Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-03-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Ok. So I've basically decided Crysis 2 is the best console shooter I've ever played after playing it A LOT. That comes with an asterisk though, as it's only that way when everyone has a good connection and isn't playing like a ******. This is a rare occasion. Lag, buggy hit detection, and questionable autoaim are real issues and might be a deal breaker in the end. But the mechanics and things you can do in this game are so awesome. Sliding on the floor cloaked and lighting someone up with a shotgun is amazing. Air stomping someone from the top of a building is an absolute thrill(Not one that I've ever managed to pull off successfully though haha). It's a really, really great game at the core but there's so many technical issues to wade through. I'm worried about it not being ready for next month. They'll ship it anyway though because it's EA :/

Also; delicious Deus Ex Human Revolution video.
Eh, I'm not sold yet, at least on the multiplayer. I thought it was pretty generic by most standards.

Maybe if I played with someone I knew it'd be better. I imagine sticking with a buddy and cloaking together and such would be pretty fun.

It may also because I don't really like the map they gave us in the beta. I much prefer open maps with a lot of space in them, but the rooftop map feels pretty condensed.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I was against trading in games to gamestop just by principle alone. The value they offer you is ********, it's not even close to fair. I'd rather just keep the game and spend the full amount for a new game or wait. That said, I totally wish I traded in Reach when I got black ops. haha Reach sucks.
I use Goozex.com to trade games and movies.

And I have Shining Force 3 and Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn. SF3 is worth $100+ on eBay and PDS fetches $200.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
seriously? it was just dark. then it was darker. you had to tweak the **** out of your gamma to be able to see most of the details.
I didn't have that problem with that game, but I played it on PC. Doom 3 is awesome. id's games has sucked lately though, hopefully Rage will be good.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I'm not sold yet, at least on the multiplayer. I thought it was pretty generic by most standards.

Maybe if I played with someone I knew it'd be better. I imagine sticking with a buddy and cloaking together and such would be pretty fun.

It may also because I don't really like the map they gave us in the beta. I much prefer open maps with a lot of space in them, but the rooftop map feels pretty condensed.
The map is ****, but compared to other console FPS' the combat and sheer freedom you have with movement is a cut above and something unique.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

Dark Souls trailer, sequel to 2009's Demons Souls. For my fellow mono-console Xbros who didn't get to play Demons Souls, let me go out on a limb and tell you guys this is going to be a great game. Demons Souls was one of the better dungeon crawlers/action RPG's to come out in awhile.
Probably the most difficult game of this console generation.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Probably the most difficult game of this console generation.
I really didn't have as much of a problem with it as everyone else did. Maybe that's because I speced endurance early with all of my characters so I could roll which is the key to this game...but yeah. I even had a fair amount of success in PVP. I played a Blue Blood Swordsmen though, which I didn't know was cheap until I looked on the internet. BBS+Light Weapon+Yurt's Armour and a high luck stat=PVP Domination and an easy game.

Then again, I'm also highly conditioned to grinding given my old RPG background which I don't think a lot of people this console generation are.

Also; Dragon Age II Demo hits on the 22nd of this month. Hope everyone is ready.

AAAAAAND;
Battlefield 3 made the cover of GI next month.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-03-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do any of you guys who play NBA2K quite a bit have any advice on how to run a great team in association mode? I'm not looking for anything super in depth or ground breaking, but it's my first time really getting into an NBA GM mode(not sure why it took me so long to realize 2K is awesome), and I've ran into a few problems.

I also do a fantasy draft with NBA it seems, and I started with my first 3 picks being Lebron, Baron Davis, and Elton Brand. I had to fill out my starters with Tyson Chandler and Jamal Crawford. I was average, about the 7th seed, but as I started to draft a few guys my team really started to look alot better when guys started developing.

I ran into problems first because I guess 1st round picks don't like to sit on the bench much. Some guys want over 35 mins a game, and pretty fast. I like the D league option to keep them happy so I started working with that. Then I was never able to change my coaching or scouts because I had no money to do so, be nice if I knew how to do that earlier.

I'm maybe 5 or so years in and Greg Poppovich was available and ironically after I got him I ended up going 60-22 with a pretty youthful line-up. I have my first 3 guys off the bench being 1st rounders, their pretty good at this point, mid 70 rating, but their getting pissed with 25 mins a game.

I guess I need to look into getting guys who are ok with being role players. I don't know **** about cap room, hard cap, etc so I'm just learning on the fly with those. Maybe if I had Popp earlier on it wouldn't have been a problem.

Also, what do you need to do to earn more Training Camp points at the end of every season? One season I had like 130, another I had 90. I'm also not really certain what the cpu uses to figure out how many points a guy gets better. Is it more stats, age, playing time, will less stats stunt his progression etc.

Because I have been playing 4 guys who want to start all roughly between 20-30 mins in a pretty heavy rotation. It's more then I rotated before, their slightly upset, but were alot more fresh and have been winning. I just kinda figured I'd rather have a few upper 70 level players coming off the bench getting pissed for a few points then a low level 60 player happy to be a bench guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

This guy is just slightly more excited for Skyrim than some of us here are.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was awesome, haha.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get an EASHL team going. It'll be fun. Who's in?

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Crysis 2 Demo is over :( I'm going to miss it at this point. I got my connection straightened out and everything improved.

Soooo much going on in terms of games right now. Going to be a busy couple months and a busy 2011. What I have to say to the game industry about 2011;

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought the black ops map pack and fallout for like 25 bucks. Pretty happy about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Longhorn, the morale feature and to an extent the chemistry is broken in 2k... its a shame because it could be really cool

after countless tries of getting it to work properly, I play association with chemistry off
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive run up on a problem.

My Xbox (ive had since september) just stops me in the middle of games and tells me to clean my disc and that is it unreadable. All my games are scratchless and spotless to this point and I really dont know what to do. I can't play a game for more than five minutes. It makes a funny noise when the game loads.

One thing i noticed is, right before it ends the game, no game sounds can be heard (ie. leveling up in COD) nothing. not even the ice cube commentary.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Ive run up on a problem.

My Xbox (ive had since september) just stops me in the middle of games and tells me to clean my disc and that is it unreadable. All my games are scratchless and spotless to this point and I really dont know what to do. I can't play a game for more than five minutes. It makes a funny noise when the game loads.

One thing i noticed is, right before it ends the game, no game sounds can be heard (ie. leveling up in COD) nothing. not even the ice cube commentary.
My 360 started having this problem a few weeks.Some say tapping in it on the side everyonce in a while might pro long your 360.Or might be your DVD drive going out.If you have enough space try installing the games also helps prolong the 360 as well.I had to that with black ops because the disk had cracked and it still players after I installed!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there anyway to save or recover a corrupted file? More specifically a My Player in 2k11

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats a good way to save a video and get it onto your computer. Trying to get a video from an MLG game I played on Black ops onto the website. Little ******* we played cheated.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Whats a good way to save a video and get it onto your computer. Trying to get a video from an MLG game I played on Black ops onto the website. Little ******* we played cheated.
Theater Mode? Wasn't that one of their things?

I really miss Crysis 2 despite the rocky start I had with it. I have absolutely nothing I'm really interested in playing right now until Dragon Age II comes out next month :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Well I was told you can just upload it on a flash drive and than put it on your computer, but I feel like thats too easy for a microsoft Xbox........

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Well I was told you can just upload it on a flash drive and than put it on your computer, but I feel like thats too easy for a microsoft Xbox........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm-hc3mdYCE

Without watching it due to annoying teenage voices, does that help?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yes it does my fellow Pats fan. Thank you.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good info, I've always wanted to know. Jvig do they let you record your entire game? I do Domination alot and it says it's too big of a file, I haven't figured out how to do the whole match though.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Battlefield 3 screen shots....

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-07-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My xbox live just went down....
Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF3 is gonna be epic! Can't wait.