Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 01-26-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
QB: Drew Brees
RB: LeGarrette Blount
FB: Ovie Mughelli
WR: Roddy White
TE: Kellen Winslow
LT: Donald Penn
LG: Carl Nicks
C: Ryan Kalil
RG: Jahri Evans
RT: Tyson Clabo
WR: Mike Williams

DE: Will Smith
DT: Jonathan Babineaux
DT: Sedrick Ellis
DE: John Abraham
OLB: Quincy Black
MLB: Curtis Lofton
OLB: Jon Beason
CB: Aqib Talib
FS: Malcolm Jenkins
SS: William Moore
CB: Jabari Greer

KR: Eric Weems
0% chance I'd take Blount over Turner. Other than that, I like this list a lot. 1 other thing, I like Williams, and I think he's going to be very good, for a very long time, I just don't know if I could take him as my #2 WR from the NFC South. I know Colston has been down of late, but that dude catches everything. That's a really tough call.

Last edited by the_dark_knight : 01-26-2011 at 03:36 PM.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

White and Colston over Mike Williams for me.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
0% chance I'd take Blount over Turner. Other than that, I like this list a lot. 1 other thing, I like Williams, and I think he's going to be very good, for a very long time, I just don't know if I could take him as my #2 WR from the NFC South. I know Colston has been down of late, but that dude catches everything. That's a really tough call.
I'm not as big a Turner fan as I once was. He does not have that explosiveness anymore. Blount does. I read a stat where Blount was the top rusher over the 2nd half of the season or something like that.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over the last 8 games of the season:

Turner had 677 yards on 179 carries for an avg. of 3.78

Blount had 739 yards on 145 carries for an avg. of 5.09

Charles had 748 yards on 117 carries for an avg. of 6.39

Foster had 752 yards on 170 carries for an avg. of 4.42

Don't have time now, but Blount might have led over the last 10 games of the season.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll still take Turner over Blount at this point. It's by no means a big lead, but let's see how Blount handles a full years load first. His running style would be concerning to me as a Bucs fan.

But I fully agree on Turner. He's very overrated around these parts. He's a good RB for sure. But we are going to make sure he gets his touches, and he runs behind a good run blocking line. And the best FB in football. He's going to put up some numbers. But as DK said, the explosiveness has been zapped. There's no second gear and he doesn't seem as willing to just plow people over. He just finds his hole and falls forward at this point really.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that for now it is Turner > Blount. Blount has great potential and I could definitely see him being a Turner style runner in the NFL.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get who would put ryan over brees, freeman maybe but the 0.3 yards per attempt that ryan has really rubs me the wrong way.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Turner over Blount, although Blount breaks more big runs which is a huge plus. Blount needs to learn how to be a short-yardage back before he enters Michael Turner territory. Turner is a beast in the red zone, Blount is a non-factor.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think a big portion of Turner's downfall has been Mike Mularkey. He calls the same 4 plays all game long, makes it impossible to run really. The Falcons are having to overcome not only the opposing defense, but we're having to out play our offensive coordinator's play calls. We have a promising young QB, and we have a very solid squad, minus a #2 WR which we are really lacking at.

But I think that's why you don't see as many big runs from Turner. He does seem a bit slow to the hole, but a lot of the time I think it's just him being patient, other times I have visions of TJ Duckett flashing in my head. But until Blount proves he can do it with people gameplanning for him, then we'll see.

I think Blount is Brandon Jacobs 2.0
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie

TornadoRex smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
I think Blount is Brandon Jacobs 2.0
Except that Blount isn't a woman.

Brandon Jacobs is the weakest runner in the NFL, pound for pound.