Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
36 year old Jeff Garcia and 2 years out of jail Mike Vick came in and outplayed him in that very same system. Not only did Alex outplay Mcnabb last year, but so did Rex Grossman....with the same exact personnel.
I know. I was being sarcastic. Not an Alex fan but McNabb is a severe downgrade. Most overrated QB of this generation.
PatrickWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UGH. Please don't turn this place into 49ers.com. I left that place many years ago because of this ****.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
UGH. Please don't turn this place into 49ers.com. I left that place many years ago because of this ****.
LOL at your sig. World Champs, and Sabes held onto the pitching. Suck it.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickWillis View Post
LOL at your sig. World Champs, and Sabes held onto the pitching. Suck it.
Suck it? Really? Yep, I'm pretty upset the Giants won the World Series. I've only been waiting my whole life to witness it.

FYI, I still wear this sig because it is my daily serving of crow and because I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suck it? Really? Yep, I'm pretty upset the Giants won the World Series. I've only been waiting my whole life to witness it.

FYI, I still wear this sig because it is my daily serving of crow and because I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.
and because Sabean will probably make a move this season that will justify reusing that sig again anyway so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missed the Senior Bowl. Here is Kevin Lynch's breakdown of the offensive players:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=82076
Likes Ponder the most of the QBs that played. Hope ESPN3.com has some FSU games up would like to watch some film on him. Anyone watch the game?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
and because Sabean will probably make a move this season that will justify reusing that sig again anyway so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Wasn't that supposed to happen last year? I remember clearly now....How could idiot Sabes EVER trade future All Star John Bowker for Javier Lopez.

Oh, wait....
Old 01-30-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:

Yes, suck it. Whiny, b*tchy fans like you who are sheep and cried about Sabean daily didn't deserve to see a champion. You should have just stopped watching in August, when the sky was falling.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wasn't that supposed to happen last year? I remember clearly now....How could idiot Sabes EVER trade future All Star John Bowker for Javier Lopez.

Oh, wait....
Never complained about the Javier Lopez/John Bowker move but he was bailed out by a lot of the right things happening at the right time. Do not forget that Jose Guillen was our starting RF all the way up to game 162 with Cody Ross not getting much playing time. Same goes for blocking Cody Ross and in a sense getting stuck with him.

There are countless other Sabean head scratching moves.

Credit where credit is due he brought SF the 1st World Title and I will be forever grateful for that but he still does questionable things. He NAILED the Lopez and Ramirez trade but with the salary crunch coming up with all the starters and Wilson I am worried about what Sabs has up his sleeve with his past moves.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Oh, wait....
FYI, this sig dates back to 2007. Would you like to defend Sabean's moves from back then?

I never had high regard for Bowker. I always thought he was a product of the extremely hitter-friendly PCL. MLB pitchers exposed that hole in his swing. He's a AAAA player to me.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
FYI, this sig dates back to 2007. Would you like to defend Sabean's moves from back then?

I never had high regard for Bowker. I always thought he was a product of the extremely hitter-friendly PCL. MLB pitchers exposed that hole in his swing. He's a AAAA player to me.
From 07? Sure, we can look at that.

Zitto- A massive fail to be sure, but it certainly IS curious why Peter Magowan was forced out of his role in 08' after Zito was failing miserably. Also curious that Magowan refused to answer Ralph on KNBR whose idea it was to sign Zito. So we can pin this on Sabes, or we can think outside the box and realize that it was someone else's decision to sign the next "star" for when Barry eventually left.

Rowand- A bust, no doubt about it. Never liked the move.

Drafted Madison Bumgarner- Future Lefty ace and stuck with him after his mechanics were out of whack.. Plus, plus decision in the draft,

Drafted Buster Posey- Probably the best pick from that 08' draft.

Juan Uribe signing(both times, 09, 10)- One of Sabes' most underrated moves.

Aubrey Huff signing(10)- Best free agency value of the year.

Mark DeRosa-Missed, but doctors told Sabean he would be fine. He took a risk and it failed.

Finding Andres Torres- Plus, plus move.

Pat Burrell- Plus, plus move.

Cody Ross- Need I say more?

Javier Lopez, Ramon Ramirez- plus moves.

So yeah, I see a lot more plus from Sabes after 07' than minuses.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL at internet e-thugs. The only place they can feel important.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
LOL at internet e-thugs. The only place they can feel important.
There's no e-thugs. Just mindless morons who think McNabb at this stage in his career is an upgrade at the position of QB.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
1. When has Kolb played a lot better than Smith ever has?

2. 1 game doesn't prove anything. The next week he played poorly, the game that Johnson missed in 2009 Palmer went 1/11 with an interception before getting pulled in favor of J.T. O'Sullivan

3. In his rookie season, Leinart looked no better than Smith in his second season and since then Smith has been okay, Leinart has been awful. There is no way anyone could think Leinart is better than Smith. It is that simple.

And I admit that I may be a little biased towards Smith. He seems like a genuinely likable guy. That has nothing to do with me believing that he has not been nearly as bad as some people think and that he is our best option for next year.

Palmer-cuses and McNabb-ecuses.
In regards to Kolb he's had games this season and the season before that where he's looked better than Alex ever has in some cases. The game against the Falcons was a nice example. Over 300 yards in less than 30 attempts and three touchdown passes against a good opponent and a knockout victory. When is the last time Alex did something like that?

Matt Leinart looked good in his rookie year, and of course afterwards took a nose dive due to his reported lack of commitment. Alex has not looked okay since 2006, which wasn't even that great of a year in the first place...and that was with Gore having his best season ever. At the time I was willing to give him a pass because it was only his second season in a new system, but he never took that next step. Alex Smith I'm sure is a good person. That isn't what the debate is about. I just don't think he's a good quarterback, nor do I think he is absolutely our best option for 2011. And the excuses for McNabb and Palmer don't look as bad when they've actually had good seasons in the NFL.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-30-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
There's no e-thugs. Just mindless morons who think McNabb at this stage in his career is an upgrade at the position of QB.
I rest my case. You have to insult others (taking issue with posters instead of the post) to make yourself feel like you've accomplished something important in life. Keep proving me correct.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best and worst of Brian Sabean

I am a Braves fan. When you aren't spending 150mil you need some luck to win.

Sabean did find a trio of losers that scored 25 runs in the post season.

Needed every one as the Braves lost 3 games by 1 run. And the team at the point Billy Wagner got hurt on top of Chipper Jones and Martin Prado was a 70 mil 70 win team.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PatrickWillis, why do you have to come on these boards and be so hostile? I see you're new; this board is more civilized than those other crap boards.

Most of us know what we are talking about, and only a few (Dan) have crazy ideas, unlike the 49ers.com and webzone boards. So please don't come in here and start arguments with everyone.

Thanks
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Best and worst of Brian Sabean

I am a Braves fan. When you aren't spending 150mil you need some luck to win.

Sabean did find a trio of losers that scored 25 runs in the post season.

Needed every one as the Braves lost 3 games by 1 run. And the team at the point Billy Wagner got hurt on top of Chipper Jones and Martin Prado was a 70 mil 70 win team.
Trio of losers? Yeah Buster Posey, what a loser. Aubrey Huff, straight loser. Andres Torres? Ultra-loser. Pipe down, Bravo fan. Not our fault your manager was dumb as a brick in that series.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
PatrickWillis, why do you have to come on these boards and be so hostile? I see you're new; this board is more civilized than those other crap boards.

Most of us know what we are talking about, and only a few (Dan) have crazy ideas, unlike the 49ers.com and webzone boards. So please don't come in here and start arguments with everyone.

Thanks
Word. I wish I could be easily amused by being obnoxious to others for merely an ego boost. Oh well.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Changing the topic somewhat, what's everyone's top five players that they're hoping for in the draft at number seven? Here's mine -

1) CB Patrick Peterson
2) WR A.J. Green
3) CB Prince Amukamara
4) QB Jake Locker
5) OLB Von Miller

Thoughts?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
I rest my case. You have to insult others (taking issue with posters instead of the post) to make yourself feel like you've accomplished something important in life. Keep proving me correct.
You've yet to make a compelling agument as to why McFlabb is an upgrade other than "INTS= ACCURACY!". As Binary pointed out:

-Got outplayed by 36 year old Garcia in the same system.

-Chokes under pressure.

-Is an old, oft-injured QB who got benched in favor of Rex Freaking Gorssman this year because he couldn't learn Shanny's playbook.

I take exception to your points, not you yourself, although I'm pretty sure if I met you in real life I would have a strong urge to kick you in the nads for being so stupid.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda have an idea who i want in the first 3 rounds...

1. Amukamara
2. Brooks Reed
3. Kaepernick/Ponder

edit: I am not a huge Von Miller fan. I've had enough undersized OLB passrushers...
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Possible to keep the Giants talk in the Giants thread?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Changing the topic somewhat, what's everyone's top five players that they're hoping for in the draft at number seven? Here's mine -

1) CB Patrick Peterson
2) WR A.J. Green
3) CB Prince Amukamara
4) QB Jake Locker
5) OLB Von Miller

Thoughts?
1) AJ green(my opinion is best player in the draft, regardless of need)
2) Peterson
3) Robert Quinn
4)Amukamara
5)Trade down.

Locker is a 3rd rounder IMO, and Von Miller scares me. No doubt his athleticism is off the charts, but he could be another Manny Lawson who's pass rush abilities don't translate to the next level.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
Word. I wish I could be easily amused by being obnoxious to others for merely an ego boost. Oh well.
I just lay out the facts. Your INT= accuracy is one of the dumbest things I have read as it pertains to football in awhile. This is why I think you are a giant moron, and your opinion on QB's is rendered useless from here on out. Have a good day.