Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-14-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about the whole dinner out thing tonight with my girl, but I came up with a better idea. I picked up groceries yesterday and the girl I'm going out with is making dinner for the both of us (I'm gonna help some, I like to cook and I think its smart to make dinner with her, instead of looking like some dumb bum) and we're having dinner at her house. This is actually the first year I've been in a relationship for Valentines Day, so I'm proud of this idea. More personal environment, saves money, and we don't have to worry about time restraints or anything. If its not too late, I'd try something like this over going out to eat tonight.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Well the having a kid part is good. She just throws up several times a day 4 or 5 days a week and sometimes can't eat. I didn't mean to get into all this. Quick somebody post about how a girl ruined your weekend or something.
The gf and I have started to discuss getting a dog now that we are living together and also discussing marriage. We had some small disagreements over the type of dog we wanted, so we went to the Humane Society to check out what they had. Before we went in, we both agreed that we didn't want to get a dog that day.

Welllll... we ended up meeting and both loving a little pit bull/hound mix that is 5 months old. We put in an application. We'll see what happens with that...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I was thinking about the whole dinner out thing tonight with my girl, but I came up with a better idea. I picked up groceries yesterday and the girl I'm going out with is making dinner for the both of us (I'm gonna help some, I like to cook and I think its smart to make dinner with her, instead of looking like some dumb bum) and we're having dinner at her house. This is actually the first year I've been in a relationship for Valentines Day, so I'm proud of this idea. More personal environment, saves money, and we don't have to worry about time restraints or anything. If its not too late, I'd try something like this over going out to eat tonight.
That absolutely works. Simple and easy. This is the first VDay I'm spending with my girl. I have a hockey game, and she wants me to play in that, so I'm going. Sent flowers today. Also bringing home sushi post hockey from our fave place. Additionally, got a collage photo frame and put in pics of us from the last year. Boom. Home run!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
That absolutely works. Simple and easy. This is the first VDay I'm spending with my girl. I have a hockey game, and she wants me to play in that, so I'm going. Sent flowers today. Also bringing home sushi post hockey from our fave place. Additionally, got a collage photo frame and put in pics of us from the last year. Boom. Home run!
I'm not sending flowers, I came up with an idea to kinda surprise her. I'm going to put the flowers I got her on her back deck rail, which is near a window in her kitchen, then go back to her front door to knock on the door. Then after I go inside and we talk for a while I'm gonna go into the kitchen and open the window and grab them before we start preparing dinner. I just hope the wind dies down, because I might have to not do that if we keep getting all this wind.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Seems like you're overthink this. It is a nice touch and all, but just hand her the flowers. Looks overly complex and trying to razzle dazzle.

For the record, I only sent flowers because I don't trust the quality of lillies (her fave) when I would get to the store to get them. Plus, I like the idea of her having them set up when I get home.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Seems like you're overthink this. It is a nice touch and all, but just hand her the flowers. Looks overly complex and trying to razzle dazzle.

For the record, I only sent flowers because I don't trust the quality of lillies (her fave) when I would get to the store to get them. Plus, I like the idea of her having them set up when I get home.
Maybe, but she sais "You don't have to get flowers" when I asked her what she likes last week . Then she said, "But I like daffodils and lillies". So I interpreted it as I don't have to, but it'd be nice if I did. So I'm just setting it up a little bit. We've been going out for a little while now, so its not like I'm just starting this and trying to impress her. I just think it'll be a nice additional gesture that shows I can read between the lines of (some) female talk.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I interpreted it as I don't have to, but it'd be nice if I did.
That would be absolutely incorrect.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who had a really boring ass conversation at lunch with a girl I'm interested in?

THIS GUY

-_______-

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Who had a really boring ass conversation at lunch with a girl I'm interested in?

THIS GUY

-_______-
Con...ver...sa...tion? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that word. Is that a new term for you ****** her ear or something? And why would that be boring?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

When a woman says "it would be nice if...", that is her asking you nicely to do something/change something. It usually precedes nagging/fighting if you don't change. Take heed. EATW rocked it out.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
You fail, I win, that is all...

Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Quote:
You fail, I win, that is all...
I'm going with Sniper on this one. If she says that. It means you better do it. Not, "I don't have to do it, but it would be nice." That is her way of saying do this, as soon as you can. Or she will get on your case if you don't or until you do.

But we all might be thinking the same thing, just saying it in different ways.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Bsaza you steady post in this thread lol.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I'm going with Sniper on this one. If she says that. It means you better do it. Not, "I don't have to do it, but it would be nice." That is her way of saying do this, as soon as you can. Or she will get on your case if you don't or until you do.

But we all might be thinking the same thing, just saying it in different ways.
I don't necessarily think it means she'll get upset if you don't. I take it to mean "if you do get me flowers, you're going to make me happy and I will reward you."

Unless she's really overbearing, then it probably does mean "GET ME FLOWERS OR ELSE."

She wants flowers though, fo sho.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I don't necessarily think it means she'll get upset if you don't. I take it to mean "if you do get me flowers, you're going to make me happy and I will reward you."

Unless she's really overbearing, then it probably does mean "GET ME FLOWERS OR ELSE."

She wants flowers though, fo sho.
I'm just glad my girl is in agreement with me that purchasing flowers is the biggest waste of money there is on Valentine's Day.

I got mine Paranormal Activity 2.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm starting to get feelings for my ex-gf. we broke up about a month ago and i'm at the point where i'm contemplating getting back with her. but i don't know if it's for just having the comfort and ease of mind that she's mine again or if it's because i truly miss her and want her back. whenever i break up with a girl, i don't give a **** about it for a week or two and then it really hits me. and i hate being that couple that breaks up then gets back together but we still have feelings for each other and as cheesy as it sounds, my heart's saying one thing and my brain's saying the opposite.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it ended once and it will end again. don't be foolish.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Con...ver...sa...tion? Sorry, I'm not familiar with that word. Is that a new term for you ****** her ear or something? And why would that be boring?
sorry I don't live in mythical jobless sex land

(yeah, low blow, sorry)

But the awkwardness/failure was unnerving. I was hoping on getting on her good side, make her laugh, etc, and nothing like that happened. I was probably thrown off by the fact that she didn't seem too interested from the get-go, but that might just be her personality (as in she's not naturally bubbly/smile-y like some girls). I'm not sure what my next move should be.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I talked to a chick that worked with me... its all good until it ends though.
Plus, with me (military), I was pretty senior. Gotta make sure you never show favoritism

So I would advise against it unless you can see yourself dating her for the long run.
No gambling on a chick you might change your mind about next week, sort of speak

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay gentleman, just some advice, feel free to take it, if not well go ahead be a *****. But say u have a facebook or twitter. Don't ever, ever, ever post anything like this: I love my GF so much. Or my GF is the best GF ever. It is sooooooooooooooo annoying. IDC if its her birthday, ur birthday, Valentines Day, whatever. Not all dudes can have the best GF in the world. So that is my soap box. So thats right, if one of ur grandmothers, mothers, sisters, daughters, or hot cousins are Mrs. Yodapoop, THEY WILL NOT GET ON FACEBOOK AS THE BEST GF in the world. Good day, I am great at romance.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
any of y'all ever dated someone you work with? i guess that really only applies to post-college type jobs, now that i'm thinking about it...
I once quit a 65,000 a year job because I started dating a girl there and couldn't stand working with her after that. And now I'm unemployed and ****** for cash.

Not worth it. Other places to meet women. Don't risk ******* up your job. Also worth mentioning that if you think she likes you, hit on her, she can have you fired so ******* easily. Most companies policy is to fire for sexual harassment and ask questions later (unless you're a senior person there, in which case you can usually get away with it.)

Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
sorry I don't live in mythical jobless sex land

(yeah, low blow, sorry)

But the awkwardness/failure was unnerving. I was hoping on getting on her good side, make her laugh, etc, and nothing like that happened. I was probably thrown off by the fact that she didn't seem too interested from the get-go, but that might just be her personality (as in she's not naturally bubbly/smile-y like some girls). I'm not sure what my next move should be.
Ehh, it's okay.. it didn't really make much sense as an insult anyway. Oh noes, I don't have to work and I still get laid.. turrble. ;)

Maybe she's just boring. Or a prude/*****. Your next move is to give up on her. If she was boring with your first real chance to talk to her, it ain't there.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I thought Snipe meant I didn't have to, so I take it back, he doesn't fail. I did win though, haha. And yeah we're all thinking basically the same thing. I could've gotten away with no flowers, but getting the flowers was definitely a smart move. I did do the thing with grabbing them out of the window too. I didn't need to bsaza but it was a little extra bit that she liked, and I knew she would, which was why I thought of it. I sold it good too. Opened the window "to let the warm air in" while she started getting dinner ready. Pulled it inside and just said "where should I put these?". Big hit, and I'm glad I did it that way. Was a good night, went well, dinner was good, had fun making it with her too. I'll do that type of thing over dinner out anytime. And it all paid off too, so this method is tested and approved, haha.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i'm starting to get feelings for my ex-gf. we broke up about a month ago and i'm at the point where i'm contemplating getting back with her. but i don't know if it's for just having the comfort and ease of mind that she's mine again or if it's because i truly miss her and want her back. whenever i break up with a girl, i don't give a **** about it for a week or two and then it really hits me. and i hate being that couple that breaks up then gets back together but we still have feelings for each other and as cheesy as it sounds, my heart's saying one thing and my brain's saying the opposite.
Do. Not. Do. It.

You won't listen to us, you'll learn the hard way. Just make sure you learn from the idiotic mistakes you're about to make.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Do. Not. Do. It.

You won't listen to us, you'll learn the hard way. Just make sure you learn from the idiotic mistakes you're about to make.
Hate to say I agree with this.

Really, really bad move.. but a move we've all made and you can't really get talked out of until you experience it (presuming you haven't gotten back with an ex before.)