Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I think a strong safety is a bigger need than that. Bullitt is a great backup and an interesting 3rd safety option but not a great starter IMO. Sanders is a top 3 safety when fully healthy but you can't trust him to stay off the injury report. I agree going OL early and often would be great as long as the players are there. But if the safety talent in the 2nd was better than the OL talent I wouldn't mind taking the safety.
He's not a great starter, but he's passable, especially when playing next to Antoine Bethea. I guess I wouldn't mind spending a pick there if the talent was much greater than the talent available at OL, but considering that virtually any OL is an option that would upgrade the unit either next year or in the not too distant future, I don't know that the value could be that much greater at SS.

Regardless, I'd like to see the Colts come away from this draft with at least 3 OL who could compete for starting jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Welcome back, Dam.

I agree with you regarding OL being top need. Clearly, significant upgrade is needed there.

But what do you think about this deep class of DLs this year? It looks like Colts might finally be in a position to find that talented UT that they've needed for so long.
Well IMO DE is out of the question with Freeney, Mathis, and Hughes. Drafting another DE would be reaching the point of diminishing returns. That leaves DT, where I thought Moala came on strong, Muir remained a steady force, and Mathews came on strong at the end of the year. Combine with Johnson and Foster, and I see a relatively young and capable DT unit for the first time since 2005, so I'm not so sure that an upgrade is needed, especially not nearly as much as a good blindside protector for Peyton Manning. Now, if there's some sort of ludicrous value in round 2, sure, take it, but I really can't see the Colts going anywhere but OT in the first round this year.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote