Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'd love him as the Bears backup. Both times he played us, he looked like ******* Peyton Manning. So...yeah. At least there's something there that can be worked with.
Caleb Hanie >>>>>> Matt Leinart
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Caleb Hanie >>>>>> Matt Leinart
Caleb Hanie is getting way too much love for a guy who threw the game-losing pick six to a guy who weighs like three quarters of a ton, imo.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-29-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Caleb Hanie is getting way too much love for the guy who threw the game-losing pick six, imo.
Your mad at your third string QB who got you into a game your starting QB who you traded two firsts for couldn't, and than discredit him for a fourth down pass with barely anytime that resulted in a pick? I swear your arguments for/against QBs are the most ridiculous arguments I have ever read. If it were Jay Cutler who threw that pick, you'd be saying how its the wrs fault or the play call, or the O-line or some miraculous act of God as to why it wasn't Cutlers fault. imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Your mad at your third string QB who got you into a game your starting QB who you traded two firsts for couldn't, and than discredit him for a fourth down pass with barely anytime that resulted in a pick? I swear your arguments for/against QBs are the most ridiculous arguments I have ever read. If it were Jay Cutler who threw that pick, you'd be saying how its the wrs fault or the play call, or the O-line or some miraculous act of God as to why it wasn't Cutlers fault. imo.
a. It wasn't on fourth down with no time left. It was third down with 6 minutes left. The fourth down one with no time left was no big deal.

b. It wasn't even tipped or anything. It was right to a guy the size of an elephant. Hanie didn't even see him. His jersey is like a green four person tent.

c. Matt Leinart force feeds the ball to a running back, he sucks. Kevin Kolb force feeds the ball to a running back, he sucks. Caleb Hanie force feeds the ball to a running back, he's ZOMG BETTA THAN CUTLER. I dunno why the Packers let him do it, but all he did was toss the ball short to Forte over and over.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-29-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
a. It wasn't on fourth down with no time left. It was third down with 6 minutes left. The fourth down one with no time left was no big deal.

b. It wasn't even tipped or anything. It was right to a guy the size of an elephant. Hanie didn't even see him. His jersey is like a green four person tent.
I'm amazed you weren't talking about the actual game clincher, in fact your saying that by going up by one score that was the clincher for the packers. Not only that, but he led the bears to a pretty impressive drive to bounce back from that which was slowed by a terrible end around. I seriously am still in disbelief were talking about the Raji pick and not the actual game clincher. it was a one score game, my god if hes getting over hyped for putting the bears in the position they were in what does that make Cutler for not even putting up a single point for the bears. I wish I could understand the logic of people who defend Cutler, third string QB who puts his team in a position to win when it looked like it was over = overrated. Cutler doesn't put up a single point in the same amount of time played as Hanie, maybe more = defend him in every thread about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
c. Matt Leinart force feeds the ball to a running back, he sucks.
Which RB did Matt Leinart force feed the ball to?
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Hightower mostly

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Caleb Hanie is getting way too much love for a guy who threw the game-losing pick six to a guy who weighs like three quarters of a ton, imo.
Believe me, I would have said the same thing two weeks ago, and I've never been a Hanie fan. Leinart sucks, and his intangibles are a negative at this point. I wouldn't go anywhere near him.

EDIT: Though you are not being at all fair to Hanie. That was a terrible play, but it didn't lose the game. The whole 3rd and 3 debacle at the end of the game clinched it, and that's not only on Caleb. His bounce back was impressive, and he made a few nice plays with his arm and feet in the process.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 01-29-2011 at 08:17 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart has a weak arm, an entitled attitude, and no NFL success as a base to stand on. He's just a backup QB, and I don't see that changing. I mean, he failed in a dream situation for a QB. It's all of the sudden now going to click? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
What's funny is that's not even the most notorious lateral from that game.

Reggie Bush made one of the single most idiotic plays I have ever seen in my life, and not only that, by doing that he single handedly and succinctly displayed USC's overconfidence.

USC with their heads on straight wins that game 7/10 times, but I'd gloat nonstop if I were a Texas fan. The coverage entering that game, especially with ESPN's bit on comparing that USC team with the all-time greatest teams in the history of the sport, was appalling. It was as if it was a foregone conclusion that USC would win, so they came up with another hypothetical championship using legendary teams. It was at that point that I and every living person of the face of the earth realized that an already pissed off Vince Young now had a pissed off locker room behind him, and that this was going to be a game, especially if USC listened to everybody telling them how great they were.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Tim Hightower mostly
Am I missing something here? I don't remember him ever playing with Hightower enough to force feed him the ball a lot? Wells was never a receiver and James wasn't much of one either...was there someone else before Hightower came?
Old 01-29-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
What's funny is that's not even the most notorious lateral from that game.

Reggie Bush made one of the single most idiotic plays I have ever seen in my life, and not only that, by doing that he single handedly and succinctly displayed USC's overconfidence.
I remember that lateral it was really stupid. I agree that USC lost that game by themselves, which they could have win. Just don't get why Texas fans like to bring it up when evidence clearly shows the truth. I'm not THAT good at photoshop!

Does anyone think Vince Young is just as cocky with the same "entitled" attitude as Leinart? It seems as if he does have that attitude to me, just not to Leinart's degree, but still too high on himself.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
I remember that lateral it was really stupid. I agree that USC lost that game by themselves, which they could have win. Just don't get why Texas fans like to bring it up when evidence clearly shows the truth. I'm not THAT good at photoshop!
True, but it was one play that didn't decide the game. I believe it was a TD, but it would have stayed Texas's ball which means VY could've still ended up with a TD on that drive, and with how he played, that's not a stretch at all to assume. USC didn't get robbed.

But like I said, this was the biggest upset of this decade (which it rightly shoulder have been considered that), especially considering the juicy, underlying storylines. Texas fans saw their player lose the Heisman to a USC player, and then had to listen to the overwhelming hype of USC > Everyone, let alone Texas. If the roles were reversed, would you not brag and talk smack about that game every chance you got? I probably would. Takes a while to drop the biggest chip on your shoulder ever created.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear god I love that Rose Bowl. Still by far one of the most impressive individual showings Ive ever seen on a football field by Vince Young and one of my favorite games to watch. Ive seen it a few times now, Ive got a copy on my computer. Just excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
True, but it was one play that didn't decide the game. I believe it was a TD, but it would have stayed Texas's ball which means VY could've still ended up with a TD on that drive, and with how he played, that's not a stretch at all to assume. USC didn't get robbed.

But like I said, this was the biggest upset of this decade (which it rightly shoulder have been considered that), especially considering the juicy, underlying storylines. Texas fans saw their player lose the Heisman to a USC player, and then had to listen to the overwhelming hype of USC > Everyone, let alone Texas. If the roles were reversed, would you not brag and talk smack about that game every chance you got? I probably would. Takes a while to drop the biggest chip on your shoulder ever created.
I admit USC didn't get robbed, and I've always admitted that. It would still have been first and goal around the 10 yard line if I remember correctly and the way Young was running all over them, it probably would have been another score. But when Texas fans keep trying to bring that game up and it was a one score game and there was still a chance that he wouldn't score...it's a great comeback!

I have a friend that was actually there on the sideline too and was a couple feet away from Young's last TD run. Lucky ******, good thing I knocked him out of the playoffs in our fantasy conference championship game.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I wanna know is how Leinart would have done under Fisher in Tennessee.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He threw an interception to JaMarcus Russell?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Dear god I love that Rose Bowl. Still by far one of the most impressive individual showings Ive ever seen on a football field by Vince Young and one of my favorite games to watch. Ive seen it a few times now, Ive got a copy on my computer. Just excellent.
That game and USC-Notre Dame that year were absolutely spectacular.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
What I wanna know is how Leinart would have done under Fisher in Tennessee.
The same .