Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think we should address the #2 TE position this off-season. Hartsock is really just not a very good football player and should be replaced. I dont really know much about the prospects so far but it is definitely something i will keep an eye on. A solid athlete, good blocker with reliable hands would greatly help out this offense IMO

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorites at positions of need who might be available for the Jets:

OLB - Justin Houston, Aldon Smith, Markus White
DE - Cameron Jordan, Christian Ballard, Muhammad Wilkerson
S - Quinton Carter, DeAndre McDaniel, Deunta Williams
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

I think we need to go front 7 on Defense for the 1st round. We've gotten just about all we can out of the D-line the past two years and I think it's time to install some youth up front. I love Devito, Ellis, and Pouha and think they actually did a very good job this year but we clearly didnt have the athletes in the front 7 to get to most QB's this year. They would be terrific platoon guys to provide depth, but they shouldn't be forced to play pretty much every down.

Von Miller from A&M probably has Rex drooling but there's no chance he makes it anywhere near us. I personally wouldn't mind if we did what it took to trade up to get him, but I know there is little chance of that. I like Akeem Ayers a lot and Houston from Georgia should be good. Regardless we need to go improve that front 7 whether its through trading or drafting.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets were seen talking with Kendric Burney, Lee Smith, and Cameron Jordan at the Senior Bowl according to Scott and Shane. Burney makes some sense as Rex loves his corners and if Cro isn't back and Wilson has to step into the starting lineup a slot corner could be helpful. Smith fits right into what 5128 said about tight ends, although I'm not sure where they'd draft one you're going to get a good athlete a guy who can block really well and will catch a ball if left open who can make a play for himself every once in awhile is really all that's necessary. Then Jordan is an absolute monster, but won't be around.

Mo, some interesting lists, definitely like Houston and Smith, I've never watched White although based on your feelings on Beal I'd guess he's somebody I'd be interested in. Like Jordan but he probably won't be around, Ballard's really interesting and Wilkerson's pretty solid as well though I don't love him. Lots of good ends this draft. Like Carter a lot, and Williams is pretty good too, not huge on McDaniel but he's definitely talented.

As for going front 7 on defense in the first round, I think it's definitely a good move and one I'd prefer although I'd be open to other positions if value was better. Some things depend on how FA goes as well. One nice thing is that there are some younger, talented players who haven't quite made an impact on the DL that could do some good things. I know Rex really liked Pitoitua before he got banged up and he's such a physical specimen that he could be interesting next year. One of the defensive ends or OLB's should slip though. Not big on Ayers either, talented but hasn't done a ton rushing the passer and that's the need. Miller shouldn't be there, but I'd bet Houston or Aldon Smith could be and either would be a good pick. It'll be interesting to see how the 5-tech's and OLB's end up stacking up this year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Jets were seen talking with Kendric Burney, Lee Smith, and Cameron Jordan at the Senior Bowl according to Scott and Shane. Burney makes some sense as Rex loves his corners and if Cro isn't back and Wilson has to step into the starting lineup a slot corner could be helpful. Smith fits right into what 5128 said about tight ends, although I'm not sure where they'd draft one you're going to get a good athlete a guy who can block really well and will catch a ball if left open who can make a play for himself every once in awhile is really all that's necessary. Then Jordan is an absolute monster, but won't be around.
Smith is actually a really interesting prospect. He is massive at 6'6 270 and a very good blocker with good hands. On second though I really like the idea of getting a big target for Sanchez instead of a more athletic #2 TE. Smith is kind of exactly what i had in mind when i made that post

Quote:
As for going front 7 on defense in the first round, I think it's definitely a good move and one I'd prefer although I'd be open to other positions if value was better. Some things depend on how FA goes as well. One nice thing is that there are some younger, talented players who haven't quite made an impact on the DL that could do some good things. I know Rex really liked Pitoitua before he got banged up and he's such a physical specimen that he could be interesting next year. One of the defensive ends or OLB's should slip though. Not big on Ayers either, talented but hasn't done a ton rushing the passer and that's the need. Miller shouldn't be there, but I'd bet Houston or Aldon Smith could be and either would be a good pick. It'll be interesting to see how the 5-tech's and OLB's end up stacking up this year.
I definitely agree that the front 7 needs some additions, I wouldn't be surprised though if Rex thinks that between Jenks and Pitoitua returning there will be enough talent on the line to look elsewhere. That leaves OLB, a position that i think we could really use an upgrade. Pass Rusher is far and away our #1 need IMO

Sig by Me
Old 01-26-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
I definitely agree that the front 7 needs some additions, I wouldn't be surprised though if Rex thinks that between Jenks and Pitoitua returning there will be enough talent on the line to look elsewhere. That leaves OLB, a position that i think we could really use an upgrade. Pass Rusher is far and away our #1 need IMO
Obviously this depends quite a bit on whether or not people get re-signed (losing any of the bigger ones would open a large hole, and if both WR's go that's easily the biggest need), but I'd agree that pass rush is the biggest need. The question I guess becomes how you're going to get it. If they'll continue to use overloads and things of that nature you might have more effectiveness getting free blitzers if your DL's take up more blockers, so that could indirectly help. I think an OLB definitely makes sense though, but I'd like to see an explosive player who could really be a dominant pass rusher as opposed to an all-around player.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously this depends quite a bit on whether or not people get re-signed (losing any of the bigger ones would open a large hole, and if both WR's go that's easily the biggest need), but I'd agree that pass rush is the biggest need. The question I guess becomes how you're going to get it. If they'll continue to use overloads and things of that nature you might have more effectiveness getting free blitzers if your DL's take up more blockers, so that could indirectly help. I think an OLB definitely makes sense though, but I'd like to see an explosive player who could really be a dominant pass rusher as opposed to an all-around player.
This is exactly how I feel. We got two downhill, mighty strong inside linebackers in Scott and Harris. Both a strong against the run but really dont cover a lot of ground. Pace and Bryan Thomas are also bigger OLB who do well against the run, are strong at the point of attack but scare nobody off the edge. All in all our linebackers all share the same strengths - power, size, strength, toughness - and the same weaknesses - lack of speed and athletisism, coverage ability. Scott wont go anywhere, Harris I guess will be resigned and Pace also has another year on his deal before cutting him would make sense. BT would save us almost 4 million and he is also the oldest of the group. Let him go, draft a replacement and maybe even sign someone else as a free agent as Taylor will be let go too.

One thing I thought about is that I could definitely see the Jets trade up again if they really like someone in round one. The Pats are sitting right in front of them and they got a need at OLB too. When you think about it and depending on how free agency goes, in our areas of need (OLB, DL) we got a ton of depth but we dont really have a serious playmakers upfront. Now if the Jets think they can get a true star, an impact player, then I could see the moving up for this player. This is the biggest issue we have in the front seven. Tons of solid depth, tough guys, hard nosed workers but no real stars, no guys you gotta scheme for or players who put fear into an opposing offense.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Houston from Georgia is an interesting prospect. He has experience playing OLB in the 3-4 so it would be a smooth transition into the NFL. I know he had 10 sacks last year and I think he could have improved on that if he would have decided to stay for his senior season this upcoming fall. I'm not sure if he'll fall to us but I can dream.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

The more I see of Cam Jordan the more that I want him. He just has absolutely everything you want in a DE, especially in Rex's system he could move him all over the line.

Cam Jordan + Phil Taylor would be a solid influx of youth onto our defensive line.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
The more I see of Cam Jordan the more that I want him. He just has absolutely everything you want in a DE, especially in Rex's system he could move him all over the line.

Cam Jordan + Phil Taylor would be a solid influx of youth onto our defensive line.
Unfortunately it looks like Jordan will be out of reach after his terrific Senior Bowl...
Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
Unfortunately it looks like Jordan will be out of reach after his terrific Senior Bowl...
Yep, he's looking more and more like a top 10 pick.

I'm pretty nervous about picking at 29/30. I think we're going to miss out on a lot of guys we all like.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-27-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yep, he's looking more and more like a top 10 pick.

I'm pretty nervous about picking at 29/30. I think we're going to miss out on a lot of guys we all like.
I really disagree. If Tanny and Rex really like a player that much, they have shown that they will do what is necessary to get him

Sig by Me
Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
I really disagree. If Tanny and Rex really like a player that much, they have shown that they will do what is necessary to get him
They probably would trade up but losing all of these draft picks are hurting the team, imo. It's great to do once in a while but when you do it year after year and only have lets just say 4 picks in one draft, well that kills depth.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
They probably would trade up but losing all of these draft picks are hurting the team, imo. It's great to do once in a while but when you do it year after year and only have lets just say 4 picks in one draft, well that kills depth.
Idk, usually you would think that it would result in a lack of depth but looking at the team right now can you really say that's the case? We have depth in both trenches, a deep receiving core (pending free agency), a deep group of linebackers, and a deep secondary (pending free agency again). What we lack is premiere talent in the front 7. I really would not mind trading up in the draft for a Cam Jordan or Von Miller. Then we could use money that would have went to later round picks to re-sign guys we already have

Sig by Me
Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

There's just so many guys who make sense at either DE or OLB that I imagine somebody good is going to drop. Without many picks and with a few holes (potentially more after FA) I think it might make more sense to stand pat. At DE you've got Jordan, Heyward, and Watt who seem like pretty surefire first rounders. A guy like Clayborn might be able to fit, same with Liuget since a few of the ends here are in the 6'3 range, Ballard seems like he might move up into the late first round range and seems like he would fit, Wilkerson's getting late first round talk, and maybe Allen Bailey too. That's not even counting Fairley and Dareus who should be off the board. At OLB Quinn should be gone but might drop like Dez Bryant last year and is an absolute stud, Kerrigan could probably make the move, Houston played standing up at Georgia as did Miller at Texas A&M, and Smith is an incredible athlete who could really excel standing up. Then Ayers needs to project a little bit to play 3-4 OLB and hasn't rushed the passer much but seems to have the athleticism to do it. Should be an option there, that's 16 guys, not all of them are perfect but that's only counting those two positions. Somebody's going to drop.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Quote:
Idk, usually you would think that it would result in a lack of depth but looking at the team right now can you really say that's the case? We have depth in both trenches, a deep receiving core (pending free agency), a deep group of linebackers, and a deep secondary (pending free agency again). What we lack is premiere talent in the front 7. I really would not mind trading up in the draft for a Cam Jordan or Von Miller. Then we could use money that would have went to later round picks to re-sign guys we already have
Perfectly said. It's really astonishing what Rex did with the defense in the last two years considering he basically never had a real consistent impact player on the front seven. You had a game from Ellis here and there or Pace would show up every once in a while but in the end the Jets front seven really is not tremendously talented. Sure, they are a tough, gritty, physical group but after losing Jenkins they do not have on true difference maker in there who can take over the game on his own... I also could see the Jets shooting for that type of player in the draft and it would make sense. Depth is not the problem, especially not on defense.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

The guy who is going to get more and has already started to get a bunch of hype is Brooks Reed. He is getting compared to Clay Matthews and if one can look past his appearance (hair and skin color) you can see a ton of similarities.

It's going to be interesting to see what Reed does at the combine, as Matthews had an otherworldly 1.49? second 10 yard dash and helped move him into the first round. Reed has tremendous size at 6'2.5" and 257 lbs, but also has the same nonstop-play-to-the-whistle motor that clay has and offers a number of pass rush moves.

Like Clay, he came into College much lighter, although still impressive for a HS senior, at 6'2" 215 pounds. He put in the work (coming in as a H-back and redshirting) and has grown every year.

Having a best friend who's a UW alum and athlete, I was exposed to the 'Zona pass rushers for a little while now. Never having really known their names other than watch them just wreak havoc on the pac 10, I was always amazed at how relentless they both were. I think picking at 30 allows us the type of flexibility that the Colts have always had; you don't feel the need to pick a household name persay, but grab someone you know will fit your system and team.

In ending. I love Brooks Reed and I hope I'm not just drinking the koolaide.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I'be been hearing a lot of good things about Brooks Reed. I know Shane Hallam was talking about him earlier in the season so I wanted to see for myself what the hype was about and I came away impressed. Not sure if he could be a teams "# 1 passrusher" but he'll be a good player in the pros.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-01-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Reed is definitely on my short list of guys i would want if we stay at #30

Sig by Me
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I definitely like Reed, but I wonder if he's a little overvalued at this point if he's considered a viable option at #30 and not somebody who would be a decent option of we reach for need. I'll be honest, I haven't seen too much Arizona football, but I wonder why he got outperformed by a teammate with considerably lesser physical ability. Beyond that the Clay Matthews comparisons probably pump him up a little more than he would have been otherwise if Matthews hadn't exploded this year. I could definitely be wrong on him, but I think he's just got a ton of helium right now and he'll settle down a bit. Lots of guys have been talked about as potential first rounders who haven't even come close.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Christian Ballard be a good 3-4 DE? Trade to early-mid, 2nd round maybe?? His measurable's look good.

(didn't get a chance to watch much college ball this past year). I have a feeling if we let go of LT, we'll try and get a good offensive player 1st round. Like, I wasn't impressed when Baldwin/Pitt played Miami this year. But every major draft site has him as the 3rd best WR.

I'd love Julio Jones out of this class. But I don't see him dropping to our spot.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Would Christian Ballard be a good 3-4 DE? Trade to early-mid, 2nd round maybe?? His measurable's look good.

(didn't get a chance to watch much college ball this past year). I have a feeling if we let go of LT, we'll try and get a good offensive player 1st round. Like, I wasn't impressed when Baldwin/Pitt played Miami this year. But every major draft site has him as the 3rd best WR.

I'd love Julio Jones out of this class. But I don't see him dropping to our spot.
I like Ballard as a 3-4 end, especially on the Jets. The DE who needs to replaced sooner or later is Shaun Ellis and they are both similar players. Similar size, not big massive run stoppers but still strong at the point of attack with good versatility and pass rush ability.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah I definitely think Ballard fits the Jets well as Mo said. With that strong Senior Bowl apparently he's moved himself into fringe round 1 status, we'll see if that sticks but if it does he might be in the conversation for pick 30.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Found something in Kiper's recent mock draft interesting. Basically he said he was torn between what he thinks the Jets will do and what some of his sources say, which indicates to me that the Jets may be planning on doing something surprising. He said that DL is a priority but it's a deep draft for that (true) and then went with Rahim Moore for the pick.

Now I'm not a huge Rahim Moore fan for the Jets (don't think he's physical enough for what Ryan wants, seems hesitant to really come up and hit people) though safety is obviously a need. But the what sources say they might do thing interested me. Any thoughts on a first round pick that would be a little bit out of left field compared to expectations? Corner, running back, and offensive line come to mind unless of course Kiper would be surprised by ignoring the DL in early rounds which seems to be a bit of a trend.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Quote:
Found something in Kiper's recent mock draft interesting. Basically he said he was torn between what he thinks the Jets will do and what some of his sources say, which indicates to me that the Jets may be planning on doing something surprising. He said that DL is a priority but it's a deep draft for that (true) and then went with Rahim Moore for the pick.

Now I'm not a huge Rahim Moore fan for the Jets (don't think he's physical enough for what Ryan wants, seems hesitant to really come up and hit people) though safety is obviously a need. But the what sources say they might do thing interested me. Any thoughts on a first round pick that would be a little bit out of left field compared to expectations? Corner, running back, and offensive line come to mind unless of course Kiper would be surprised by ignoring the DL in early rounds which seems to be a bit of a trend.
Very interesting! Now recent success doesn't really let us critisize the Jets too much on personnel decisions but CB, RB or OL would be horrible picks considering our needs. Now there are a couple of wild cards to all of this:

- How high are they on Gilbert and/or Pitoitua? Do they expect them to make a DeVito-like impact soon?
- What will happen with Holmes and Edwards?
- Is Leonhard's injury maybe more serious?
- Do they feel they can't keep Hunter and Woody?

A lot of unknowns are in there for us outsiders. From our point of view I see Moore definitely as a possibility since Rex can't be thrilled with our lack of interceptions and the deep coverage in the middle. I think Pool was fine at the end of the year as he got more used to the defense but I can see Ryan looking for a playmaker back there.

Anyways, I would be extremely suprised if the first pick is not for the front seven.