rose finishes with 22 points, 12 assists, and 10 rebounds for his first career triple double.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Wall had 19 points, 15 assists, and 5 rebounds in a Wizards win over Deron Williams and the Jazz today. Wall always comes to play against top guards. He's been horrendous on D as of late though, but I do know that he isn't healthy and hasn't even been pushing the fast break because of that. Really I want to see him sit and rest until his knee is fully healed. No point in rushing him right now. I wish the Wizards would realize that they aren't that horrible. They are 12-8 at home and only 4 games out of the 8th spot in the east despite being 0-18 on the road. Nick Young as of late and really the whole year in general has been playing out of his mind and shooting great percentages. Has 112 points over the last 4 games. For the year he's shotting 47% from the field, 41% from the 3pt line, and 85% from the FT line which are extremely good numbers for a jump shooter who puts up a ton of shots. Really want to keep him past this year. BTW highlights will be out later but Mcgee definitely gave some nice previews for the dunk contest.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a gentleman you douchenozzle. And Bosh got dragged to the ground the other night by Al Harrington, so I had a nice laugh when that happened.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

I think it was quite obvious that you are more than just a gentleman, sir. That's why you get your own category.

Also, did anyone watch the end of the Bulls game? Rose got his 10th board with 9 seconds left, and I wanna know if it was legit or one of those where Memphis threw up a 3 and the entire Bulls team moved out of the way to let Rose get it...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just got back from the Griz/Bulls game.

Kurt Thomas' huge ass totally stared me down after he made a shot. I <3 heckling.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I am a gentleman you douchenozzle. And Bosh got dragged to the ground the other night by Al Harrington, so I had a nice laugh when that happened.
We need to bring in Job to see if you're actually gentle or not.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I just got back from the Griz/Bulls game.

Kurt Thomas' huge ass totally stared me down after he made a shot. I <3 heckling.
Mark Jones, the play-by-play commentator, mentioned you after he hit the shot.

He said, "Thomas hits the shot as he glares at a fan on his way back to defense."

How'd you enjoy Derrick's first triple-double?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think it was quite obvious that you are more than just a gentleman, sir. That's why you get your own category.

Also, did anyone watch the end of the Bulls game? Rose got his 10th board with 9 seconds left, and I wanna know if it was legit or one of those where Memphis threw up a 3 and the entire Bulls team moved out of the way to let Rose get it...
Rose doesn't care about stats so I don't even think he knew he was a rebound away. I mean he can barely speak in public so how's he supposed to be able to count or read scoreboards? Amirite?

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They put that shot up so he would have a shot. Most of the Griz were above the 3pt line and he just snagged it. Nothing wrong with getting stats. Rose played really well. Deng totally assraped Rudy.

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
They put that shot up so he would have a shot. Most of the Griz were above the 3pt line and he just snagged it. Nothing wrong with getting stats. Rose played really well. Deng totally assraped Rudy.
Deng was a beast. He and Korver really helped pick up the slack offensively with Boozer out.

Also, when will teams stop doubling Rose? He's proven he can either split it or pass out of it and create a 4-3 situation. I can't count how many times their doubles resulted in a wide-open shot for Deng, Thomas or Korver. Teams should go zone if they want to slow him down because Derrick couldn't really attack in the 4th Quarter when they went to the 2-3 look.

Thankfully we were on fire from 3 tonight.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Deng was a beast. He and Korver really helped pick up the slack offensively with Boozer out.

Also, when will teams stop doubling Rose? He's proven he can either split it or pass out of it and create a 4-3 situation. I can't count how many times their doubles resulted in a wide-open shot for Deng, Thomas or Korver. Teams should go zone if they want to slow him down because Derrick couldn't really attack in the 4th Quarter when they went to the 2-3 look.

Thankfully Korver was on fire from anywhere.
Probably more accurate. :)

And as for the rebound, I don't really care how it happened. I'm sure everyone knew, or at least everyone on in the crowd and probably the Bulls guys. I know there was no way any of them was gonna go for that last board and would let Rose get it. I was just curious if it was just Memphis not caring, or if he actually had to beat someone for it...since I couldn't watch.

Idc how he got it, as long as he didn't miss a wide open layup just to get it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-17-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is now the GREG MONROE APPRECIATION THREAD.

Start appreciating him now.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Monroe > all players in the 2010 draft sans John Wall, because that draft sucked.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Greg Monroe > all players in the 2010 draft sans John Wall, because that draft sucked.
Greg isn't better than them because the draft sucked.. though it doesn't look so good, Greg Monroe just rules.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Probably more accurate. :)

And as for the rebound, I don't really care how it happened. I'm sure everyone knew, or at least everyone on in the crowd and probably the Bulls guys. I know there was no way any of them was gonna go for that last board and would let Rose get it. I was just curious if it was just Memphis not caring, or if he actually had to beat someone for it...since I couldn't watch.

Idc how he got it, as long as he didn't miss a wide open layup just to get it.
He had to go after it a bit, but there wasn't much effort from Memphis. He had a couple sick offensive boards though.

I think what impresses me about Derrick the most right now is that he's finding other ways to contribute. His defense is vastly improved, he's starting to rebound more, he's making good decisions, he's getting to the free throw line at will right now and he's blocking shots.

Last year if he wasn't scoring or creating he tended to be invisible. This year he's doing the little things and that to me is coaching. His improvement goes deeper than his offensive stats. He's winning games. It may not be the most efficient way to go about it, but he's just finding ways to win this year. Whether it be taking over on offense or deferring to teammates.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Mayo got hot in the 4th. Rose moves onto him. First possession, Rose blocks it easily =D

Quote:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to Lakers/Thunder tonight. Wooooo
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote