Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hibbert is positioning himself as a top 25 pick, Jeff Green is closing in on a possible top 5 pick but lottery lock. Tyler Hansborough showed why he won't be effective in the NBA while Brandon Wright will still probably declare and be a top 5 pick but has work to do. Ty Lawson shut out any chance of him declaring this year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jeff Green > Cory Brewer, IMO.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
BG is officially on my good list tonight after that game winner.
Oh my could there finally be peace between Chi Town fans around here? Actually it's prolly cause I haven't seen Hinch around in a while.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Al Horford.
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Jeff Green > Cory Brewer, IMO.
haha lol that's obvious, I don't like Brewer at all. Can't really score, and is really slight. Green is 2nd best SF after Durant.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow..Kobe's part god!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think Oden will pass Dwight Howard's level, or is Howard what Oden hopes to be? I really like Dwight Howard, and I think he is the best C in the NBA.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Do you guys think Oden will pass Dwight Howard's level, or is Howard what Oden hopes to be? I really like Dwight Howard, and I think he is the best C in the NBA.
Eh, I don't think Oden possesses the skillset that Howard has.

DHVF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
isn't he a PF?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Oh my could there finally be peace between Chi Town fans around here? Actually it's prolly cause I haven't seen Hinch around in a while.

oh im here, just a bit under the weather...but ill be back in full form soon...haha...anyways i never had any problems with any one, i just speak my own opinions and if i get talked trash too than i can defend myself....and i had to watch the box score on espn for the bulls game so i couldnt see it since they took it off tv, which sucked cause i would have liked to see ben gordon do what he does best and why he is necessary for this team to succeed
Old 03-25-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out the sweet ass block Tayshaun Prince got on David Noel today. He went up for a dunk, Tayshaun went up and pinned it against the Backboard, Noel fell on his ass and looked like a fool.. Classic!

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Sorry to burst the Kobe bubble but you realize he is averaging 35 shot attempts against the worst defenses in the league. So until he wins a championship without Shaq just shut up people!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Sorry to burst the Kobe bubble but you realize he is averaging 35 shot attempts against the worst defenses in the league. So until he wins a championship without Shaq just shut up people!
Wow, you really proved to us that Kobe sucks. Thank you for that.

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I guess those 3 rings just weren't enough since he was playing with Shaq. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league and has been for quite some time. Other than Jordan, I don't know if there's a player that is clearly ahead of him all-time.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe Bryant's 50-point streak is over. But the Los Angeles Lakers' season-high winning streak lives on. Bryant scored 17 points in the first nine minutes Sunday night, but cooled off after that and finished with 43 in the Lakers' fifth straight victory, a 115-113 triumph over the Golden State Warriors.
Geez, Kobe only scored 43. Come on, guy.

:)
Old 03-26-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I guess those 3 rings just weren't enough since he was playing with Shaq. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league and has been for quite some time. Other than Jordan, I don't know if there's a player that is clearly ahead of him all-time.

^The best player in the league ever since Shaq got old. And there are a ton of players who are clearly ahead of him all time.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:32 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Duncan a better player than Kobe? Obviously he's had a better team, but I don't see what makes him a better player.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
How is Duncan a better player than Kobe? Obviously he's had a better team, but I don't see what makes him a better player.
His championship teams (excluding the first one) were not nearly as talented as Kobe's championship Laker teams. Duncan is the much better defender (easily top three, if not the best defender in the NBA), obviously a much better rebounder, and a better leader (Duncan won rings without his right hand man, unlike Kobe). The only thing that Kobe can do better is score. He also has more MVPs, and he's the greatest PF of all time. Sounds like the best player in the league to me.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
His championship teams (excluding the first one) were not nearly as talented as Kobe's championship Laker teams. Duncan is the much better defender (easily top three, if not the best defender in the NBA), obviously a much better rebounder, and a better leader (Duncan won rings without his right hand man, unlike Kobe). The only thing that Kobe can do better is score. He also has more MVPs, and he's the greatest PF of all time. Sounds like the best player in the league to me.
Those are your opinions, so of course they sound better to you.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
You're clearly insanely biased if you think Duncan is better than Kobe. I can't even begin to comprehend that argument. I thought somebody would make the argument for Steve Nash or somebody who is even in the realm of possibility. Duncan is a great postman but he is not in Kobe's league.

Kobe is:
-The best scorer in the league (best perimeter scorer of all-time, best scorer of all-time?)
-One of the top perimeter defenders in the NBA
-Great passer, very underrated at this

The only player in the history of the NBA who I think you can clearly put above of Kobe Bryant is Michael Jordan.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kobe is amazing. Today, he had 0 assists against the Warriors. I can honestly say I'm amazed that, for as much as Kobe handles the ball, he was able to go an entire game with out (even incidentally) managing a single assist. That might be more impressive then scoring 50+ points.

You can tell from the highlights all he cares about is scoring. I see him on a fast break and he takes multiple defenders 1-on-2 or 1-on-3 when he could easily dish off to a teammate for an easy bucket. But not Kobe.

Kobe is maybe the most talented player in the league. But he is not the best nor the most valuable. He doesn't make guys around him better. He is not a good team player (boycotting shooting in 2nd half of game 7 last yr). His team will do no better than the 6th seed, he is not the MVP.

Anyone bring up Kobe in the same sentence as Michael Jordan should be embarrassed.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

he's not the most valuable? how can you say this...without him scoring 40+ points a game they would not be on the best winning streak they've had all year...if anything he's the most valuable...the Lakers are in desperation mode...they were on a seven game losing streak before Kobe said "stop the ********..."

Of course you can tell from the highlights that he wants to score...Phil Jackson has given him the green light to be ruthless and score as many points as possible...even Phil knows that when kobe scores 40+, they win...

Kobe doesn't need assists when Luke Walton and Lamar Odom are playing full steam...they are the people who take the pressure off of Kobe...If you don't think that Kobe is in the same light as Michael Jordan you should be embarrassed to even say you watch basketball...he's the greatest of our era and you should recognize this...

plus for anyone who says that Kobe needs to win a ring without Shaq....same goes for Dwayne Wade...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
isn't he a PF?
No, I'm pretty sure Howard is a center.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
If the C's get Oden or Durant they could actually be in pretty nice shape for the future (after Pierce). With Durant they could go a smallish lineup:

Jefferson
Durant
Gomes
Green
Rondo

?? did you just put durant at PF??
Old 03-26-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Kobe is amazing. Today, he had 0 assists against the Warriors. I can honestly say I'm amazed that, for as much as Kobe handles the ball, he was able to go an entire game with out (even incidentally) managing a single assist. That might be more impressive then scoring 50+ points.

You can tell from the highlights all he cares about is scoring. I see him on a fast break and he takes multiple defenders 1-on-2 or 1-on-3 when he could easily dish off to a teammate for an easy bucket. But not Kobe.

Kobe is maybe the most talented player in the league. But he is not the best nor the most valuable. He doesn't make guys around him better. He is not a good team player (boycotting shooting in 2nd half of game 7 last yr). His team will do no better than the 6th seed, he is not the MVP.

Anyone bring up Kobe in the same sentence as Michael Jordan should be embarrassed.
Last night he was going for 50, and so were his teammates(at times forced the ball to Kobe). You would have seen that if you would have seen the game besides look at the stat sheet and a couple highlights. He is the best player in the league, but not the MVP...because the MVP depends a lot on the team surrounding you.