Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Beef Wennington
Rookie

Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Free Agent WRs

Who (if any) do you think the Bears should look to sign? Me, I'm thinking Vincent Jackson would look good in Jay Cutler's redemption song.
Beef Wennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Beef Wennington
Rookie

Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beef Wennington is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a link to a nice list of all the FAs out there:

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=WR&y=2011
Old 01-26-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While VJ would be a great match with Cutler, I think he'll be too expensive. James Jones is a guy ready to be a full-time starter who will be cheaper, I think.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Beef Wennington
Rookie

What are everyone's thoughts about Plaxico LOL?

I think he'll be like Vick where he'll need a year just to shake off the rust/get back in NFL shape. Maybe 1/2 a year because WR isn't as demanding a position as QB.

I also think it's a horrible idea: Chicago's gun laws are just as tough as NYC's LOL.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Wennington View Post
What are everyone's thoughts about Plaxico LOL?

I think he'll be like Vick where he'll need a year just to shake off the rust/get back in NFL shape. Maybe 1/2 a year because WR isn't as demanding a position as QB.

I also think it's a horrible idea: Chicago's gun laws are just as tough as NYC's LOL.
I'd be cool with him coming to training camp and getting a look, but he's like 100 years old. I wouldn't even bet five bucks at 10-to-1 odds that he's got a good season left in him.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sidney Rice as a pipe dream. Ditto for VJ. Braylon Edwards if he comes cheaply. Mike Sims Walker if he can be had for a decent price.

EDIT: On Plax, if he will come here cheaply and with a clause in his contract based around conduct I am all for it.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson is one failed drug test from a year long suspension. The good news is there are plenty of cab businesses near Lake Forest. Personally, I think he's going to go to Kansas City, as an F you to the Chargers.
James Jones can work, but who else will make costly fumbles against us?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't have to request any singing be "cheap." And be a man, if you want to sign a guy, say it. Don't cover your ass by adding "if the price is right" or something. It's not your money, spend it frivolously in our inconsequential thread!

I know we already have his type but certainly not his level so...the numbers Santonio Holmes would put up in this offense would be dastardly. He's someone to look in to.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
You don't have to request any singing be "cheap." And be a man, if you want to sign a guy, say it. Don't cover your ass by adding "if the price is right" or something. It's not your money, spend it frivolously in our inconsequential thread!

I know we already have his type but certainly not his level so...the numbers Santonio Holmes would put up in this offense would be dastardly. He's someone to look in to.
On one hand I agree with you, but on the other I put those clauses in because that is exactly what I mean. I do not want us to blow all of our cap on a WR that may or may not be what we need to take our offense to the next level. So due to likely financial demands I will go with Mike Sims Walker followed by Plax. If Sidney Rice hits the open market (I doubt it) then we need to at least make a run at him though.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post

We have to be realistic. I assume there's going to be a salary cap, so we can't just say "the Bears should sign Vincent Jackson for one side of the field, Sidney Rice for the other, and Santonio Holmes in the slot."
Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

So Rice, VJ and I believe one other receiver was given a tag....

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
So Rice, VJ and I believe one other receiver was given a tag....
No. VJ is the only receiver to have been tagged.