Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want to make too much of this, but Bos locked the thread.

TDK, I didn't neg rep you for that post, and I'm sure Sniper didn't neg rep you for the other post. You got neg repped because you are extremely over sensitive and were the cause behind Sniper's ban. Therefore, you can go to hell.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sniper got banned?! wow, i really was gone for a long time wasnt i?

oh, and "the_dark_knight", go be a bengals fan.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout this offseason guys? Cutting Coleman leaves a hole at safety now. Schillinger is the only back up, and I'm not sure if he's good to play anywhere but special teams. Usually some pretty good safeties fall in the later rounds and that's probably where we'd snab one given we don't sign anyone in FA.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder what's going on with the QB coach. We've heard nothing.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard a little about Jim Zorn, but I doubt we sign him. Really it's been very quiet. I guess the FO is going to wait it out.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-12-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, how atrocious
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Wonder what's going on with the QB coach. We've heard nothing.

Wow, I guess I woke the Falcons up.

AJCFalcons D. Orlando Ledbetter
Bob Bratkowski has agreed to terms to be the Falcons new QB COACH, according to NFL sources.

Every single Bengal fan alive hates him, so that's nice. Another step in the wrong direction. **** you Atlanta. This dude ******* sucks dick.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 02-12-2011 at 09:32 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Another year of being just good enough to get ******* wrecked in the playoffs. Great work team, seriously, rot in ******* hell. This isn't 2008 any ******* more. Do something ******* right for once. What a ***** ass coward piece of **** organization.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another year of being just good enough to get ******* wrecked in the playoffs. Great work team, seriously, rot in ******* hell. This isn't 2008 any ******* more. Do something ******* right for once. What a ***** ass coward piece of **** organization.

i kinda imagined this being you right then. no offense..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post

Well then you'd be pretty far off. And it's certainly not my fault this organization continues to be a ******* embarrassment.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well then you'd be pretty far off. And it's certainly not my fault this organization continues to be a ******* embarrassment.
i dont get how hiring one coach makes our organization a ******* embarrassment.

Sig by BK

Old 02-12-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
i dont get how hiring one coach makes our organization a ******* embarrassment.

Hiring the worst coach in football to continue to suppress any possible development in a vanilla offense that has gotten exposed in the playoffs repeatedly. That's pretty ******* embarrassing.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I wouldn't be so upset. He's just a QB coach, and it will be Matt Ryan's 4th year. I'm glad he's getting a new coach to possibly work on something he possibly wouldn't have with Musgrave.

I don't care if Bengals fans hate him or not, this is a different team and a different coaching role. It will be his first year as a QB coach, hopefully he won't disappoint.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I wouldn't be so upset. He's just a QB coach, and it will be Matt Ryan's 4th year. I'm glad he's getting a new coach to possibly work on something he possibly wouldn't have with Musgrave.

I don't care if Bengals fans hate him or not, this is a different team and a different coaching role. It will be his first year as a QB coach, hopefully he won't disappoint.
Be prepared to for a major disappointment. Atlanta Fans will learn what the Bengals had to go through for the last 10 years. I am sorry Atlanta Fans for what u will have to go though epecially if he is the future OC.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:

Dude, you're on the money.

He's just like that dude in "the greatest freakout ever" videos FOR SURE.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Be prepared to for a major disappointment. Atlanta Fans will learn what the Bengals had to go through for the last 10 years. I am sorry Atlanta Fans for what u will have to go though epecially if he is the future OC.
maybe hes jus not cut out to be a OC. being just a QB coach he wont have nearly as much responsibilities so maybe he'll shine.

Sig by BK

Old 02-12-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe hes jus not cut out to be a OC. being just a QB coach he wont have nearly as much responsibilities so maybe he'll shine.
He never has been a QB coach or played the postion. Carson Palmer never too a step foward under Bratkowski after we drafted him. Even when we had Carson, Chad, TJ, Chris Henry, Rudi Johnson, and a Pro Bowl OL all in their prime are Offense still sucked I would not let the guy any where near Matt Ryan.

If Matt Ryan does not listen to a thing Brakowski says then he will be fine. If he does he will take Alot more 7 step drops and be sacked alot for holding on to the ball too long. Also will make very questiable throws that will make Atlanta fan saying "What the ****". U will epecially love the 1 yard passes on 3rd Down when it is 3rd and 5 or longer.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Honestly, until we cut ties with MM our offense will not grow to it's maximum potential.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Our offense is built for MM and plain vanilla. We won't have success with a different OC unless we add more explosiveness and speed.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-13-2011, 03:17 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
He never has been a QB coach or played the postion. Carson Palmer never too a step foward under Bratkowski after we drafted him. Even when we had Carson, Chad, TJ, Chris Henry, Rudi Johnson, and a Pro Bowl OL all in their prime are Offense still sucked I would not let the guy any where near Matt Ryan.

If Matt Ryan does not listen to a thing Brakowski says then he will be fine. If he does he will take Alot more 7 step drops and be sacked alot for holding on to the ball too long. Also will make very questiable throws that will make Atlanta fan saying "What the ****". U will epecially love the 1 yard passes on 3rd Down when it is 3rd and 5 or longer.
we wont have those "1 yard passes on 3rd Down when it is 3rd and 5 or longer" cause he wont be calling plays.

Sig by BK

Old 02-13-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Seriously though, how are you guys not upset with this? It's someone who never played or coached the position, has one of the worst reputations in football, and he just became the coach of the most important position in football.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously though, how are you guys not upset with this? It's someone who never played or coached the position, has one of the worst reputations in football, and he just became the coach of the most important position in football.
If we see all this then obviously they did too to some degree, they arnt idiots, so obviously there is more to the hiring.

Just FYI, I went to Auburn, and when Tuberville left and ole Gene was hired to be the HC, his HC record was more than horrible, I think something like 5-16, or something, and in 2 years he won a NC.

So before we make any crazy conclusions, let it play out and lets see what happens, if things turn to ****, then by all means rip the guy a new one.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

There was a reason why Bengals had him coaching for so long. Fans didn't like him for the same reasons we don't like MM. He won't be making decision though, just coaching, so I don't have a problem with it.

I'm 150% sure the FO didn't hire him without a lot of research on the guy. He had to prove he can coach QBs.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 02-14-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Yes, there's also a reason the Bengals can't be consistent. I don't blame it all on him, and just because you've never played it doesn't mean you have studied the absolute crap out of it and can teach it. Some of the greatest teachers ever are those who never actually DID what they teach on. Sometimes it's just about techniques of teaching, and sometimes it's just about being able to learn by seeing.

I'm just trying to put a positive spin on it, cause there's no reason to go cutting your wrists, unless...well, nevermind. Matt Ryan is growing, and you can tell it when he's calling the plays, I feel like this year he could become even more like the great Peyton Manning, in terms of taking over some more of the playcalling. Ryan in the no huddle is insane, when he's calling his plays and doing what he has to with the offense, crazy crazy proficient and just on the money with his playcalling. Hopefully we'll play more to that this year.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Since he never played or taught the specific position, it could in a way help him coach it better, depends how you look at it. The thing is, when someone plays or coaches a same position for a very long time, he gets really accustomed to it and it becomes like second nature to him.

Either way I'm sure the FO wouldn't sign a guy to coach QBs if they feel he can't do it.

Quote:
we all hate you