Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Mike Munchak apparently has a shot at the job.
Munch would actually make me excited.

The other obvious promotion from within is Dave McGinnis, who used to be the HC of the Arizona Cardinals. He's our Assistant HC/LB Coach.

Gregg Williams is another failed HC who used to be a Titans assistant. The man knows how to run a defense, though.

Then there are the dream guys, like Cowher and Gruden.

Russ Grimm is a thought too, and The Leaf Chronicle brought up Reinfeldt's Seattle connection with Mike Holmgren, so it stands to reason that he'll look into guys who are from the Holgren coaching tree. Plus, we'll probably interview Perry Fewell.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Brian Schottenheimer
- Brian Billick
- Greg Williams
- Mike Munchak
- Jim Schwartz (?)
- Eric Mangini
- Marty Mornhinwheg

Some of the names that will probably get consideration.
-
Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Munch would actually make me excited.

The other obvious promotion from within is Dave McGinnis, who used to be the HC of the Arizona Cardinals. He's our Assistant HC/LB Coach.

Gregg Williams is another failed HC who used to be a Titans assistant. The man knows how to run a defense, though.

Then there are the dream guys, like Cowher and Gruden.

Russ Grimm is a thought too, and The Leaf Chronicle brought up Reinfeldt's Seattle connection with Mike Holmgren, so it stands to reason that he'll look into guys who are from the Holgren coaching tree. Plus, we'll probably interview Perry Fewell.
I'd seriously look at Fewell. Runs the 4-3 defense and has developed many great players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd also like to point out with Fisher and Washburn both gone, I doubt Jason Babin re-signs with us.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think rebuilding will do us good, also if we get a FA QB, I would LOVE Cameron Jordan at #8.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll bring in a FA QB to start right away, but we're going to take a QB now in the 1st Round. We have to. We just parted way with the only HC the Titans era has ever had, are resigning VY as a failed pick, lost the main coach the fans wanted to keep most of all (Wash), our OC is going through cancer and could retire now that Fish is gone, we fired our DC, and are coming off a hugely disappointing season where we finished last in the division.

The fanbase has become apathetic, and the organization has to do something to arouse energy, excitement, and interest going forward. And unless they hire Gruden, Cowher, or another huge hire like that, it's not gonna happen until they find a face of the franchise.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cameron Jordan :(
Old 01-28-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Munchak and Fewell would really be the only two that would have me excited. I could see how Gruden and Cowher would want to come here with ties to Tennessee, but they both seem comfortable where their at...... and I doubt they want to jump right into a stressful situation. I would be super excited to see what Munie could do, but I think priority 1 and 2 would be surrounding himself with great coordinators ( OC-Dinger, DC-????). He just seems like the ultimate players coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Titansfan123
Rookie

Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no matter who the coach is were gunna be ****** the next 2-3 years...I say get a FA QB and then just suck the fat one this year and get Andrew Luck and then we will be fine

Last edited by Titansfan123 : 01-29-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Titansfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
- Brian Schottenheimer
-
Please Tennessee, please take Brian Schottenheimer as far away from the New York Jets as you can. I BEG OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I don't want him, I've just seen him mentioned as a possible candidate.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Titansfan123
Rookie

Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian schottenheimer isnt ready to be a head coach yet...I dnt want munch at all he is a great offensive line coach but being an o line coach and a head coach are way different..i hope dinger stays especially if munch is the coach...I see munch being the next singletary everyone loves him great moral guy but making the jump from a position coach to head coach is hard not many people have been successful with that...I like Fewell a great Defensive coach wouldnt have to switch schemes we got all the right pieces for him...So if dinger leaves i like to bring in Mcdaniels he wasnt successful as a head coach but he had a great Offense while at denver.
Titansfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Here's an interview with Munch. I had never actually seen him on camera, so I didn't know if you guys had either. I came away very impressed: http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...st&wpid=87 90

He's actually been an in-demand guy for a while. Tons of guys have tried to get him in for interviews for Offensive Coordinator, but we deny them. Even this offseason, Schefter reported that Munch turned down 3 different chances to leave.

If we promote from within, I want it to be Munch. He's was a great player. He's been a great position coach. He's attracted a lot of attention as a possible OC, despite never being one. And not being an OC doesn't really matter, since OC is X's and O's and HC is more manager and decision maker. But the guy has like nearly 30 years of experience in the NFL, and all of it has been with the Titans. I'm for giving him a shot, especially if Dinger and McGinnis stay on.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I want Munch to be our HC and I wanted Josh McDaniels to be our OC but he is with the Rams now :(. I good with Dinger and McGinnis as oour coordinators. I want Munch to bring Bruce Matthews and make him our OL coach/ assistant head coach.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

^^^ Oooh that's a good idea that I hadn't thought about.
Shouldn't be too hard to pull him from the Texans either unless he just really loves living in Houston.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:49 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The Texans asked us a year ago if they could interview Munch for their OC spot after Kyle Shannahan went to Washington with his dad. We denied them, even though it'd be a promotion for Munch.

If I were a betting man, I'd go all in on the Texans returning the favor if we asked to interview Matthews for OL Coach. Plus, he really likes it there and signed a new contract just this month after interviewing for a job with the Cowboys (although, it was for just as another offensive assistant, not OL Coach).

But if there was a spot that Matthews would leave for, it'd be going back to the Titans and reuniting with the other half of arguably the best Guard-Center tandem in NFL history.

But yeah, getting Bruce as OL Coach would be a great move. Of course, Munch would still have a part in the OL even as HC. He's too good of a coach and talent evaluator not to.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....... why is Danarius Moore rated so low among wideouts? Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Beats me. I think we all saw what he could do with a legit QB once Bray came in. Maybe the Titans can use a 7th on him.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

WR Coach Fred Graves has left for a multi-year deal in Carolina.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Well can't wait to see our brand new coaching staff...start ******* hiring Bud.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Can we get rid of Marcus Robertson while we're at it?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Detroit Lions release cornerback Eric King - Detroit Free Press

Re-sign him now damn it! DO IT NOW!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are you bastards trying to steal auburns d-line coach away?!? (tracy rocker)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

That's the rumor.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if so good for him he deserves it. done a great job at AU. nick fairley was a 3* OL coming to auburn and coached him into a beast.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote