Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Quite the relief to have the pressures of a perfect season off our backs. Hats off to FSU for cashing in on the opportunity.
That was Duke's first road game of the year so lets see really how good they are, still though the ACC is incredibly weak so I don't expect Duke to slip up again in the regular season with the possible exception of the @Maryland game. Temple game shouldn't be too tough at home. In the tourny I do think that Duke is incredibly beatable. Maryland and FSU basically laid out the game plan. Guard tight on the perimter taking away the 3 point shot. Singler andn Smith are capable of slashing but they aren't the best and it's easy to rotate on them. Dawkins and Curry have trouble creating for themselves. Without Kyrie Duke doesn't scare me at all, and could be looking at an earlier exit again this year. Teams like Kansas, Cuse, Ohio State, and Pitt are just bigger, stronger, more athletic, and have more length. The way teams have shutdown Georgetown's big 3 perimter players I think the same could be done to Duke to an extent. I sure as heck am not scared of Mason Plumlee or Ryan Kelly hurting me inside. Numbers aside last year Duke was much tougher inside with Zoubek and Lance Thomas.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 01-13-2011 at 09:05 AM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final non-conference game for 'Nova today. Have to contain Jordan Williams and guard the three point line well, especially in transition which was a problem against Louisville. Offensively they're hot and cold but can win in the paint and by shooting the ball so hopefully they find a way to put it in the bucket. Figure if they can defend they'll win though.

EDIT: Thus far, looked like I figured wrong. Though I doubt 'Nova will be this cold all game, Maryland is doing a tremendous job defending them. Most importantly, they aren't fouling which takes away a lot of Villanova's consistency, they get to the stripe a bunch and convert most of them too. However, I was right about Jordan Williams, he's a beast and I think he will be all game. Interesting that they tried Armwood on him who's giving up a ton of bulk but is a great athlete, hopefully he can bother Williams and help stop the ball from getting inside, but if Williams does he'll be able to back down Armwood pretty easily.

Last edited by derza222 : 01-15-2011 at 12:24 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
That was Duke's first road game of the year so lets see really how good they are, still though the ACC is incredibly weak so I don't expect Duke to slip up again in the regular season with the possible exception of the @Maryland game. Temple game shouldn't be too tough at home. In the tourny I do think that Duke is incredibly beatable. Maryland and FSU basically laid out the game plan. Guard tight on the perimter taking away the 3 point shot. Singler andn Smith are capable of slashing but they aren't the best and it's easy to rotate on them. Dawkins and Curry have trouble creating for themselves. Without Kyrie Duke doesn't scare me at all, and could be looking at an earlier exit again this year. Teams like Kansas, Cuse, Ohio State, and Pitt are just bigger, stronger, more athletic, and have more length. The way teams have shutdown Georgetown's big 3 perimter players I think the same could be done to Duke to an extent. I sure as heck am not scared of Mason Plumlee or Ryan Kelly hurting me inside. Numbers aside last year Duke was much tougher inside with Zoubek and Lance Thomas.
If we get the regional with games in Greensboro then Jersey then the field does not scare me until the final four. KU, OSU & SU are tourney chokers to the max. So I fully expect atleast two of them to be bounced early. Once we get back to rolling again then things will be just lovely I hope haha. If Kyrie comes back then expect the inside game to pick right back up. So we shall see what goes down.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 01-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to throw out there that Maryland, who was #1 in adjusted defensive efficiency according to KenPom before this game, is indeed a damn good defensive team. They were really, really impressive out there. And I said it before, but Jordan Williams is an absolute monster. Happy to be able to come out with the win given how well I thought Maryland played, finally able to make a comeback when 'Nova was able to make baskets and then implement pressure and turn them over. Hopefully coach Wright works on transition D in upcoming practices, because it's been pretty bad in the last two games.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a more Jekyll and Hyde team in America than Tennessee right now?
sheesh
Old 01-15-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missouri is the Phoenix Suns of the NCAA. We are never going to beat a great team playing the way Mike Anderson wants us to.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin ******* Jones.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North Carolina should be embarrassed. How many All Americans do they have? 7? They're getting stomped by an atrocious Georgia Tech team right now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC thanks for my usual laugh to end the weekend. If you don't hand Roy 4 or 5 future first rounders then there is nothing to fear.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry treat but your Hawkeyes are a ******* catastrophe of a basketball team. I know we didn't really blow you guys out but there is no talent on that team.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm sorry treat but your Hawkeyes are a ******* catastrophe of a basketball team. I know we didn't really blow you guys out but there is no talent on that team.
Nope, none at all.

On the plus side, we actually look like we know how to play basketball this season, and aren't getting completely blown out of every game. We may not have a better record than last year, but I think we're headed in the right direction. I'm happy with what Fran's doing so far, just gotta hope we can bring in some better talent in the next year or 2.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woo! Going to the UConn/Nova game today. Should be a pretty great match up. I cannot wait to see Kemba Walker destroy bitches!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

This week will give us a really good sense of how good Villanova is, at UConn today and at 'Cuse on Saturday. I'll be happy with a 1-1, winning both would be incredibly impressive, and winning neither is pretty realistic but will definitely prove that they're overrated. One nice thing about 'Nova is that their scoring can come from a bunch of areas...hopefully it goes well today. Interested in who they put on Kemba and how UConn's other players step up if they need to. Walker definitely should be tough to stop though. Hopefully it's a good one.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Great game between 'Nova and UConn, that 3 that Kemba hit towards the end of the game was ice cold. Tight the entire way and then UConn just made that good run at the end to finish it...Really surprised that Kemba missed those FT's and then fouled Fish. Huskies are a really good team, this one was fun to watch if ugly offensively. Love tough, physical, defensive Big East basketball. Tough loss, but a really good game. Kemba's just so clutch.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kemba Walker is ridiculous. Talk about a stone cold killer. Hands down the POTY.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris twins are INSANE!!!44 combined points tonight (25 for Marcus and 19 for Kief)
Old 01-18-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Morris twins are INSANE!!!44 combined points tonight (25 for Marcus and 19 for Kief)
KU's got a squad this year

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Roll tide & former VCU coach Anthony Grant!!!

Duke Blue Devils

Old 01-19-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to the Duke @ NC State tonight/tomorrow night (depending on how you view it).
Old 01-19-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't wait for Saturday.KU vs UT...this time it should be epic
Old 01-19-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
can't wait for Saturday.KU vs UT...this time it should be epic
Epic as in KU absolutely destroying the Vols?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Epic as in KU absolutely destroying the Vols?
huh I was talking about KU vs Texas
Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Looking forward to the Duke @ NC State tonight/tomorrow night (depending on how you view it).
:(

That was a depressing game.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Really glad 'Nova won that game against 'Cuse, would've been tough to drop two in a row...definitely a great win to beat them on the road with both teams coming off of a loss.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kemba Walker remind anyone else of Ben Gordon?