Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-10-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So maybe Nova can develop and be a great player for us. We have Nova, Belemonte, and Dodd. Jefferson will develop as a TE, and Sanu is coming back and will be a beast.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
So maybe Nova can develop and be a great player for us. We have Nova, Belemonte, and Dodd. Jefferson will develop as a TE, and Sanu is coming back and will be a beast.
The offensive skill positions are there especially at WR. WR is incredibly deep with Sanu, Harrison, Deering, Coleman, Wright, and Stroud. I could even name some more guys but they may have to move off the position. The O-Line should improve with more experience plus we have some JUCO's coming in that should help. If Dodd can step his game up we can be back to at least a .500 team next year with possibly more. There has been no continuity at QB since Teel left though so that's been one of the problems. If Savon Huggins comes to Rutgers as well we have ourselves the best player RU has ever recruited.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teel was so underrated. I remember he used to frustrate me to know end. If we had a better QB we could have done damage. Now that he is gone, I appreciate him. Same with the OL and running game. But I knew Rice was a beast and proved it on the national stage for everyone to see.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Teel was so underrated. I remember he used to frustrate me to know end. If we had a better QB we could have done damage. Now that he is gone, I appreciate him. Same with the OL and running game. But I knew Rice was a beast and proved it on the national stage for everyone to see.
Yeah that's how I feel about Teel as well. Just watching the games our offense could have been even better and it was already one of the best in the country. We're the only team ever to have a 3,000 yard passer, 2 1,000 yard WR's, and a 2,000 yard rusher. Teel threw a ton of high balls though and he wasn't very accurate during stretches of some games. If you look at the talent on those teams on both sides of the ball it's littered with NFL players all over. We should have been better I guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I found this interesting:

Quote:
For the past three years I have been granted unfettered access to the Michigan football program, from the meeting room to the locker room, to write a book about what I've seen. I thought I knew college football, and particularly Michigan football, as well as anyone. But after three years of seeing everything up close, I can tell you this unequivocally: I had no idea.
  • If the tenure of Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, who was fired Wednesday, looked chaotic to outsiders, it appeared positively crazy from the inside.
In this story, Bacon talks about how Michigan had offered the coaching job to Greg Schiano, but he turned it down, so they turned to Rodriguez. A source I have once told me that Schiano regretted that decision right after he made it and frantically tried to get back in on the Wolverines job, but it was too late. Rodriguez had jumped at it. I'm curious about whether things would have been different in the Big East and the Big Ten if he had taken it instead of Rodriguez.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really wish i didn't read that...
also, we got nova

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...a_commits.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sorry Scotty not even Schiano is perfect. I mentioned that we got Nova earlier. Probably another reason why Savage left. Nova should compete with Dodd from Day 1 and he'd our new pro style offense much better. Last Bosco QB we had worked out pretty well also I'd say.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh, i didn't see you said it was official...WELL I HAD A LINK!
and yea, i learned greg has some flaws with the way he butchered the O last year. I still have really big hopes for this team though. Young, some good new coaches, let's see what happens.

on a side note, in my NCAA dynasty, savage got hurt fpr season and Shimko came in and broke the record for QB rating...interesting. thought i'd share haha.
it's probably because I only let him throw like slants and easy throws and he only threw like 1 or 2 picks
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh, i didn't see you said it was official...WELL I HAD A LINK!
and yea, i learned greg has some flaws with the way he butchered the O last year. I still have really big hopes for this team though. Young, some good new coaches, let's see what happens.

on a side note, in my NCAA dynasty, savage got hurt fpr season and Shimko came in and broke the record for QB rating...interesting. thought i'd share haha.
it's probably because I only let him throw like slants and easy throws and he only threw like 1 or 2 picks
Haha well you managed the O better than Schiano.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Haha well you managed the O better than Schiano.
i mean martinek also was 2nd in the nation in running and went pro haha. it's so easy to run in that game. but yes, quick slants, bombs to sanu and harrison. it worked quite well.
Quote:
Old 01-25-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Recruiting is really picking up. We got 4* OT Josue Matias and 3* CB Lafayette Pitts the last two nights. Hopefully the best is yet to come with Huggins and Marquise Wright. They are the top 2 players in NJ.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Today is the day folks. Savon Huggins please choose Rutgers!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda want Schiano to become our defensive coordinator when Fewell leaves.

I'd prefer an NFL guy, but I rather have Schiano than another Cover 2 guy.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I kinda want Schiano to become our defensive coordinator when Fewell leaves.

I'd prefer an NFL guy, but I rather have Schiano than another Cover 2 guy.
That would be very interesting. I actually think he'd do a pretty good job as a D coordinator. He really is a terrible in game coach in regards to game management and play calling though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be very interesting. I actually think he'd do a pretty good job as a D coordinator. He really is a terrible in game coach in regards to game management and play calling though.
That's mostly on offense though isn't it?

I heard he likes following the Jim Johnson (Dallas Cowboys Johnson) style of defense. Basically a lot of man coverage, smaller faster 4-3 with some blitzing. That would fit our defense.

I admit I haven't seen much of Rutgers the past 2 years, but I do remember seeing him run some good stuff.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's mostly on offense though isn't it?

I heard he likes following the Jim Johnson (Dallas Cowboys Johnson) style of defense. Basically a lot of man coverage, smaller faster 4-3 with some blitzing. That would fit our defense.

I admit I haven't seen much of Rutgers the past 2 years, but I do remember seeing him run some good stuff.
Yeah the playcalling issue is more of an offensive thing. I like the way he runs his D's also. He's very agressive with some good blitz packages. Not that much zone. The only complaing I would have is that he likes smaller quicker DT's as well. I don't know if he does it on purpose or more because we haven't had a chance to get those big hulking DT's untill very recently.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah the playcalling issue is more of an offensive thing. I like the way he runs his D's also. He's very agressive with some good blitz packages. Not that much zone. The only complaing I would have is that he likes smaller quicker DT's as well. I don't know if he does it on purpose or more because we haven't had a chance to get those big hulking DT's untill very recently.
Yeah I think he does favor smaller quicker guys. If I remember correctly, that's part of the system. But whatever, I'm sure he'll adjust to our personnel if he got the job. College coaches seem to be more willing to adjust than NFL guys bc they're so used to doing it.

The more I think of it the more I like the idea of him as our DC in the future. Of course, there's like a 1% chance of it ever happening.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Haha it might be less than 1%.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Savon Huggins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

huggins huggins huggins whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Quote:
Old 01-28-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Man we are cleaning up this year big time. We still 2 other big time recruits in Wright and Simmons that would really make this faptastic. Keep choppin.

Huggins put on the UNC hat first and then took it off and put the Rutgers hat on and started choppin. Love him already.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Just for good measure since I'm pumped right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Man we are cleaning up this year big time. We still 2 other big time recruits in Wright and Simmons that would really make this faptastic. Keep choppin.

Huggins put on the UNC hat first and then took it off and put the Rutgers hat on and started choppin. Love him already.
where'd you see/hear that? that rules
Quote:
Old 01-28-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad you still won't be able to beat Tulane. (rim shot)

At least you can beat UConn, as always, though.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
where'd you see/hear that? that rules
Rivals and Scout people were saying it.

sig by BoneKrusher