Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Warhawk

Colts...

Not much to say here. If Addai wasn't in the same conference as LJ and LT, I'd say him. MacFarland hasn't been to a pro bowl, so an outside shot for him. Bethea will be good but he was a low-round pick last year so it will take him a few years to build up the rep.

So my official pick for the most likely Colts first-time Pro Bowler...

Hunter Smith.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Nick Barnett or AJ Hawk making it, probably not both though. Possibly Greg Jennings? I think Cullen Jenkins might surprise some people playing at DE all year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

C Nick Mangold
K Mike Nugent
S Kerry Rhodes

alternates as well
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
P Ben Graham

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Jarrett Johnson, DE/OLB
Willis McGahee, RB
Mark Clayton, WR
jarrett johnson hasnt even started yet and no way would fans even think about him even if he has a tremendous yr.you need to be a little popular to get into pro bowl
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ernie Sims
Cory Redding
Stanley Wilson
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

willie
troy
casey hampton

also recieving votes
ben
hines
larry foote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Johnson
Jared Allen (If he doesn't have to sit the first four game)
Damon Huard (Not really just can't think of someone else)
Old 03-25-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simms, Ruud, Cadillac

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Dude its March, but ok.

Cowboys:

Terence Newman
Bradie James
Marc Colombo

Oh and no offense Myinnerself, but Quentin Jammer has no shot at the pro-bowl. He had a lucky year last year, but he is still a bust. Plus your pressure will decline.
I live in San Diego and have season tickets to the Chargers, and I can tell you that Jammer played excellently this year. Keep in mind, too, that I'm not a Charger fan, so I have no reason to be biased in this discussion.

I've heard the Chargers are actually thinking about moving Jammer to SS to take advantage of his run stopping ability and to get Cromartie on the field more. I know, I know, somebody is going to give the "if he's such a good corner, then why are they moving him to safety" argument. To me, the answer is pretty obvious.

1. Terrence Kiel sucks.
. Jammer is the best run stopping defensive back they have.
2. If Cromartie develops as expected, they can plug him in at corner with little-to-no drop off.
3. Drayton Florence isn't physical enough to play safety.

I don't think it's correct to speculate that the Chargers' pressure will suffer because of the loss of Wade Phillips, either. Scheme is overrated and talent is overrated. The Chargers have the talent to get pressure, even without a complex scheme. For all we know (and I haven't heard otherwise) SD is probably keeping the exact same scheme they ran last year.

If you think Wade's defensive coordinating abilities are that magnificent, I beg you to look at the job he did in Atlanta. He didn't have 3-4 talent, so his scheme looked atrocious.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I could see Nick Barnett or AJ Hawk making it, probably not both though. Possibly Greg Jennings? I think Cullen Jenkins might surprise some people playing at DE all year.
Barnett still left out...dang!

Its a huge long shot, but maybe Morency. Unknowns have prospered in the ZBS. Maybe one of our new interior O-linemen(Colledge or Spitz) Nick collins definatly

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 03-25-2007 at 02:58 PM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Collins
Daryn Colledge
AJ Hawk

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Calvin Johnson
Chris Simms
Chris Hovan(joke...)
Old 03-25-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
Colts...

Not much to say here. If Addai wasn't in the same conference as LJ and LT, I'd say him. MacFarland hasn't been to a pro bowl, so an outside shot for him. Bethea will be good but he was a low-round pick last year so it will take him a few years to build up the rep.

So my official pick for the most likely Colts first-time Pro Bowler...

Hunter Smith.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. My heart wants to say that MJD will make the Pro Bowl, but my mind is telling me that it will never happen with LT and LJ being in the same conference. Plus, Fred just signed an extension and Greg Jones is coming back. If anything, I'd say that MJD's rushing and touchdown totals from last year are going to take a hit, but I'm hoping the coaching staff will get him more involved in the passing game.

Khalif Barnes might have a shot, but there are a lot of good, young tackles in the AFC who are starting to get noticed.

Chris Naeole deserves to finally go to a Pro Bowl. Mike Peterson does, too.

But my pick for this year is: Josh Scobee
Old 03-25-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
willie
troy
casey hampton

also recieving votes
ben
hines
larry foote
he said first time pro bowlers.
Troy has gone to one, and Hampton to a few..everyone on that list might have gone besides foote..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Calvin Johnson
Chris Simms
Chris Hovan(joke...)
You weren't around here yet, but there was an actual Bucs poster who tried arguing with me that Hovan was better than John Henderson last year.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Kerry Rhodes
Nick Mangold
Bryan Thomas

alternates:
jerricho cotchery (would need an outstanding season to make it with all the elite recieving talent in the AFC, but i just wanted to give him props)
Chad Pennington
and Vilma (i know it said first timers but i figured he'll get the start instead of having to replace zach thomas again)

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears ~

Peanut Tillman
Mark Anderson
Bernard Berrian
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Jerious Norwood? Come on now, stop dreaming. He will n ever make over Gore, Jackson, or Westbrook.
You do know this topic is titled 3 most likely first time probowlers? He's not saying it's going to happen. Who would you suggest instead for Atlanta.

I'd say Leinart, Dansby and Rolle are the most likely, although the chances are very slim.

I say Rolle and Dansby, because if they can put up stats its possible. Unlike with Dockett or Lutui who you can't measure and would rely on repuation.

Either way (baring a breakout season) the only players I can see are Boldin, Fitzgerald, Wilson, James and possibly Leinart.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jason Peters, Donte Whitner and Angelo Crowell
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Actually kind of easy for me:

Jason Peters
Lee Evans
Angelo Crowell
Didn't Evans go as an injury replacement?
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You weren't around here yet, but there was an actual Bucs poster who tried arguing with me that Hovan was better than John Henderson last year.
I as a Bucs fan will be the first to admit, our homerism sometimes is out-of-control!
All Hovan is good for is getting pancaked and using his fat while laying on the ground to clog the line.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I as a Bucs fan will be the first to admit, our homerism sometimes is out-of-control!
All Hovan is good for is getting pancaked and using his fat while laying on the ground to clog the line.
:D
It didn't bug me so much that he thought Hovan was better than Henderson, because every team has a group of fans who think that their team has the very best player at each position. It bugged me more that he basically said Henderson sucked, and didn't do anything but "stand straight up" on every play.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

EAGLES PHILLYGHT

Trent Cole
Kevin Curtis or Reggie Brown
Sheldon Brown

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
:D
It didn't bug me so much that he thought Hovan was better than Henderson, because every team has a group of fans who think that their team has the very best player at each position. It bugged me more that he basically said Henderson sucked, and didn't do anything but "stand straight up" on every play.

He eats small animals to sustain his size.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

D.J. Williams
Jay Cutler
Dominique Foxworth
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote