Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-13-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If Jones comes back, I'd imagine it would be in 2013. I don't see him playing this year. Let's all hope that he makes a healthy recovery though. I'm definitely rooting for him.

Im in the minority that wants to keep Jacobs. I honestly rather have Jacobs than Bradshaw.

Sucks that we didn't go after Blount. The guy is like a younger Jacobs, but better.
From what I heard Jones is at least 3 years from playing in a game, maybe even 4.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Jones comes back, I'd imagine it would be in 2013. I don't see him playing this year. Let's all hope that he makes a healthy recovery though. I'm definitely rooting for him.

Im in the minority that wants to keep Jacobs. I honestly rather have Jacobs than Bradshaw.

Sucks that we didn't go after Blount. The guy is like a younger Jacobs, but better.
Eh, I'd rather have Bradshaw to be honest. I think he still has a lot left in the tank where as Jacobs I'm not so sure about. Regardless of who we keep or let go, I think it's obvious they need a guy to split carries with. Jacobs gets too banged up and worn out if he doesn't have a guy to share significant carries with and Bradshaw also gets nicked up and may have fumbling issues.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jacobs but I'd much rather have Bradshaw over him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Booooooo BBD! Boooooooooooooooo I say!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, what can I say? I'm just a big Jacobs fan. I love how he softens up the defense, brings a physical mentality to our offense, and how he's almost like an extra linemen on passing plays.

I feel like Bradshaw is more replacable than Jacobs. Jacobs isn't washed up either, he had a great year. He looked fast and physical too.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, what can I say? I'm just a big Jacobs fan. I love how he softens up the defense, brings a physical mentality to our offense, and how he's almost like an extra linemen on passing plays.

I feel like Bradshaw is more replacable than Jacobs. Jacobs isn't washed up either, he had a great year. He looked fast and physical too.
He isn't washed up but he's getting pretty close to 30 which is a death sentence for a lot of RB's. The problem with Jacobs is I don't think he can ever be a starting, primary RB. He just takes too much abuse when guys are constantly trying to tackle him below the waist. I think he only had his success because Bradshaw was taking the majority of the punishment as the starter.

That said, I think Bradshaw may not be suited to be a primary, starting RB, unless he can get his fumbles under control. Still, he's much younger than Jacobs and if we bring in another back via the draft or free agency I would be more confident in him being able to take a the majority of the carries than I would in Jacobs. That's what it comes down to.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like a RB in the draft. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind if we got rid of both of em.

I just hate investing money in RBs. It's not worth it. I say let Bradshaw walk, keep Jacobs for a year more or so while the rookie RB learns how to pass protect, then dump Jacobs when he hits 30 and draft his replacement the following year.

I don't want us to get tied up to a RB long term who is fumble prone, will require a pretty decent contract, and is 190 lbs soaking wet and has had just as much of an injury history as Jacobs.

I like Bradshaw, but truth be told, he's replacable.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, I'm not a huge Bradshaw fan, but if I had to choose between one or the other I'd take Bradshaw as long as his contract demands weren't absurd.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Reese went with Ingram in the first, even though I do think we have other priorities. If Carimi goes off the board and we're not in love with Solder/Castonzo I could see us going the Ingram route.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like Ingram a lot. I like Murray too. But I like Ingram more.

I have no idea what we do this year. Just like last year, we can go in so many directions. I just want a good player. I say go BPA minus the DE and QB position each round and just call it a day.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That softens up the defense is debatable. That's assuming he can get the blocks, otherwise he goes no where, except back behind the LOS. He needs the OL to be decent, otherwise he is a god awful to watch. And let's see, for argument sake, he does soften the defense, in that process he gets broken too. He is MUCH more replaceable than Bradshaw, who at one point, led the NFL in rushing. Mind you he was doing this with zero blocking, making something out of nothing. Jacobs meanwhile was a mess to watch.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
That softens up the defense is debatable. That's assuming he can get the blocks, otherwise he goes no where, except back behind the LOS. He needs the OL to be decent, otherwise he is a god awful to watch. And let's see, for argument sake, he does soften the defense, in that process he gets broken too. He is MUCH more replaceable than Bradshaw, who at one point, led the NFL in rushing. Mind you he was doing this with zero blocking, making something out of nothing. Jacobs meanwhile was a mess to watch.

Bradshaw has become overrated by us. He's 190 lbs soaking wet, he's not a great pass protector (all he does is cut block), he's not great catching the ball and running patterns, he doesn't have elite top end speed, and he's fumble prone.

And he dances too much in the backfield.

I'm not saying he's bad, he's solid. But he's not THAT great. He's a tough little guy who does everything well, nothing great. I don't mind us keeping him, as long as we don't break the bank for him.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Bradshaw has become overrated by us. He's 190 lbs soaking wet, he's not a great pass protector (all he does is cut block), he's not great catching the ball and running patterns, he doesn't have elite top end speed, and he's fumble prone.

And he dances too much in the backfield.

I'm not saying he's bad, he's solid. But he's not THAT great. He's a tough little guy who does everything well, nothing great. I don't mind us keeping him, as long as we don't break the bank for him.
Not even close to be over rated. Our fans still don't realize how good of a back Bradshaw is. Yeah I recognize the injury prone fact, and now the fumble issue, but at the end of the day. He has power, agility, vision, and explosive ability. He has good hands, and can create something out of nothing..

That is NOT over rated talent. That's just plain sick, especially at the age of 24 years old. Jacobs is a product of the offensive line! When the blocking is not there Bradshaw can still thrive, while Jacobs gets his large body tackled for a loss in the backfield. Jacobs is not a good back by any stretch. He needs that god like offense line for him to be a good starter. If not, he needs Bradshaw to "loosen" the defense up, before he comes in before he can run and get his yards.

Now, I can agree I won't break the bank for him. even I realize that fact, however, i'd be mad we broke the bank for Jacobs and not Bradshaw. I wasn't in favor of giving Jacobs an extension even though I know we would.

Bradshaw plays with heart and through injury, while jacobs can't even play through that. And Bradshaw keeps his mouth shut. Even you add all the pros and cons, Jacobs wishes he was close to Bradshaw. Bradshaw is a much superior back and he doesn't need the OL to set the table for him.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why'd we get a new thread?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just hate contracts to RBs. 90% of the time, you overpay and the returns aren't worth it.

Especially when the RB we're discussing is 190 lbs, and has an injury history and fumbling issues.

He's part of a RBC, he can never be a 300 carry a season guy over the course of several seasons. Do we really want to pay for that?

This is going to come off as me hating Bradshaw, and I don't hate him, don't get me wrong, he just really rubbed me the wrong way with his fumbling issues.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 02-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
There was a problem with the board about a week ago and when they got it back running the old thread was gone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-17-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The fumbling issues were a problem but he did have a broken wrist when most of those occurred so maybe it'll be better this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The football gods are mad at BBD! : P

Not sure, even I was surprised about this.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Old one magically disappeared. We don't know why. I asked Shane if we could get it back but he couldn't recover it, I had to start up a new one.

So here it is.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old one magically disappeared. We don't know why. I asked Shane if we could get it back but he couldn't recover it, I had to start up a new one.

So here it is.
I bet you Cowboys fans were behind that.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I just hate contracts to RBs. 90% of the time, you overpay and the returns aren't worth it.

Especially when the RB we're discussing is 190 lbs, and has an injury history and fumbling issues.

He's part of a RBC, he can never be a 300 carry a season guy over the course of several season. Do we really want to pay for that?

This is going to come off as me hating Bradshaw, and I don't hate him, don't get me wrong, he just really rubbed me the wrong way with his fumbling issues.
We have to work with him about it. It's a bad issue, but then again, we had drops, Ints, and other stuff. All turnovers rub me the wrong way. That's where the coaching staff and position coach, especially, need to come up with creative ways to find a solution.

If not, then draft a better # 1 starter and have Bradshaw be the # 2. Jacobs can be # 3 or find another team.

A lot of Bradshaw's fumbles were trying to get more yards. I like the thought process and heart to do that, but teams saw the window and poked the ball out. It seemed to be tied into the style of running. Ingram needs to work with him.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The fumbling issues were a problem but he did have a broken wrist when most of those occurred so maybe it'll be better this year.
That makes Coughlin ******** for giving Bradshaw so many carries on a broken wrist when Jacobs was doing great when he got the chance. That actually makes me more annoyed with Coughlin.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Bradshaw's main fumbling came before he broke his wrist I believe. Having the broken wrist probably caused him to protect his wrist more, thus protecting the ball.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bradshaw was still running the ball well. I don't blame him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I bet you Cowboys fans were behind that.
They're always up to no good. Like rooting for the Cowboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
We have to work with him about it. It's a bad issue, but then again, we had drops, Ints, and other stuff. All turnovers rub me the wrong way. That's where the coaching staff and position coach, especially, need to come up with creative ways to find a solution.

If not, then draft a better # 1 starter and have Bradshaw be the # 2. Jacobs can be # 3 or find another team.

A lot of Bradshaw's fumbles were trying to get more yards. I like the thought process and heart to do that, but teams saw the window and poked the ball out. It seemed to be tied into the style of running. Ingram needs to work with him.
It isn't rocket science. The coaching staff has been preaching "high and tight" to him all season, and he still held it like a loaf of bread. Jacobs held it high and tight, Tiki did under Coughlin, Bradshaw has been under Coughlin for 4 years now and he still can't figure it out?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
It isn't rocket science. The coaching staff has been preaching "high and tight" to him all season, and he still held it like a loaf of bread. Jacobs held it high and tight, Tiki did under Coughlin, Bradshaw has been under Coughlin for 4 years now and he still can't figure it out?
He tries too hard. 9 time out of 10 the fumbles occur on him giving that second effort for an extra half yard to a yard. He can't help himself.