Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I agree that CB, RB, and OL would be bad picks. Just trying to think of the priorities of the team, Ryan puts corners at a premium, running the ball is key which makes having backs for carries (I'd prefer a mid-rounder) and the big guys to open holes important. Luckily Slauson played alright, hopefully Ducasse progresses a lot so they're basically set on the OL for awhile. The recent report that they're going to let Cro walk makes a corner more likely too IMO, and could be some of Kiper's surprise.

The young DL's, Dixon and Tevaseu included, are probably factors. I'd guess they like them a good amount.

Purely speculating on the other ones, I think they try to bring back both but are ultimately unsuccessful, Leonhard I think will be fine but I wonder if either of Pool and Smith are brought back, and I think Woody's a cap casualty but Hunter's brought back on the cheap to compete with Vlad.

I would definitely not be surprised if the first rounder was not in the front seven, but would be disappointed. An infusion of youth and talent is needed there IMO.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
One thing I thought about is that I could definitely see the Jets trade up again if they really like someone in round one. The Pats are sitting right in front of them and they got a need at OLB too. When you think about it and depending on how free agency goes, in our areas of need (OLB, DL) we got a ton of depth but we dont really have a serious playmakers upfront. Now if the Jets think they can get a true star, an impact player, then I could see the moving up for this player. This is the biggest issue we have in the front seven. Tons of solid depth, tough guys, hard nosed workers but no real stars, no guys you gotta scheme for or players who put fear into an opposing offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
I really disagree. If Tanny and Rex really like a player that much, they have shown that they will do what is necessary to get him
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...al-draft-picks

Thought this was worth posting. Kind of reaffirms that the philosophy they've shown the last few years hasn't really changed any. Definitely going to be an interesting draft. A lot of the 5-techs could make sense to trade up for in the first, maybe some OLB's...probably won't be another position on defense as value doesn't match up, don't think WR will either. Could see them try to move up from the third and not the first because it seems like there are a lot of players jumbled together in that late first/mid second value range and it might be good to get two of them.

Also saw something saying that they're going to draft BPA and also that they want to draft guys who really love football. Maybe just saying that, but as a focus thought it was interesting.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Temple S Jaiquawn Jarrett to vist the Jets

I'm a big fan of him. He's a nice all around saftey who does everything pretty well. He's best in run support. He'll probably be a SS in the NFL. We need more of a FS but I think he is an upgrade over Leonhard at SS.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Who does everybody think the pick is going to be at #30? Figured it might be worthwhile to get some discussion about specific names now that we're getting close to the draft.

I've got a feeling that, based on value and priorities, it's going to be a pass rusher, specifically an outside linebacker. I think next most likely is a wide receiver, followed by a defensive end, and then a nose tackle. A free safety or a corner could be a surprise pick, but I almost think corner's more likely than FS. Would be relatively surprised if it was another position.

Another guess, though I could be way off, is that a small school corner with the physical ability Ryan/Pettine feel is necessary with the position gets picked somewhere on day 3. They were hot on the trail of somebody last year though I forget his name, and he got drafted by the Saints I believe. But I figure somebody who has quick feet, and sufficient long speed but underdeveloped technique would make sense. What's everybody else thinking?
Old 03-28-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think OLB, DE, NT, WR, S and CB are all options at #30.

OLB- Big fan of Justin Houston. I'd be disappointed if we took Brooks Reed. I like Jabaal Sheard too but he might be a bit of a reach at #30. It is becoming a popular pick in mocks though.

DE- Heyward, Wilkerson, Clayborn, and Ballard would all be solid picks.

NT- I think Phil Taylor would be a beast in our scheme.

WR- Hankerson would be a nice compliment to Holmes. Titus Young to Braylon.

S- Assuming we go with a FS. Not really a big fan of Rahim Moore. Many people have said that Aaron Williams will be a S at te next level. He could be intriguing at #30.

CB- I like Harris and Jimmy Smith.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys think Jerrel Jernigan can last until our 3rd round pick. Personally I'd rather have Braylon back. Bigger and stronger. Even though Holmes had some nice catches/yac for us.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote