Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kuhn, Tramon Williams, and Walden too.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Agreed, plus if we would have been able to get him back for this game, Rodgers has be in such a groove with those other 4 WR's that I think J-Mike would get a lot of favorable match ups and our offense would open up even more.

Grant would of course help though, he allows the Packers to run to open the pass over A-Rod needing to get rolling for our ground game to work. I am high on Starks and if the line gives him a crease he can explode through it, he has been only a couple shoe lace trips away from busting that huge run so I think he is due. Have to give credit to Atlanta though, they played outstanding run defense and didn't give him to many holes to work with.

I think if Starks can get a couple nice runs in that first drive Packers will be fine, I just hope that they don't have to rely solely on the passing game to win.
What's that quote, absence makes the heart grow stronger or whatever? We never used Grant to run to set up the pass, it was always pass to set up the run because Grant couldn't do **** when the defense was even kind of looking run.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
What's that quote, absence makes the heart grow stronger or whatever? We never used Grant to run to set up the pass, it was always pass to set up the run because Grant couldn't do **** when the defense was even kind of looking run.
That hasn't changed. The running game is always better when it surprises the D, hence the difficulties on 3rd and short. When the D knows whats coming getting a single yard is a challenge.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for beating the Bears. I know we're rivals, but it's nice to see a border-bro make the Super Bowl.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears can say whatever they want about the division title, I'll take the conference.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The Bears can say whatever they want about the division title, I'll take the conference.
BOOOOOOOOOM!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, so proud for Driver, Clifton and the other long time Packers vets. Woodson with another shot at the SB to. Win it for these guys!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that we'll be playing the Steelers in the Superbowl. The Jets don't really scare me but the Steelers do. They have a complete team and have been there before. I still get flashbacks of that December game against them 2 years ago.

I'm sooooo freaking excited to be back in the Superbowl though. 4 more quarters to close it out. Lets go!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kinda sweet that rodgers first game was in cowboys stadium when farve got hurt and so will be his first superbowl
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post
kinda sweet that rodgers first game was in cowboys stadium when farve got hurt and so will be his first superbowl
Oooo his 1st game was actually against the Saints in a blowout win when he came in on relief. His 1st TD pass was against the Cowboys though, all be it 2 years later. Bonus points: who was his 1st career completion too??
Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o sorry i always thought his first reguluar season action was the cowboys
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so jacked! Yes!! I'm disappointed that we didn't absolutely destroy the Bears, but a win is a win. SUPER BOWL!!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

rodgers first pass was a completion to vontea leach for no gain in 2005 vs the saints
Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, looks like they'll be facing Pittsburgh
Old 01-23-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yep, looks like they'll be facing Pittsburgh
Yeah, was hoping for a Jets rematch since we shut them out once already, but I had a feeling the Steelers were just the better team.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this sucks. I think our chances against the Jets would have been 75-25. Against the Steelers, probably 50-50.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I welcome the challenge. Bring on the Steelers!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be adding to my jersey collection, and I ask: Rodgers, Matthews or Raji?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Steelers are pounding the Jets, huh?

Packers vs. Steelers. A very common preseason pick, too, although a tough road getting here.

They'll complete negate any running game so it's going to be all on Mr. Rodgers. Interesting to see how our D matches up. Mendenhall isn't elite but he'll pound for yards and Big Ben is hell to take down. Wallace is their biggest offensive threat at this point. We need to practice tackling for the next two weeks or Ben + Menden will murder us.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Wow. Steelers are pounding the Jets, huh?

Packers vs. Steelers. A very common preseason pick, too, although a tough road getting here.

They'll complete negate any running game so it's going to be all on Mr. Rodgers.
Steelers limit GOOD running teams to nothing on the ground, so yeah it will be on all Rodgers shoulders. Steelers secondary outside of Troy P. is not all that great, so that is a positive. Their front seven can be scary though. Similar to Capers if Lebeau can shutdown the run, the opposing QB better watch the **** out!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

it's all about attempts. Just run enough to keep them honest and set up the PA, etc. Heath Miller is the guy that worries me
Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

If the Jets get a stop here and score, they still have a chance.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Interesting...

Steelers kicker : Suisham
Steelers punter : Kapinos

Both cast aside by their previous teams.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh my god, their punter is Kapenis? Nice