Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers' Mike Trgovac in line for Broncos' defensive coordinator job

It has begun.
TimmG6376 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles are supposedly interested in talking to both Trgovac and Winston Moss. Greene is also listed but he only has one year of experience as a position coach so that would be a shocker IMO.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...114470039.html
Old 01-24-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's always the downside to winning this much, losing a great staff.
It happened under Holmgren... lost Gruden, Mariucci, Reid, etc. What a staff that was.
I think and hope we can keep Capers around, a la D*ck LeBeau in Pittsburgh for a long time.

I want to keep Kevin Greene too.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I want to keep Kevin Greene too.
At first I thought he might have just been lucky. The quick success of a stud like Matthews would make a lot of coaches look good. However, this season he has shown that maybe he does have something special going on. Getting guys like Zombo and Walden to play as well as they have means something. Now TT can obviously identify talent, but Walden despite his raw talent had bounced around the league for 3 seasons playing mostly special teams and was on the street when TT came calling. He is now starting at OLB in the Super Bowl on one of the better defenses in the NFL. Greene was able to get him to play up to his potential, which is something apparently none of his previous coaches had been able to do.

And maybe he has more to do with Matthews' success than we realize.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still in shock cant believe we are actually in the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been a long time. Not as long as some teams but still way to long for me.

Anyways how can we have no Raji sigs or am I forgetting someone? Not only is he a beast but the guy is also pretty hilarious.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hope I'm wrong, but I do think Rodgers was concussed yesterday. Shouldn't be a problem for the Super Bowl, he'll be fine and I completely expect him to light it up, but it's scary to think about long term.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We would have known by now if he was. With his history they had to have checked him out.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on the sig?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Thoughts on the sig?
Very nice, but to be honest, I still am more of a fan of your avy!
I appreciate the frisky fillies.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what I just thought of? That TD will ensure Raji many consecutive pro bowls starting next year. He was already deserving, but now he'll have the exposure. Everyone who watches football knows who BJ Raji is after that.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey cheddar heads, you guys need to show Big Ben what its like to get raped... I expect to see Clay Matthews all up in that ass Superbowl Sunday.... Good luck...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How 'bout those Green Bay Packers, fellas!!!! I'm super stoked, but we've got our work cut out for us against the Steelers for sure. I plan on milking the next few weeks for all they're worth though. One thing I've learned after many years of being an avid sports fan is that these opportunities come along all too infrequently, even if it seems like you're primed to be there year after year there's no guarantees. Enjoy it fellas, the future's bright but it'll never be brighter than right now! Go! Pack! Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:24 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
You know what I just thought of? That TD will ensure Raji many consecutive pro bowls starting next year. He was already deserving, but now he'll have the exposure. Everyone who watches football knows who BJ Raji is after that.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I like it that people are finally realizing Tramon Williams, BJ Raji, Cullen Jenkins, Josh Sitton, Sam Shields are for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Really hope I'm wrong, but I do think Rodgers was concussed yesterday. Shouldn't be a problem for the Super Bowl, he'll be fine and I completely expect him to light it up, but it's scary to think about long term.
That hit straight up looked like a no doubt concussion and I bet he has one, maybe minor. He's the kind of guy that would avoid the trainers and in that game you would have had to drag him off the field. He's not Jay Cutler... I can't stand watching the replay of that hit he took. Pretty much looked like he was headbutting a Cadillac going 20 MPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Eagles are supposedly interested in talking to both Trgovac and Winston Moss. Greene is also listed but he only has one year of experience as a position coach so that would be a shocker IMO.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...114470039.html
Trgovac and Moss might move on. Trvgovac was a DC already and a decent one at that, but I do remember him saying when he came here that he enjoyed taking a teaching position instead of co-ordinating which was more stressful and less fun for him. I hope he stays, he just has to decide what he values. Moss seems to have head coaching aspirations so I think he'll move up the ladder whenever the opportunity is there.

Greene will probably stay, he just isn't a coordinator Xs and Os kind of guy. He teaches fundamentals and technique. I don't think anyone will look at him as more than a positional coach.

It looks like Capers days as a head coach are over so I don't see him leaving GB unless we start to unravel as an organization or someone drives a dump truck full of cash to his house.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Broncos just got their D coordinator, so that crosses them off the list

Eagles look like the main threat now. Of course, other teams with these new staffs might pluck some position coaches from the Pack
Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
What makes you think that? Granted, it was a scary hit but he bit his tongue and was bleeding. Other than that he seemed fine.

I also loved how the Bears complained although TWO separate Bears hit him in the helmet, hard, on that play. One helmet to helmet and one bear swat.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
What makes you think that? Granted, it was a scary hit but he bit his tongue and was bleeding. Other than that he seemed fine.
I think what makes him and many others think that is that Rodgers threw a lot of passes into the ground instead of the receivers arms. Even short 5 yard passes went 3 yards into the turf.... to Crabtree on 3rd & 1.

It wasn't the Rodgers we normally see.

The final TEN possessions/drives we had, Rodgers passer rating was 25.

That's Ryan Leaf territory, and they weren't a bunch of dropped passes. They were a lot of bad passes.
The only other time he has looked like that was in Washington, when he possibly suffered a concussion on a QB sneak midway thru the game, and after that his performance fell off.

Greg A Bedard did a good piece about that back then in week 5.

SWEET NEW ISSUE THIS WEEK. I better get that down here in Dallas dammit! I usually get screwed and get the Texas or Saints editions on these regional covers like these. We're closer to GB than Pittsburgh!

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-25-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
How 'bout those Green Bay Packers, fellas!!!! I'm super stoked, but we've got our work cut out for us against the Steelers for sure. I plan on milking the next few weeks for all they're worth though. One thing I've learned after many years of being an avid sports fan is that these opportunities come along all too infrequently, even if it seems like you're primed to be there year after year there's no guarantees. Enjoy it fellas, the future's bright but it'll never be brighter than right now! Go! Pack! Go!

Wow, long time no see.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Trgovac and Moss might move on. Trvgovac was a DC already and a decent one at that, but I do remember him saying when he came here that he enjoyed taking a teaching position instead of co-ordinating which was more stressful and less fun for him. I hope he stays, he just has to decide what he values. Moss seems to have head coaching aspirations so I think he'll move up the ladder whenever the opportunity is there.
Moss holds the assistant head coach title, so unless it's for a head coaching job we don't have to let other teams talk to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Eagles look like the main threat now. Of course, other teams with these new staffs might pluck some position coaches from the Pack
Unless it's for a promotion (eg: position coach to coordinator) I'm pretty sure they can't if the coach is still under contract.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

http://www.ehow.com/list_6742856_nfl...t-coaches.html

Quote:
The NFL does not differentiate between levels of assistant coaches in its rules regarding their availability to interview with other teams. Whether the coach is a defensive line coach or an offensive coordinator, the rules are the same. If a team wishes to interview an assistant coach who is still under contract with another team for its head coaching position, the current team is required to give permission for the interview as long as it happens between the end of the team's season and March 1. After March 1, teams can still ask, but the current team is not obligated to give permission.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, ehow was your source that kind of made me laugh. McCarthy has the final say on whether or not an assistant coach can leave if I remember correct, and he definately wouldn't let a position coach go to another team and be the same position coach.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

It is tough to find a more official source. Tons of results on the Rooney rule. Not so much on the general rules for assistants.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Here is another one, but not sure it is any more reputable than eHow

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/201...-to-hiring-nfl
Old 01-25-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
That's to become a head coach. They actually can't talk to any assistant coaches for any position other than head coach without permission. Usually teams won't block it if it's for a promotion, although we did when the Bears wanted Tom Clements for their offensive coordinator (forgot about that earlier even though I was just talking about that on here the other day). That was because it was a division rival though. We would allow Trgovac to get another coordinator job, but there's no way we would allow another team to interview our assistants for the same position.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Moss holds the assistant head coach title, so unless it's for a head coaching job we don't have to let other teams talk to him.

Unless it's for a promotion (eg: position coach to coordinator) I'm pretty sure they can't if the coach is still under contract.
Chris Farely voice "that is correct"

Moss being the assistant HC doesn't matter though, he could still be offered a coordinators job. Also unless an assistant coach is in the final year of their contract the Packers have to grant a team permission to speak to them.

Last edited by cvv84 : 01-25-2011 at 04:18 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Yeah that was over in the Falcons offseason thread. Clements would probably be in line to be promoted to OC if someone wanted to hire Philbin, but despite the offensive success Philbin doesn't appear to have much buzz. Obviously because everyone knows McCarthy calls the plays. Would suck to lose Clements considering how well he seems to work with Rodgers. He actually had some success as an OC in Buffalo too.