Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
You're clearly insanely biased if you think Duncan is better than Kobe. I can't even begin to comprehend that argument. I thought somebody would make the argument for Steve Nash or somebody who is even in the realm of possibility. Duncan is a great postman but he is not in Kobe's league.

Kobe is:
-The best scorer in the league (best perimeter scorer of all-time, best scorer of all-time?)
-One of the top perimeter defenders in the NBA
-Great passer, very underrated at this

The only player in the history of the NBA who I think you can clearly put above of Kobe Bryant is Michael Jordan.
How many assists did he have last night hmm oh wait NONE!!! and 7 turnovers
LOLOL
Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch yesterday's game, but Kobe never passed the ball to his teammates at all? Because having no assists doesn't mean he never passed the ball, his teammates could have missed their shots.

If anything, Kobe's amazing level of play has increased the quality of shot selection of the team imo.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I didn't watch yesterday's game, but Kobe never passed the ball to his teammates at all? Because having no assists doesn't mean he never passed the ball, his teammates could have missed their shots.

If anything, Kobe's amazing level of play has increased the quality of shot selection of the team imo.
115 points for the team as a whole...............
SOMEONE ELSE WAS MAKING SHOTS!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Where was all the "Kobe for MVP!!!111111" talk when the Lakers were enduring both a 6-game and a 7-game losing streak? Oh yah, you couldn't, because instead the talk was about Phil Jackson quitting.

Anyways, I hope Kobe scores 50 every game rest of the season. He won't be able to carry his team to wins in the playoffs. And then he won't know what to do because he doesn't know how to make his teammates better without shooting 40 times a game. He will probably end his season like last years, boycotting shooting like a little kid.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

That would be the case normally, but last night they were forcing the ball to Kobe, it was kind of comical. But yes, Kobe taking 35 shots a game is a better option than Smush and Kwame.

Earlier in the season, when things were going great, with Odom and Luke completely healthy...Kobe was taking less shots, scoring less and passing a lot more, the team as a whole was scoring a ton. Then Luke and Odom go down for significant time(just barely getting back), he tires to continue the same gameplan of more passing, but it just wasn't working...he NEEDS to take a lot of shots for the Lakers to even have a chance.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Where was all the "Kobe for MVP!!!111111" talk when the Lakers were enduring both a 6-game and a 7-game losing streak? Oh yah, you couldn't, because instead the talk was about Phil Jackson quitting.
Starting line up during those losing streaks:

PG: Smush Parker
SG: Kobe/Maurice Evans
SF: Evans/Kobe
PF: Brian Cook
C: Ronny Turiaf/Andrew Bynum

Edit: I forgot about Radmanovic, he started some...until he thought it would be cool to go snowboarding during the all star break and separate a shoulder.

Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan : 03-26-2007 at 01:43 PM.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
How many assists did he have last night hmm oh wait NONE!!! and 7 turnovers
LOLOL
Wow, one game. He's averaging 5.4 assissts per game this season. Check Duncan's stats pal. LeBron James, who is widely regarded as one of the great passers for his position is only averaging 6 assists per game.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just when you thought he couldn't get any weirder Ron Artest reportedly wants to play a year or two overseas to get away from all the media attention.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
You're clearly insanely biased if you think Duncan is better than Kobe. I can't even begin to comprehend that argument. I thought somebody would make the argument for Steve Nash or somebody who is even in the realm of possibility. Duncan is a great postman but he is not in Kobe's league.

Kobe is:
-The best scorer in the league (best perimeter scorer of all-time, best scorer of all-time?)
-One of the top perimeter defenders in the NBA
-Great passer, very underrated at this

The only player in the history of the NBA who I think you can clearly put above of Kobe Bryant is Michael Jordan.
I hate the Spurs, and I'm a huge Suns fan. If I thought that there could be any legitimate argument to say that Steve Nash is the best player in the league, trust me, I'd be all over that. Kobe is the second best player in the league right now, I'd hardly call that haterism. Duncan however is a better leader and infinitely better defensively. He's brutally efficient and you can almost always count on him for 20/10 a game while shooting over 50%.

Kobe definitely is the best all around scorer playing right now, but Steve Nash is a better perimeter scorer (was shooting almost 50% from three before he messed up his shoulder).

He's a good defender, but guys like Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, etc. are better defenders.

Definitely underrated in this, I completely agree with you. The whole "Kobe is selfish" thing is completely overplayed.

Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Kareem, Magic Johnson, Oscar Roberston, Wilt Chamerblain, Bill Russell, Michael Jordan, etc. are all better players all time than Kobe is.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ya'll are fu*kin crazy. Oden will own Howard and become the next Olajuwon

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Last edited by Big Mike : 03-26-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
?? did you just put durant at PF??
durant has the tebounding ability to play pf, but not the weight

Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard is much more athletic than Oden at this point. Howard has C, PF, and some SF skills in a 7' body. Oden is very agile for a big man, but he doesn't have the quickness and leaping ability that Howard does. They're 2 different players. I think Oden could limit Howard, and vice-versa, but both will be excellent in the NBA.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
ya'll are fu*kin crazy. Oden will own Howard and become the next olajuwon
What a Shame the misinformed youth with no respect to the legends.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Howard is much more athletic than Oden at this point. Howard has C, PF, and some SF skills in a 7' body. Oden is very agile for a big man, but he doesn't have the quickness and leaping ability that Howard does. They're 2 different players. I think Oden could limit Howard, and vice-versa, but both will be excellent in the NBA.
you said that well but i think Oden has the potential to average 25pts and 12 rebounds while Howard will always be a 17pt. and 12 rebound type person.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
What a Shame the misinformed youth with no respect to the legends.
what disrespect...the accidental uncaptalized O on Olajuwon?. i shall edit that right now.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you said that well but i think Oden has the potential to average 25pts and 12 rebounds while Howard will always be a 17pt. and 12 rebound type person.
It is hard for me to buttonhole Howard into a 17/12 career when he's only 20 years old. He's still learning the game, and he will continue to get better. He is very athletically gifted, and with some more time, he will develop further.

Oden hasn't averaged 25/12 in college. You can make the excuse about the wrist, but he disappears during games and isn't always dominant as an offensive player. His defense is almost always superb. I can't say that an 18/19 year old Oden, who we haven't seen play at 100% since HS, would be any better in the pros than Howard, who has done it for 2+ seasons.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It is hard for me to buttonhole Howard into a 17/12 career when he's only 20 years old. He's still learning the game, and he will continue to get better. He is very athletically gifted, and with some more time, he will develop further.

Oden hasn't averaged 25/12 in college. You can make the excuse about the wrist, but he disappears during games and isn't always dominant as an offensive player. His defense is almost always superb. I can't say that an 18/19 year old Oden, who we haven't seen play at 100% since HS, would be any better in the pros than Howard, who has done it for 2+ seasons.
Agreed. We'll have to wait for about another 5 years to see who's going to be better.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
Agreed. We'll have to wait for about another 5 years to see who's going to be better.
I think Howard is at the point where his offensive game is leaps and bounds better than Oden and he'll be a better pro in the end.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

For anyone who was reading them sorry but I stopped my long mocks as the draft order is changing too much that plus I'm a little pissed off cause I had this huge writeup and accidentally closed the page and loss it all and didn't feel like writing it up again. Just if you are curious I had Derrick Byars going #10 overall as he is one of my favorite players in the draft, very pro ready to contribute at 3 different positions, he is way underrated as most view him as a late round 1 prospect but I see him eventually as a lottery pick.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
For anyone who was reading them sorry but I stopped my long mocks as the draft order is changing too much that plus I'm a little pissed off cause I had this huge writeup and accidentally closed the page and loss it all and didn't feel like writing it up again. Just if you are curious I had Derrick Byars going #10 overall as he is one of my favorite players in the draft, very pro ready to contribute at 3 different positions, he is way underrated as most view him as a late round 1 prospect but I see him eventually as a lottery pick.
I agree; Byars is so intriguing as a pro prospect and I see him having a very bright future at the next level

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally, i believe that Zabian dowdell should go around 25-35, yet ive heard no hype surrounding him anywhere on the internet. WHat do you guys think?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikey10 View Post
Personally, i believe that Zabian dowdell should go around 25-35, yet ive heard no hype surrounding him anywhere on the internet. WHat do you guys think?
No way first off I will say I love DC local sports so I love Vatech and Dowdell but being a fan of the draft and scouting basketball players I must say at best Dowdell is a mid-late 2nd rounder but most likely will go undrafted, Jamon Gordon is a much better prospect and will probably be drafted. First off Dowdell doesn't have great size and has a weak NBA body. 2nd off he is far too left hand dominant and while he can force his way in college it won't happen in the NBA. 2nd his point guard skills and ability to find teammates isn't great combine that with his inconsistent shooting I just can't see him being drafted. Gordon on the other hand while undersized and also facing the same offensive woes could be drafted as a defensive role player.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
What make you say that Howard has more offensive potential than Howard? How do you not see Howard improving?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Garbo just snapped his ankle. I hope that's not the end of his career...

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone one in this draft compare to Elton Brand?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote