Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You see catches like Holmes almost all the time while Tyree's was one of a kind.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tyree catch was in a far more important game. Most Super Bowls lately haven't been that memorable.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go Tyree because well who would have thought he would be the one to make that kind of play in such a crucial moment.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holme's catch: pure skill.

Tyree's catch: pure luck + strength.

I still prefer Tyree's catch cause it's one of those once in a lifetime catches.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Tyree catch was in a far more important game. Most Super Bowls lately haven't been that memorable.
?
The last two SB's have been really close games until the very end, especially the steelers-cards game. Thinkin maybe it just wasnt much to you because your team wasnt there that year (not being a dick, just sayin maybe thats why they didnt seem like great games to you).

But i do agree with what some said above, Holmes' catch isnt particularly rare, it happens occassionally (still very impressive), but Tyree's catch was one of those 'that shouldnt have happened, this didnt just happen' catches and plays.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Holmes catch was better, but when you factor in the entire play with Eli avoiding the sack I think that is a more impressive play. But if were simply considering the catch, I'll take Holmes'.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Holmes' catch was that it was also a perfect throw. It was simply a great combination of skill on behalf of both players.

With Tyree, it was Manning separating from the defender and Tyree managing to keep the ball off the ground. Definitely took some skill, but that was some unorthodox skill. And a bit of luck too.

So Holmes' catch was a perfect corner-of-the-endzone catch. Tyree's catch was completely unpredictable, but amazing nonetheless.

And I don't think it's legitimately possible to say one is more important than the other. Holmes' catch was for the win with less than a minute left with Pittsburgh trailing on 2nd down. Tyree's catch was for a first down with a bit over a minute left on 3rd down. There's no reason to legitimately say one was more important than the other. Both led to the same results, which was a victory for their respective teams.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyree Play was amazing, Manning breaking free and then to top it off Tyree helmet catch you never see something like that.

Cris Carter has done Holmes catch all the time. Find me a catch like Tyree's.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well santonio never got that second foot in so really...
hater

Old 01-31-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Eli's escape was every bit as amazing as the catch at the end of it.

I'd say Holmes is the better catch because it was textbook of how to do it, where as Tyree really did jag his but Tyree's was a better play.

Ironically the throw to Holmes gets forgotten a lot because that throw was absolutely perfect.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very hard, but i have to go with Tyree's helmet catch.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me it's the David Tyree catch.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's funny that it was Tyree that made the Catch. On America's Game they said during the whole week of practice he was dropping everything thrown to him but in the biggest game he make a catch like that.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone say Tyree?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holmes' catch, despite the fact that he never got his second foot down, is better since it didn't need about 47 holding calls to go uncalled for it to happen.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm going to have to go with Greg Jennings scoring the winning TD in Super Bowl XLV for $100, Alex.
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote