Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-09-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Black Metal is the hole on my metal resume. I don't really like it. It's not heavy enough for me, honestly.
Hahaha what?

Also I was thinking on the way back from classes this morning how your love for Mastadon and my love for Soad are pretty similar. I really don't consider Mastadon to be very heavy at all, and their stuff isn't very complicated. I learned blood and thunder in about ten minutes time, and most of Leviathan isn't very complicated either. Hell even Blood mountain they went to the same tuning that Soad uses, which really just makes it easier to play power chords. Not to hate on Mastadon, but I dont really consider them very metal, I'd throw them up with hardcore or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah Mastodon is getting more estranged from the others on my taste list. Other bands I listen to are some kind of metalcore/hardcore or more straightforward sludge or doom metal

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Then you'd love Power Metal. Or at least some bands in the genre.
generally speaking i hate the vocals, classic power metal though i love, Maiden and Priest

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love love songs from Maiden, but really cant stand listening to whole cds. They feel like great songs with a lot of filler. Particularly the latter stuff in the 80s.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Radiohead on the 19th apparently

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Announced today, such an awesome move. If I were in a big time band, I would only announce new cds a few days in advance to just surprise everyone.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

I guess the actual physical release is in a few months, which means their announcement in a sense is normal timing, but they decided to have the digital version ready immediately. Bands should do that.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-16-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Local Louisiana metal

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Black Metal is the hole on my metal resume. I don't really like it. It's not heavy enough for me, honestly.
what kind of black metal are you listening to?

have you tried some american black metal like cobalt or wolves in the throne room? they friggin kill!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has http://www.mapofmetal.com/ been posted yet? Pretty awesome.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

going to see Clutch open for Motorhead tonight. So pumped. Clutch is amazing. (Motorhead obviously f*cking rocks as well)

Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AH! I ******* love Clutch. I have been able to see them live once and it was awesome. BTW, I love that song.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even tough Phil is a douchbag, I fu*cking love Down!

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Revocation fans?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Even tough Phil is a douchbag, I fu*cking love Down!
This statement is indeed very true.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:03 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Large pics, bought this **** when i was 14, best **** was top left one the live moscow tracks, playing in front of a million people and slaying it soon after they were released from communism, im rockin those tracks right now

my historical facts suck btw

Last edited by TitansCJftw : 02-20-2011 at 02:06 AM.
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Has http://www.mapofmetal.com/ been posted yet? Pretty awesome.
Pretty fun little page. I think alot of the genre pairings are abolute garbage, however. Simple example... Meshuggah and Mr. Bungle in the same genre??? Yeah, ok. Then again, genre placing is far from an objective science.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New single "C'est La Vie" from Protest the Hero's upcoming album Scurrilous streaming on their Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/protestthehero

Inserting my opinion: I like it...not particularly heavy, but kinda catchy. Protest the Hero is very good at mixing technical metal with post-hardcore flavor, and this song shows that off pretty well.
Scurrilous just leaked, listened to it yesterday, it's sex. Technical metalcore for the win.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Scurrilous just leaked, listened to it yesterday, it's sex. Technical metalcore for the win.
Just listened to it this morning, yeah I can tell im going to like it a lot. Hair Trigger and Moonlight really jumped out at me as early favorites.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

What where did this leak? I gotta go check my torrent site.

Edit - Sweet found it.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 02-20-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

It leaked? I WANT IT NAO

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-20-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Damn me not being able to visit torrent sites :( (rapidshare/megaupload searches aren't getting me anything)

edit: nvm found it on mediafire

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:

Last edited by The Unseen : 02-20-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, it's sexy. Mathy as fffuuu. Heavier than I expected, which is a bonus. Favorites are C'est La Vie, Hair-Trigger, Tapestry, and Dunsel.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 02-20-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been a good time for metalcore and its variants. I've been listening to All That Remains' The Fall of Ideals and As I Lay Dying's The Powerless Rise in a daily basis.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote