Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-22-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melvins killed it last night, they played Bullhead in it's entirety and finished up with Boris, which was ******* epic!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah, that sounds awesome.

IT'S LIKE SINNNNN

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

greatest cover ever, it takes great band like Tool to cover another great like Led Zeppelin

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First single from Tommy Rodgers new album

and finally

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New single "C'est La Vie" from Protest the Hero's upcoming album Scurrilous streaming on their Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/protestthehero

Inserting my opinion: I like it...not particularly heavy, but kinda catchy. Protest the Hero is very good at mixing technical metal with post-hardcore flavor, and this song shows that off pretty well.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:

Last edited by The Unseen : 02-03-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatness.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/Mastodon

Live CD/DVD from mastodon. March 15. Book it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, that should be tight.

Also, Brann Dailor has called the album so far sounding like Super Heavy Led Zeppelin, and is so far sounding nothing at all like they intended when they went in to write it.” And Bill Kelliher said that they are using some leftover riffs of stuff that didn't make it into Blood Mountain.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh the lineup of songs in that cd isn't the most impressive they could have done. And Buckethead is the man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/Mastodon

Live CD/DVD from mastodon. March 15. Book it.
I'm definitely not buying that. I was not a fan at all of Crack The Skye

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god damn shame sir, Crack The Skye is amazing

Old 02-08-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
god damn shame sir, Crack The Skye is amazing
Leviathan and Blood Mountain were awesome. CTS was just not very good outside of the 1st song

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-08-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

which is honestly prob the worst song on the album

Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crack the skye is easily theyre worst album. And thats basically all thats on that live cd. I will not be wasting my money on that.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

1. They did the entirety of CTS on that tour (with Dethklok), and so actually didn't have time to do more other singles. I saw them on that tour, and then on a later tour with BTBAM. On the later tour, they headlined and played all of CTS along with like three or four more singles from other albums, and honestly better ones that the ones they did for the DVD. So maybe they should have filmed this later? Iunno. But the point is that they probably wanted a DVD of themselves playing the entirety of CTS because it was unique for them to play an entire album on a tour.

2. I will agree that CTS is probably their worst album (that or Remission), but I still really like it. It was really gateway into Mastodon and basically all of metal too, at least good metal (I started out like all others on the Metallica/SOAD bend. Yes jvig, SOAD isn't metal. sorry.)

3. I'm not gonna buy it either.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I have never stated System was metal, they fall into a category of Bands I hate in Nu metal. Doesn't diminish my love for them as musicians, despite mostly listening to metal. I'm not someone who gets down on Bands for not being metal any longer, hell I now listen to classical almost non stop.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Fair point. I'm saying my tastes got more metal, and that means excluding bands who weren't metal enough.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Haha all my friends are like that. I went along doing that as well, Ive learned its much more enjoyable to appreciate music for what it is rather than how hard it sounds or technical it is. And while I do love the latter, I just have come to peace with the fact that not everything has to be like that to be enjoyable. Which is why I love the Orbs cd, even tho most other music with a similar sound to that cd doesn't interest me at all, and why I will always love system. Serjs voice mmmmmmmmm :)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Actually my boner for technicality has waned of late, I've been listening to hardcore/metallic hardcore/metalcore alot lately. Well, that's actually not completely true - bands like Converge and especially The Dillinger Escape Plan are pretty technical, but I'm thinking more prog metal. Sometime prog gets a little too out of hand for me.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys need to dive Head First into black metal and never return!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I can never be a true metal head I like melodies too much

Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I can never be a true metal head I like melodies too much
Then you'd love Power Metal. Or at least some bands in the genre.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I listen to my fair share of black metal, although most of it is sort of melodic/black metal I guess which doesn't all count. I'm just tired of thinking technical = good because there are some amazingly technical Bands my friends talk non stop about that just sound like **** no matter what way you put it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Black Metal is the hole on my metal resume. I don't really like it. It's not heavy enough for me, honestly.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does this belong here? I don't care. I found this cd and it has been my gym music for the past week or so
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote