Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-26-2011, 03:33 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Fine, maybe not devine, hadn't seen the 160 weigh in, that's ridiculous. Give me Murray or Locke instead then.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Okay, I totally somehow didn't realize Ryan Williams was a possibility. I'm sorry, but to me, that dude's ability is all world. Adrian Peterson style runner with even more speed than AP, and dude is just a monster.

I love me some Hokies, I know we have had our bad share of them, but man, this kid is amazing on the field. I'd gladly trade down out of the first into the early 2nd to take him. I'm afraid his stock is going to skyrocket.

He's going to have the best triangle numbers at the combine, book it.

Okay so, we know who my man crush is for this draft lol. If we could find a way to get a draft like.

1.) Bailey
2.) Williams
3.) Hankerson

I would go insane. I know I know, 3 ACC players, but c'mon now, seriously add Williams to our backfield and look how that dynamic changes, when Turner goes out, our offense would actually get more explosive. Dude would make everyone around here forget Snelling's name as a backup, plus in a couple years we could try to move Michael Turner out and let him be the 'primary' back. I see superstar in Ryan Williams.

Hankerson may not be the best WR, but at nearly 6'2 with his aggressive style, he'd be such a great compliment to Roddy. I know we all want those explosive plays, and I think Hankerson can give us those. But, there's also guys like the kid from ECU, #14, I forget his name, and Young out there who may offer more big play potential, I just really liked watching Hankerson play.

Last year I wanted us to pick up an explosive WR, this year, I want an explosive DE RB and WR. Key that I notice is we've been way too safe, we have a locker room that is established now. Bring back our vets, and some stupid rookie isn't going to fall out of line, they're going to have to step their game up. So Devine wouldn't worry me from a locker room standpoint. With fixtures like Matt Ryan, Tony G, Roddy White (who knows how to have fun and still work his butt off) on the offensive side of the ball, I don't think we'd have too much to worry about in terms of keeping a wild child in line.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Okay, I totally somehow didn't realize Ryan Williams was a possibility. I'm sorry, but to me, that dude's ability is all world. Adrian Peterson style runner with even more speed than AP, and dude is just a monster.

I love me some Hokies, I know we have had our bad share of them, but man, this kid is amazing on the field. I'd gladly trade down out of the first into the early 2nd to take him. I'm afraid his stock is going to skyrocket.

He's going to have the best triangle numbers at the combine, book it.

Okay so, we know who my man crush is for this draft lol. If we could find a way to get a draft like.

1.) Bailey
2.) Williams
3.) Hankerson

I would go insane. I know I know, 3 ACC players, but c'mon now, seriously add Williams to our backfield and look how that dynamic changes, when Turner goes out, our offense would actually get more explosive. Dude would make everyone around here forget Snelling's name as a backup, plus in a couple years we could try to move Michael Turner out and let him be the 'primary' back. I see superstar in Ryan Williams.

Hankerson may not be the best WR, but at nearly 6'2 with his aggressive style, he'd be such a great compliment to Roddy. I know we all want those explosive plays, and I think Hankerson can give us those. But, there's also guys like the kid from ECU, #14, I forget his name, and Young out there who may offer more big play potential, I just really liked watching Hankerson play.

Last year I wanted us to pick up an explosive WR, this year, I want an explosive DE RB and WR. Key that I notice is we've been way too safe, we have a locker room that is established now. Bring back our vets, and some stupid rookie isn't going to fall out of line, they're going to have to step their game up. So Devine wouldn't worry me from a locker room standpoint. With fixtures like Matt Ryan, Tony G, Roddy White (who knows how to have fun and still work his butt off) on the offensive side of the ball, I don't think we'd have too much to worry about in terms of keeping a wild child in line.
Hankerson is a 2nd rounder at worst IMO.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Hankerson is a 2nd rounder at worst IMO.
You're prolly right. I'm pipe dreamin here!

Okay how about this.

1.) Cameron Jordan (seeming less and less likely, as the Sr. Bowl continues)
2.) Ryan Williams
3.) Titus Young (maybe he's got a better chance to be here than Hankerson?)

I haven't been overly involved this year with prospects, just now getting into it. I've watched less college football this year than any other year in recent memory, cause my wife just can only handle so much football, I don't get it, find a hobby woman! haha.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titus won't be making it to the 3rd round.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do need to worry about bringing a wild child to the team. He won't mesh with the rest of the team. Devine is a grown man with a bunch of kids, he's not someone that will take anything from anyone. Just the type of person that will bring negative publicity to the team and that's one thing this organization doesn't need more of.

Look at the Dez Bryant situation. We needed a WR last year but we passed him because of him attitude, and it was good we did. He played well, but created atomicity in the locker room. He did not respect the veterans on the team and wouldn't do any of the rookie stuff. After having a great rookie year and still only 22, the cowboys are looking to trade him.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That rumor turned out to be bogus. I wouldn't have had any problem with someone like Dez. Hell, I was begging for him when it was our pick. The difference is, he's was an elite player. Noel Devine is not.

But yeah, I don't see us changing our tune much. I think someone like Vincent Jackson with the DUIs is about as far as we'd go.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
We do need to worry about bringing a wild child to the team. He won't mesh with the rest of the team. Devine is a grown man with a bunch of kids, he's not someone that will take anything from anyone. Just the type of person that will bring negative publicity to the team and that's one thing this organization doesn't need more of.

Look at the Dez Bryant situation. We needed a WR last year but we passed him because of him attitude, and it was good we did. He played well, but created atomicity in the locker room. He did not respect the veterans on the team and wouldn't do any of the rookie stuff. After having a great rookie year and still only 22, the cowboys are looking to trade him.
You must be drunk.

They wouldn't trade Dez, if they did, then Jurrah has gone Al Davis. He's their best player on offense, no way they let him go. We passed on him because we bought into the character concerns for w/e reason, or just really believed that Jenkins was worth 1/2 a crap.

Dez had an issue with not carrying pads in camp, 1 day, and he more than paid for it, if Jurrah wants to trade him, I'd absolutely trade for him, I'd give up our first round pick. No way you're getting a better talent than him @ 27.

Anyway,

I know we need a WR, and I'm a huge proponent of an elite offense would take us over the top. We gotta get that playmaker for the explosive plays, too many 3rd down conversions this year, and while Ryan was amazing, he would have been even better given proper weapons (Aside from Roddy and Tony) where he can spread the ball around more and have someone make a friggin play.

But I just couldn't let Cameron Jordan slip past us in the first round, not that we have that as an option prolly. Not many players I'd take over him for the Falcons and our needs this year. Williams would bring something to the RB position we haven't ever had in Atlanta...serious explosion. Serious gamebreaking potential. We saw it from Norwood as a rookie, in that game where he had over 100 yards on 8 carries. Then all of a sudden, he can't stay healthy and poof, there goes a huge part of our offense.

I don't know if Mularkey has what it takes as a playcaller either. He's way too predictable, i wonder if part of that was forced, last year w/o a slot WR, this year w/o a change of pace back. But even when he put in guys like Smith, and Johnson, you knew they were getting the ball if they stepped on the field, they were never decoys, so a strange personnel is in, just guard them, cause that's where it's going.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You must be drunk.

They wouldn't trade Dez, if they did, then Jurrah has gone Al Davis. He's their best player on offense, no way they let him go. We passed on him because we bought into the character concerns for w/e reason, or just really believed that Jenkins was worth 1/2 a crap.

Dez had an issue with not carrying pads in camp, 1 day, and he more than paid for it, if Jurrah wants to trade him, I'd absolutely trade for him, I'd give up our first round pick. No way you're getting a better talent than him @ 27.
Don't call me drunk, you're missing the whole point. He's definitely worth trading #27 for the talent, but it wouldn't be smart to go after him. If I remember correctly we did draft Roddy White at 27, so it went well that time.

We don't bring in players like Dez Bryant. He didn't want to do what all rookies do and created a big fuss that was all over newspapers, internet, tv and stuff. It's the negative publicity and we already had enough of that with the whole Vick and Petrino thing. Seems like you don't understand that Arthur Blank wants to change the public view of the Franchise and surround the locker room with good character guys and won't take a chance on anyone.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Don't call me drunk, you're missing the whole point. He's definitely worth trading #27 for the talent, but it wouldn't be smart to go after him. If I remember correctly we did draft Roddy White at 27, so it went well that time.

We don't bring in players like Dez Bryant. He didn't want to do what all rookies do and created a big fuss that was all over newspapers, internet, tv and stuff. It's the negative publicity and we already had enough of that with the whole Vick and Petrino thing. Seems like you don't understand that Arthur Blank wants to change the public view of the Franchise and surround the locker room with good character guys and won't take a chance on anyone.
1 day. Seriously, you're going to not take the best talent over not carrying pads for 1 day. It's not like he didn't carry pads all season, and it's not like Roy deserved to have his pads carried anyway, he should have asked if he could carry Dez's pads. Also if you remember, he said he was unaware of that tradition, truth or not, he straightened up, AND he got HOSED on a dinner bill to the tune of what 50k 1 night? Did you ever hear him complain about that?

Vick and Petrino is now nothing more than a stepping stone for the Atlanta Falcons. Were we mired in an ugly situation, absolutely, but now we're better for having gone through it. Back-to-Back-to-Back winning seasons. In order to keep an upward trajectory can't keep making the 'safe' bets. Just like Ryan wasn't the 'safe' bet, he was the risk and it paid off. We've spent the last 2 years playing it safe, time to shake it up a bit.

If you trust the coach, and locker room so little that they couldn't take 1 player and straighten him out (if the soft locker room in Dallas can do it, this core of vets can certainly do it) then I don't understand you.

So you can say we won't take a chance, I'm saying if we don't, we're going to slump back farther and farther away into a lack of competitiveness, that goes from play calling, to personnel moves etc. Don't be stupid, but if you play like you've got something to lose (like we did against Green Bay in the 2nd game) then you likely will. Green Bay is in the Super Bowl cause they played like they were playing with house money (and they were because they should have never made the playoffs) and they did what they had to to win, they didn't try not to lose.

But the Falcons are set now, in terms of the right type of character people et all the other important pieces. Now, it's time to bring in some flare, just a dash for taste. We have to get explosive plays, and those come from explosive players. There aren't many explosive players in the NFL (or any league for that matter) that don't have a certain...swagger about them. It's not about being perfect, it's about not making the same mistake twice, and being smart enough to realize that you were genuinely wrong...which Dez proved.

Last edited by the_dark_knight : 01-26-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1 day. Seriously, you're going to not take the best talent over not carrying pads for 1 day. It's not like he didn't carry pads all season, and it's not like Roy deserved to have his pads carried anyway, he should have asked if he could carry Dez's pads. Also if you remember, he said he was unaware of that tradition, truth or not, he straightened up, AND he got HOSED on a dinner bill to the tune of what 50k 1 night? Did you ever hear him complain about that?

Vick and Petrino is now nothing more than a stepping stone for the Atlanta Falcons. Were we mired in an ugly situation, absolutely, but now we're better for having gone through it. Back-to-Back-to-Back winning seasons. In order to keep an upward trajectory can't keep making the 'safe' bets. Just like Ryan wasn't the 'safe' bet, he was the risk and it paid off. We've spent the last 2 years playing it safe, time to shake it up a bit.

If you trust the coach, and locker room so little that they couldn't take 1 player and straighten him out (if the soft locker room in Dallas can do it, this core of vets can certainly do it) then I don't understand you.

So you can say we won't take a chance, I'm saying if we don't, we're going to slump back farther and farther away into a lack of competitiveness, that goes from play calling, to personnel moves etc. Don't be stupid, but if you play like you've got something to lose (like we did against Green Bay in the 2nd game) then you likely will. Green Bay is in the Super Bowl cause they played like they were playing with house money (and they were because they should have never made the playoffs) and they did what they had to to win, they didn't try not to lose.

But the Falcons are set now, in terms of the right type of character people et all the other important pieces. Now, it's time to bring in some flare, just a dash for taste. We have to get explosive plays, and those come from explosive players. There aren't many explosive players in the NFL (or any league for that matter) that don't have a certain...swagger about them. It's not about being perfect, it's about not making the same mistake twice, and being smart enough to realize that you were genuinely wrong...which Dez proved.
Did you even read his post, no one gives a **** if it was for a day or a season, the fact is, it brought up an issue, was in the papers, all over ESPN as bad **** between teammates, that it. We don't want that as an organization, thats his point. Learn to read.

And next, I would hope to god that he wouldnt say **** bout a 50k dinner bill when the guy is making millions to play football, he probably makes that amount by halftime.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

Again you are misunderstanding your own argument. There is a different meaning between a risk like Matt Ryan and a risk like Dez Bryant. Matt Ryan was a risky pick at #3 in terms of his talent for a franchise QB, Dez Bryant is a risky pick in terms of his attitude, and we can't gamble on those.

We knew weather Matt Ryan payed off or not, he wouldn't be someone that will disturb the chemistry between players. Every player on that offence will play as hard as they can if they have a guy like that leading them as opposed to some ego driven thug.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 01-26-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Again you are misunderstanding your own argument. There is a different meaning between a risk like Matt Ryan and a risk like Dez Bryant. Matt Ryan was a risky pick at #3 in terms of his talent for a franchise QB, Dez Bryant is a risky pick in terms of his attitude, and we can't gamble on those.

We knew weather Matt Ryan payed off or not, he wouldn't be someone that will disturb the chemistry between players. Every player on that offence will play as hard as they can if they have a guy like that leading them as opposed to some ego driven thug.
I'm not misunderstanding anything.

The fact that you have so little faith in our team that we couldn't handle 1 'malcontent'

Dude it was ONE DAY, who cares about the bad press? Seriously, it turned into good press after that dinner like 2 days later. You guys can keep on thinkin we'll never take a guy who has even a mild character concern, which is exactly what Dez Bryant is, MILD character concern. Did the kid make a mistake? Yes, did he fess up about it? Absolutely, why the heck would you suspend him when he told the truth, about something so minor.

Ya know what, it's not worth it.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Did you even read his post, no one gives a **** if it was for a day or a season, the fact is, it brought up an issue, was in the papers, all over ESPN as bad **** between teammates, that it. We don't want that as an organization, thats his point. Learn to read.

And next, I would hope to god that he wouldnt say **** bout a 50k dinner bill when the guy is making millions to play football, he probably makes that amount by halftime.
u mad brew?

Seriously, you're going to need a crane to get down from your high horse.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not misunderstanding anything.

The fact that you have so little faith in our team that we couldn't handle 1 'malcontent'

Dude it was ONE DAY, who cares about the bad press? Seriously, it turned into good press after that dinner like 2 days later. You guys can keep on thinkin we'll never take a guy who has even a mild character concern, which is exactly what Dez Bryant is, MILD character concern. Did the kid make a mistake? Yes, did he fess up about it? Absolutely, why the heck would you suspend him when he told the truth, about something so minor.

Ya know what, it's not worth it.
Stop saying it was one day. It doesn't matter because that's not the point. He was suspended pretty much his whole senior season of college football, how many days was that? It's a patters of bad behavior and discipline problems with the guy that we just can't afford to gamble with.

The problem is, TD has done and incredible amount of time researching the previous drafts for best character guys and brought in leaders and intelligent players only. He has done this so the franchise would be looked at in a brighter light. One bad apple on the team could negate all of that and all the hard work TD put in his team character strategy would go to waste. There is too much to lose from getting a guy like Dez Bryant.

edit: There is no way to "handle" guys like that. They are going to do what they are going to do. Arthur Blank pampered Michael Vick and gave him the biggest check NFL has seen and he still destroyed the whole franchise and brought so much negative press.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 01-27-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Sorry I stirred up the Devine debate. My point stands though, we definitely want one of those speedy munchkins.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Sorry I stirred up the Devine debate. My point stands though, we definitely want one of those speedy munchkins.
Yes, you're the guy with the bad attitude in this locker room. See what one guy can do to stirr it up? As a team leader I declare you are no longer needed here since you bring negative publicity to the board. You are now on the trading block.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Just a couple things from a DOL article. Nothing major.

he team will make a very thorough and detailed search for the next quarterback coach to replace Bill Musgrave, who left to become the coordinator in Minnesota.

The team recognizes that quarterback Matt Ryan is at a critical stage in his development and that he is the franchise quarterback that they feel will eventually take them to the Super Bowl.

There is no timetable for the search, but it will kick into overdrive when the coaches return from the Pro Bowl next week.

The Falcons are picking 27th and several onlookers down in Mobile have reported that Dimitroff and Les Snead, the director of player personnel, have been intensely studying the wide receiver group.

Titus and Hankerson! And I think Vincent Brown would definitely be a mid round target if WR isn't addressed in FA or early draft.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just a dream but somewhat reasonable draft...

1. Cameron Jordan DE ---doubt he falls past 15
2. Titus Young WR---people raving on him to be next DeSean
3. Ahmad Black---Nickel/ST
4. Derrick Locke RB

also thought bout trading back into the 3nd for a guy like Demarco Murry
Old 01-28-2011, 02:58 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
just a dream but somewhat reasonable draft...

1. Cameron Jordan DE ---doubt he falls past 15
2. Titus Young WR---people raving on him to be next DeSean
3. Ahmad Black---Nickel/ST
4. Derrick Locke RB

also thought bout trading back into the 3nd for a guy like Demarco Murry
I don't like Black, we don't need another tiny DB. I like him as a football player, but I'd like him to be elsewhere, just too small. It's bad enough with Grimes, who's all of 5'8". (man if he was just 2-3 inches taller, he'd have such a huge advantage)

I don't know much about Locke, but a lot of people around here are really high on him.

Wasn't Young the guy who started his own non profit organization already? He definitely has Falcon tendencies. Plus, if we can get a Desean on our team...our offense would seriously explode. Well, if we can get rid of Mularkey anyway.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:29 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I think we might have to trade up in Round 2 to get Titus. He's performing so well and is going to clock in a sub 4.4 at the combine.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any chances the Titans get Mularkey? :)

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
We can only hope! This would be such good news. I really, really think we need a fresh face at offensive coordinator.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Probably not. And not to mention, with McDaniels off the table, I'm OK with giving Mularkey a shot with some more talent.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't like Black, we don't need another tiny DB. I like him as a football player, but I'd like him to be elsewhere, just too small. It's bad enough with Grimes, who's all of 5'8". (man if he was just 2-3 inches taller, he'd have such a huge advantage)

I don't know much about Locke, but a lot of people around here are really high on him.

Wasn't Young the guy who started his own non profit organization already? He definitely has Falcon tendencies. Plus, if we can get a Desean on our team...our offense would seriously explode. Well, if we can get rid of Mularkey anyway.
We really just need a nickel. I wouldn't like another tiny DB myself, but if he can cover nice and blitz I would be all for it, doesn't matter how big he is. I doubt we take a CB before round 5 though.

Quote:
we all hate you