Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 12-24-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on my forum mock results as Jags GM???

23. Adrian Clayborn DE/Iowa
74. Travis Lewis LB/Oklahoma
87. John Moffitt OG/Wisconsin
119. Korey Lindsey CB/Southern Illinois
125. Edmund Gates WR/Abilene Christian
128. DJ Williams TE/Arkansas
151. Eugene Clifford S/Tennessee State
155. Cedric Thornton DT/Southern Arkansas

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, all of those players look pretty good. Only problems I have deal with need. But we all know GM Gene doesn't draft need. Clayborn looks good and fills a need, Travis Lewis looks have the skill set to be a pretty good WLB. Moffit got all Big 10 first team for that nasty running game they have at Wisconsin. Korey Lindsey looks like a Nickel back kinda, looks a little slow. Gates looks to be a burner in the mold of Underwood. DJ Williams is a pass catching TE who is build like Zach Miller who is ranked pretty high. Clifford seems to be productive but I haven't seen his triangle numbers. Thornton looks to be a pretty good player with good size, could be a good back up for Knighton.

My quarrels
1. No QB of the future
2. The CB may be a little too slow for our division.
3. Williams may not be necessary.

I say these things based on perceived need and the current roster makeup. If GM Gene thought these were the best players at the time of his drafting them, then I would be all for it.

If this draft panned out like the other 2 drafts so far and we ended up keeping everyone and getting starters out of our first 3 people and good backups out of the rest, the team could have fortified the LB and DL even more, almost making them complete. The interior OL would receive a boost and perhaps we could see the changing of the guard at Center, with Nwaneri moving inside. Lewis could replace Morrison and make the LB's that much faster. Clayborn would go in and rotate with Lane, Kampman, Harvey. Thornton is an intriguing pick too.

Again, I like it on sheer talent/accolades of the players/etc. The needs to really match up super well though. CB, QB, S are the 3 biggest needs and they aren't adequately addressed, but again, BAP all the way.

All Hail GM Gene!

(please excuse all of the rambling I just typed out, I realize its incoherent, but try your best to decipher it)

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few questions for Jags fans, do you expect MJD to play sunday?

Can Del Rio motivate the team to get up for a weak Redskins team after an emotional loss to the colts?

Will Ryan Torain run all over the jags like the awfull donald Brown did?

Thanks for you time and Help.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No.

Yes.

No.

Good day.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
No.

Yes.

No.

Good day.
Thanks man

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care anymore.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think there is anything to say about this game, it was pretty much all aweful and anyone who doesn't think the Jags need to draft a QB in next years draft has lost their mind.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrard out vs. Texans, having surgery on his middle finger.

Trent Edwards bitchezzzz

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Also, MJD, Marcedes Lewis, and Montell Owens to the Pro Bowl. nice.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Both Garrard and Del Rio are back next year, according to Weaver.

**** **** goddamnit. Mediocrity reigns!

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-05-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

First off lets get this straight. I listened to the Wayne Weaver Press conference and I totally agree with him. Del Rio is getting another chance but we also know that Weaver did not want to go out and spend a lot of money on a big name coach and it seems like our coaching wasn't the problem this year. It was the lack of talent in a few big positions on the field. I mean no one is going to predict what we do in Free Agency, last year no one thought we would do anything big but if I remember correctly. We sign Aaron Kampman who was considered one of the top Free Agents last year and we also made a big push at bringing Darren Sharper to Jacksonville and from the rumors we offered him more money than the Saints he just felt he had a better chance of winning in New Orleans... So don't sit here and call us mediocre when people had us projected at winning 3 games this year and we turned out to be a 500 team. People had us projected to be a lot less than mediocre. We have a damn good football team and with Marcedes having what I could only call a break out year and Rashad Jennings looking like a damn good #2 back.

Kampman will be back next year and I feel back to 100% we will only get stronger through Free Agency and the Draft, hopefully grabbing that "Future QB" in the draft that we so desperately need. Also when you draft that "Future QB" it sells tickets so I don't really see our ticket sales as a problem next year.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Tell me what y'all think. Here's my roster break down from a few weeks ago...

http://blackandteal.com/2010/12/09/l...eds/#more-5603

Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

Quote:
Sorry Man but I think CB in the first wouldn’t be the way to go. Mathis and Cox are a pretty good 1 and 2 we need depth and I don’t think you take a 3rd CB in the first round. The people I like in the first round for the Jaguars are Rahim Moore S UCLA, Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa, etc.
Just repeating what I posted on blackandteal

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vic is resigning to go work for the Packers.

I am devastated.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, I saw that. Sucks.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-27-2011, 04:10 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Who?
Vic Ketchman, the Jaguars' team reporter since their inception. He's the best football sportswriter in the country, IMO. He covered the Steelers from 72 until he took the Jacksonville job. He has a ton of football knowledge, especially about the history of the game.

He said he's going to do similar things that he was doing for the Jags - a daily Ask Vic article (where his true genius flourishes - make sure you get the GB fans to start reading it immediately), live in-game blogs, live draft blogs, etc. He starts February 15.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

wonder who will be our writer for Jaguars.com now....

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Probably that Ryan dude.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

I figured I'd post this in here:

2011 Opponents

Home opponents

* Baltimore Ravens
* Cincinnati Bengals
* New Orleans Saints
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers
* San Diego Chargers
* Indianapolis Colts
* Houston Texans
* Tennessee Titans

Away opponents

* Cleveland Browns
* Pittsburgh Steelers
* Atlanta Falcons
* Carolina Panthers
* New York Jets
* Indianapolis Colts
* Houston Texans
* Tennessee Titans

Its gonna be a tough one next year

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

fun draft fact: 7 of the Jaguars 15 draft picks under GM Gene Smith have been from non-FBS schools

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
fun draft fact: 7 of the Jaguars 15 draft picks under GM Gene Smith have been from non-FBS schools
This is what a typical "Ask Ryan" answer will look like.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

Hahaha, that and he'll have question and answer interviews rather than editorials and stories.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Von Miller would fix all of our LB problems with one swift pick....I think if he hits 10-13 range we should not hesitate to make a trade up for him

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 02-03-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
Von Miller would fix all of our LB problems with one swift pick....I think if he hits 10-13 range we should not hesitate to make a trade up for him
Why would that fix both spots? Would you want to resign Morrison?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote