Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default My prediction for David Carr

He's going to be the next Rich Gannon. Gannon spent the first seven years of his career failing, being cut, and being a nobody. Granted, David Carr had a lot more hype coming into the league and was picked much higher, but so far it appears to me like Carr's potential has just not been realized and it'll take one good coach and team duo to help Carr succeed at his natural limit.

For Gannon, it was Gruden and the Raiders. For Carr, who knows, but seeing him play twice a year for his whole career (I'm a Colts fan so I see him play as much or more than anyone not in Houston) I'm convinced that he was not the problem, the rest of the system was. If I had 1.8 seconds to throw the ball because my line couldn't hold a High School juvie squad, I wouldn't be putting up great numbers and lots of victories either. Not to mention who was on that offense to help besides Andre Johnson?

I think in a few years we'll be seeing Carr in a Pro Bowl or two, probably leading an NFC team to some moderate success. If not, well, I guess I was wrong.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote