Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-14-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
It'll be interesting to see how we try to move the ball without Pryor. Not only Pryor, but the top two receivers. A heavy dose of Hall and Barry is the only thing that we'll have going for us on offense. And if a passing game can't develop, it should be easy enough to stop.

I don't ever worry too much about losing players on defense, especially in the front 7. Seems like theres always talent just waiting to step up and take over. The losses in the secondary scare me a lot, already an area where the defense was thin.
Yeah the DB situation is up in the air. Also, Rod Smith is going to get a lot of PT at RB.

Still, like keylime said, we are going to be screwed because there will likely be very little passing threat. Load the box and challenge them to throw.

Old school Tressel ball gives me heartburn.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be worried about the DBs if we sustain even half as many injuries there as we did this past season. We get Moeller and Barnett back plus Howard and Bryant who looked really good last year, and OJ Johnson returns at strong safety. More injuries would make our secondary very vulnerable.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Terrelle Pryor is not very good. Boom Herron has to be replaced if the Buckeyes have any hopes of doing anything in terms of a National Title. Herron is a rotational back. Adams is a loss, but he still has not had the light go on. Losing Posey sucks. Solomon Thomas? Meh. Losing Boren sucks, but I will definitely not miss Browning and his concrete shoes.

Losing Heyward sucks and you don't replace a Cameron Heyward, but the Buckeyes have plenty of linebackers and their corners were not terribly good. Chekwa was alright.
I'm sorry, but I'm not yet convinced that the guys behind all those starters on the depth chart are going to come in next year and out-perform them right away. Guys like Browning, Chekwa, Torrence, etc. may not have been all that great but next year, starting in their places, are going to be guys who weren't good enough to start over them this past year. Almost never does a team replace 12 starters without some sort of decline, at least early on in the season.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm not yet convinced that the guys behind all those starters on the depth chart are going to come in next year and out-perform them right away. Guys like Browning, Chekwa, Torrence, etc. may not have been all that great but next year, starting in their places, are going to be guys who weren't good enough to start over them this past year. Almost never does a team replace 12 starters without some sort of decline, at least early on in the season.

Which may happen against Miami for sure. But for the Big Ten, I'm not AS worried. MSU will be a test for sure, but the young guys played alright in the Bowl Game needing to step up. It shall be interesting.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
wouldnt that be the greatest thing ever? He can come over to USC....i wont mind.
Yes it would be funny, but why USC? So he can give a water bottle to Barkley?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yes it would be funny, but why USC? So he can give a water bottle to Barkley?
Because you open a talent like his with open arms, and play him as soon as Barkley is gone lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Because you open a talent like his with open arms, and play him as soon as Barkley is gone lol.
Pretty sure you have to be a thrower, not a runner, to succeed in that offense.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Key word is talent....ill play his ass at receiver, lol. We would find somewhere for him to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miller is an excellent passer.
Not that this discussion really is necessary.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is an excellent passer.
Not that this discussion really is necessary.
Yeah, he's actually a very good passer.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've got five very winnable games. They could win these five if Bauserman starts.

Marshall, Miami FL, Ohio U, Eastern Michigan and Illinois.

Miami could be a minor threat, but in Columbus? Probably not. They've got to play at Illinois, which could be a toughie. Other than that I assume it'll be clear sailing.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
They've got five very winnable games. They could win these five if Bauserman starts.

Marshall, Miami FL, Ohio U, Eastern Michigan and Illinois.

Miami could be a minor threat, but in Columbus? Probably not. They've got to play at Illinois, which could be a toughie. Other than that I assume it'll be clear sailing.
I don't know what schedule you are looking at, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I don't know what schedule you are looking at, lol.
obviously the 2010 schedule instead of the 2011 one.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
obviously the 2010 schedule instead of the 2011 one.
Twas a joke my kind sir!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jacory Harris was, hands down, the worse QB in college football the past two years. In the past two years he has thrown 32 picks. And he was injured for half of last year. I think Miami was like 115th in 2009 and dead last in 2010 in interceptions.

Now that he has dug his own grave, Miami really has no where to go but up.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somewhere down the line will Miller end up experimenting or being converted to the WR position?

I think Tressel will have some plays for him as a WR.

I have the feeling scouts will knock him as a QB prospect because they will say he is too athletic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Somewhere down the line will Miller end up experimenting or being converted to the WR position?

I think Tressel will have some plays for him as a WR.

I have the feeling scouts will knock him as a QB prospect because they will say he is too athletic.
If he's a good quarterback nobody is going to knock him for being "too athletic". That's just not something that happens.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I think there's gonna be some packages to get Pryor and Miller both on the field at the same time kinda like how they used Boeckman and Pryor both in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl, but this time both guys have the potential to line up out wide and catch passes on trick plays......but they aren't gonna convert Miller to WR, he'll play QB and line up elsewhere during trick plays only. No reason to waste WR reps with your future 3-year starter at QB.

And you can't be knocked for being too athletic, that's absurd. Maybe not a good enough of a passer like we're seeing with guys like Newton, Vince Young, Locker, Vick, etc. coming out of college but if they are a good passer then being athletic can only help.