Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game industry is really beating me up. Beyond Good and Evil HD and Torchlight also released on Xbox Live Arcade in March :/ Too many games.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im ready for BF3 I have black ops but only for zombies hate the multiplayer deathmatch etc stuff, love it on BF though
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little late to the party...but Dead Space 2 was/is amazing. Absolutely amazing...that is. I loved every second of it. The game is damn near brilliant. The gameplay, atmosphere, level design, voice acting. It's all top notch. It's a big ole blockbuster, money well spent. It has already secured a spot amongst my favorite games.

My only complaint...is that they changed Nicole's appearance/voice. Gah, she was so unattractive in the sequel and just seemed too old. She annoyed me the entire game with her screaming into a megaphone the entire game as well. But other than that...it's an exceptional game. I already beat it twice. So much fun.

As for the recent demos...

I didnt care for Bulletstorm, got bored pretty quickly. And Crysis 2 just felt like any other generic online shooter to me, I thought it was rather tedious. But then again, I'm really not into online tactical shooters at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to go back through it on Zealot but then the Crysis 2 beta distracted me and I never really went back. I agree though, it was a really great game. The one thing I didn't really like about it was that some of the environments ran into each other a bit this time around for me. That's sort of ironic given that the first Dead Space literally had no variance in environments....but just a little bit more time outside would have been nice. Maybe multiple paths to things as well. Felt like you were on rails just a tiny bit, but only if you really tried to notice.

But yeah, I really like Isaac's character. I was nervous about them sort of screwing up the story by adding in a voice and such, but it really helped it a ton actually. Good decision there and it really helped open up the plot and let the Nicole stuff happen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wish they didnt change Nicole's appearance. No idea why they decided to do that. It's like casting a new actor for a sequel. Just annoyed me. Could have just changed the voice and kept the appearance intact.

Other than that...I couldnt really find a problem with the game. They def. did a much better job in varying the level design. While I loved Dead Space, it certainly could have been constructed better...the trams could get a little boring. That said, revisiting the Ishimura in Chapter 10, made me feel all giddy inside. Hell of a moment. I wasnt expecting it at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-08-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that was very cool. I wasn't expecting that one either. The stuff you did to get by stuff in Dead Space 2 was pretty cool even. Those big moments were really sweet.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think it's safe to say we're pretty much saying that sir.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You can liken Dead Space 2's growth/improvement to that of Assassins Creed 2. Dead Space 2 is much more grandiose, chalk full of engrossing atmosphere, an engaging story, and blockbuster action. Oh yes. haha.

I think it's better than any Resident Evil game I've ever played.

As for the original...you should def. give it another go. It's a great game and the nostalgic payoff in the sequel is fantastic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As for something else...I'm getting really excited for Dragon Age 2 and L.A. Noire. Pre-ordered both not too long ago. Both are bound to be big hits.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm pumped for Dragon Age II. I've got my pre-order ready to go and may even try to get into a midnight release if there's one around my area. The Dead Space 2 DLC for it looks sweet. Really looking forward to the demo later this month.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** MOTH is back!

Also had an epic night tonight. Had to disassemble my Guitar Hero guitar and clean the inside since it was not working. All sticky because I spilled vodka and orange juice on it one morning. But now, works like a charm. Playing Freebird never felt so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

M.O.T.H this thread needs more Mass Effect 3 praise. I am also really looking forward to Dragon Age 2 btw.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dont get me started on Mass Effect 3. I'll probably disappear for a few more months when it's released.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'll probably be gone for a few months before myself. I have so many "Perfect" files to create and now I have to go through both games instead of just one haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just created a simulating association in NBA 2K11. Been having a lot of fun with it so far. I always edit my roster in the beginning, so I suck the first year and get a top lottery pick. Only have a few "keepers" on my team. Then I build it up from there...and expect progression every year. I've seen more progression then I expected after year two, though. Pretty sweet. I finished 41-41, a 7th seed with the Nets. Finished a league worst, 20-62 my first year. My team is still only a 68 overall, which I'm sure is the worst in the league. Guess that means my coaching game plan is just that bad ass. :D :P

But yeah, here's my team rotation for year 2.

PG Patrick Mills (11 PPG, 5 APG)
SG Courtney Lee (19.4 PPG, 1.5 SPG)
SF Reggie Williams (14 PPG, 4.7 RPG)
PF Tyler Hansbrough (18.4 PPG, 8 RPG)
C Greg Monroe (12 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 1.6 BPG)

PG Keyon Dooling (7.4 PPG, 3.7 APG)
SG Kelenna Azubuike (5.1 PPG, 1.8 RPG)
SF Thabo Sefolosha (2.5 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.5 SPG)
SF Earl Clark (9.1 PPG, 4.2 RPG)
PF Kris Humphries (3.1 PPG, 2.1 RPG)
C Dwayne Jones (2.0 PPG, 2.4 RPG)
C Joel Pryzbilla (plays like two minutes per)

In year one, I traded for Courtney Lee at the deadline and he just beasted from there. I still ended up getting the 1st overall pick, though. I didnt like the draft, however, and ended up trading that, the Rockets 1st rounder, and a future 1st to the Pistons for Greg Monroe. Price was insanely steep, but they made trading harder this year. Worked out well for me, though. I then extended a qualifying offer to Reggie Williams, which I ended up getting him for. Less than a million. Then I signed Patty Mills, Azubuike, Humphries, and Pryz via FA. Tweaked the game plan to better suit the new guys and now I'm a playoff team. hizzzah!

I dont think I'm going to re-sign Reggie Williams next year. Earl Clark is a beast in this game, with good potential. He's putting up big numbers in 18 MPG. Up to a 71 overall already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly it is a sign you should revive the 2K Sim League!

Also, if you want to play some team up/versus at some point just let me know. I love playing team up, even if it's just vs the CPU. Commie, JBond and some others occasionally do it from time to time and enjoy it.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I havent actually played it in a while. But yeah, MY PLAYER, is a stud PF. An 89 overall I believe. Havent tested him out online yet.

As for the sim league...I do miss doing it from time to time. But there was sooooo much work involved. I cant see myself finding the time to do one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hansbrough? 18/8? clearly the nba 2k11 simulation is broken.
HA!

He's a god when simulating for some reason.

edit...know what else is funny? I'm just looking at a few things right now. Adam Morrison... A- potential. Jesus. I'm picking his ass up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I havent actually played it in a while. But yeah, MY PLAYER, is a stud PF. An 89 overall I believe. Havent tested him out online yet.

As for the sim league...I do miss doing it from time to time. But there was sooooo much work involved. I cant see myself finding the time to do one.
Is there anyway to pass the save file? If so I'm sure myself and others could share the workload if it was possible.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Not too sure...something to look into, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just finished another off-season.

Let Reggie Williams go, now starting Earl Clark.

Picked up Goran Dragic, Jason Maxiell, Ronnie Turiaf, and Adam Morrison. Let Dooling walk.

Went from a 68 overall up to a 72. lol. Probably still worst in the league by far.

As for something not M.O.T.H.'s season related. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-09-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I sort of thought they would include more classes since they did away with races. Sort of disappointing, but I'm sure they'll be sub-classes and such.

LA Noire looks incredible. I really am not a big fan of Rockstar. Never really enjoyed GTA and didn't have any interest in Red Dead Redemption. That game really looks like it takes it to the next level though. The way you interact with people has me piqued my interests the most along with the stunning way the faces moves. The graphics besides that are pretty bland, but the environments look nice at least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is there any news whatsoever on next gen consoles? Gears of War and Halo and such are getting pretty close to their limit on current technology. Usually it's like a 5-6 year cycle and it's getting around that time. I thought this gen would last longer, like 7-8 years maybe, but I have heard absolutely nothing, and no that Kinect garbage doesn't count.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I can't speak for Sony 100%, but I think I have a really good handle on Microsoft's business plan at the moment.

-They know that the technology has peaked. You really aren't going to get much more out of the 360 hardware without being really clever. Some things you can do, but at this point it's really on it's last legs. It's 6 years old now and really wasn't that impressive from the start either.

-They've extended the financial viability of the 360 longer with the release of the Kinect opening up to the casual, Wii crowd.

-They're likely working on stuff behind the scenes right now on a next gen console, but probably will not announce it for at least another year.

They really have to tread carefully as not to release a second Dreamcast. The dynamics are different, but they lost the technology battle this console generation for launching early. I don't think that's what they wanted. Part of the marketing strategy for the original Xbox and one of the draws was perceived upgrade over the Playstation 2 and Gamecube hardware wise. They stressed that that was important at the time, so I would expect them wait it out a bit more even if it's time for a new console so they aren't playing little brother to the next Sony system again in terms of power.

Speaking of pushing hardware to limits; New Crysis Multiplayer trailer. Looks like they've improved quite a few things since the demo and the maps look nice.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-10-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go ahead and get NBA2K11 when the price drops a bit, because for how much I get to play and watch basketball I enjoy the hell out of my 2k10 association, especially since I get deep in before I start to play too many games so it'll be a ton of drafted players on my team.

Love that game, hopefully the MJ mode is worth it and the association mode has some upgrades.

On topic of demo's, the new Fight Night career/story mode looks revolutionary. I don't want to get excited off of just a trailer because it can easily inflate things but I've never seen a boxing game taken to those heights of what looks like a pretty interactive story outside of the ring.

Also the fighting engine has changed, much more fluid and quick. They did a complete rehaul and I'm loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote