Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-31-2011, 07:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Baller12 View Post
So I'd like to get over this girl i have a crush on because she has a BF; and i really don't see them breaking up anytime soon. Unfortunately i waited too long to ask her out; that is what she told me. I knew she was interested at one point but i didn't want to date her at that time. Now that she has a bf i want to date her know. It is driving me insane.
Go find some strange tang...

Seriously though, I had a situation like this a few months ago, I didn't do much besides spend more time with my friends. Lots of chilling with your buds and becoming less sober really does wonders. Most like scenario is you'll get over her in the meantime and will go on with your life.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Buc Baller12
Rookie

Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.

Yeah I've been trying to keep myself occupied these last few months with school, work, hooping, and trying new activities. Every now and then. I start thinking about her and what could have been; Like a demon in my head. I still do see her at school, club meetings, and the gym. We don't really talk to each other that much anymore; we just have a tendency to catch each other looking at one another. I still have a small ray of hope that she will break up with him and i'll get my chance again but i don't see that happening in the near future. were still pretty young.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Vagina and all?
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with screwdrivers and coke & rums.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I've been trying to keep myself occupied these last few months with school, work, hooping, and trying new activities. Every now and then. I start thinking about her and what could have been; Like a demon in my head. I still do see her at school, club meetings, and the gym. We don't really talk to each other that much anymore; we just have a tendency to catch each other looking at one another. I still have a small ray of hope that she will break up with him and i'll get my chance again but i don't see that happening in the near future. were still pretty young.
Until you stop worrying about them breaking up and focus on yourself, you won't have any chance of moving on. You need to put it out of your mind in some way. Whether it's a new girl, a new hobby, sports, school, whatever. Find something else to worry about. I have been there many times in my life, and it always sucked. Looking back, when I had something else to focus on, I was able to get past it. It always seemed hard at the time, but once it was behind me, it wasn't that big a deal.

You will get there eventually. All you need is the right outlook and time. You are young, so you don't need to worry that much. Just breathe and enjoy life. Another will come along. And another one after that.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

If a girl turned a guy down because he was "too aggressive" would he have a chance in the future or is that girl done with?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Buc Baller12
Rookie

Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
If a girl turned a guy down because he was "too aggressive" would he have a chance in the future or is that girl done with?
I guess it depends on how aggressive you were. I'd kind of back off for a while; and distract myself with other girls or a hobby. Then see what happens in the future.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
I guess it depends on how aggressive you were. I'd kind of back off for a while; and distract myself with other girls or a hobby. Then see what happens in the future.
Thats what I was planning on, thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost every time you get rejected, the reason you get is not the reason you got rejected. Girls tend to try to spare feelings. They are flattered, but not interested. Regardless of what you were told, she isn't having it. Whether it was your level of aggression or not, it's not happening. Don't sweat it and move on. Sounds like you're on your way.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Almost every time you get rejected, the reason you get is not the reason you got rejected. Girls tend to try to spare feelings. They are flattered, but not interested. Regardless of what you were told, she isn't having it. Whether it was your level of aggression or not, it's not happening. Don't sweat it and move on. Sounds like you're on your way.
This. Bitches lie. Well, so do we but whatever. Never believe a chick is not interested/leaving for the reason she says, unless it's something rude.. then she's being honest.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Part of the reason guys are stupid enough to stay around. Girls aren't assertive enough when they say "no". Or they just don't say it. Then it turns to absolute crap. At that point, it's everyone's fault.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Part of the reason guys are stupid enough to stay around. Girls aren't assertive enough when they say "no". Or they just don't say it. Then it turns to absolute crap. At that point, it's everyone's fault.
Definitely true. But at least I'm pretty sure that the girl who just ended things with me was telling the truth. I am "to self-centered to be able to deal with my[her] issues, and would just bail as soon as I[she] became irrational." I told my buddy this--his response?--"Dude, she ****ing nailed it."

It just sucks, she was one of my best friends before any of this started(for the few of those who remember, she was the girl who was going to hitchhike with me until she tore a muscle in her hip and had to get surgery). She is a great friend, but absolutely terrible as anything more. The biggest problem is that as long as we stay friends it isn't completely over. After 6 months or a year we'll start to think that maybe it wasn't so bad. We'll forget that it was that bad--and almost ruined our friendship.

Moral of the story? Don't get involved with friends that you aren't prepared to lose.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
It's not a big deal it's not like I have feelings for this girl, I was just curious.

But I heard it from a friend through a friend of hers, so it wasn't directly to me so I doubt it wasn't the truth.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter.

Bsaza, you have a sound view of women lol.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats everyone doing for v-day this weekend? I dont mean gifts, but what events are you doing ? Trying to think of what to do on top of eating out.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Eating out.... LOLZZZ.

Try to think outside the box. Go on a nice boat or maybe a helicopter ride over your city?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I hate Valentine's Day. It is a purely commercial holiday that helps the local and national economy, but it is based on some sort of BS societal crap where 1 day a year is set aside to tell someone that you love and care about them. I prefer to think outside the box and go with nice thoughtful gifts and a nice home cooked meal. I refuse to splurge on pre fixe restaurant meals where the portions suck and the prices suck worse.

This year is my first Valentines with my live-in gf. We have no nice framed pictures of us right now, so I'm getting a nice frame and getting a good shot or 2 of us to put in there. We have the day off, so I'm going to spend the day with her pretty much doing what she wants (whether it's cleaning/laundry/shopping), then I'll cook us dinner.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap I did not realize VDay is this weekend.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It is on Monday. Better get your crap together. haha

Old 02-07-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok good I have time. Fortunately my wife is cool and does not make a huge deal out of this "holiday". I will still do something nice for her but it isn't like I have to spend an entire paycheck on diamond earrings or something stupid like that.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be nice not to drop any money on a valentines day since... junior year of high school? <3 study abroad programs.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Buc Baller12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Whats everyone doing for v-day this weekend? I dont mean gifts, but what events are you doing ? Trying to think of what to do on top of eating out.
i'm asking somebody out. Thats whats up
Old 02-08-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
good luck, let us know how it goes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
It will be nice not to drop any money on a valentines day since... junior year of high school? <3 study abroad programs.
If you're still with that chick, you should send her a nice card overseas. That alone is a really sweet gesture. If you're not with her, don't do anything.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Terrible idea. Don't make a first date or first ask out related to Valentine's Day. It puts undue pressure on the date itself, and then when you hit a year anniversary, you're screwed with doing double gift duty.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What am I doing on Valentines Day? Going to the bars!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
What am I doing on Valentines Day? Going to the bars!
You're gonna find some classy ladies that night, that's for sure.