Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notable tidbits from Bill Simmons' trade chart

Quote:
49. Derrick Favors, Brook Lopez (tie)
It's all about Favors having an "NBA body" right now; we're not allowed to rush to a final judgment even though a 19-year-old lottery pick is forgettable night after night after night in a Kwame-ish way. I caught him twice in person: He bombed the "If I'm Seeing You Live, No Matter How Young You Are, I Shouldn't Be Able to Zone Out And Forget That You're Allegedly Doing Your Specialty In Front Of Me" test. (Important note: Same goes for Broadway actors, musicians, belly dancers, comedians, politicians and chefs at those Japanese restaurants at which they cook for 10-12 people at a time.) It's not like he's any younger than DeMarcus Cousins. Shouldn't Favors be showing something by now?

As for Lopez, he stopped rebounding (8.1 as a rookie, 8.7 in Year 2, 5.7 this season), stopped attacking the rim (6.6 shots at the rim last season, 4.3 this season) and plays with the enthusiasm of someone who just got dumped by his girlfriend and wants the game to end as soon as possible so he can go home and fill a pink iPod with sappy love songs for her. I would have bounced him off the list entirely, but there's a small chance Avery Johnson's voice is affecting him the same way Mary Hart's voice affected Kramer.
Quote:
46. DeMarcus Cousins
So rarely in sports does someone live up to the hype. We thought Notorious D.M.C. could be a dominant scorer/rebounder AND a once-in-a-generation head case who immediately polarized fans and media members … yes and yes! In the past three weeks alone, he dropped a 27-10 on the Lakers, a 25-14 on Utah, a 19-15 on Dallas and a few punches on teammate Donte Greene's head, then subsequently got banned from a team plane and suspended. I want the opposite of a full refund for the DMC Experience. I'd like to pay twice. Let's run it back. And by the way? If I were a GM, I'd be calling Sacramento every day trying to get him. Repeat: Every day. You just never know when you might catch Geoff Petrie in a moment of weakness. It's coming.
Quote:
What jumps out? First, the durable guys remained durable throughout their careers, with just one exception: McHale, who ruined the second half of his career by bravely (and some would say foolishly) playing on a broken foot in the 1987 playoffs. Second, anyone who missed more than 80 games and couldn't play in 90 percent of the games in at least four of their first six seasons went on to have injury-plagued careers. (That includes Shaq, who played more than 68 games in a season just six times and missed an average of 18 games per season.) And third, if you can't stay on the court at your youngest/healthiest/freshest/most energetic, it's a pretty safe bet that things won't change as you get older. It's straight DNA: Some dudes are structurally built for 82-game NBA seasons, others aren't. So if you make the argument "If Bynum can stay healthy, he's a franchise center," just make sure you also mention that we have 35 years of evidence that there's a tipping point when "If he can stay healthy …" becomes "… he's not going to stay healthy." We're there with Andrew Bynum. He's not going to stay healthy. If I were the Lakers, I would trade him right now.
Quote:
9. Pau Gasol
A few weeks ago, Kobe explained Gasol's latest funk like this: "Even when [Pau] was in Memphis and he was the go-to guy, he was always very nice. Very white swan. I need him to be black swan."

I thought this was funny for a variety of reasons, mainly that Kobe thought it was a good idea to compare his best teammate to a psychological ballet thriller that features an explicit lesbian sex scene, but also because you could tie it to Nassim Nicholas Taleb's book "The Black Swan." Taleb considered a "black swan event" an impact event that came by surprise, but that after it happened, everyone tried to rationalize that they knew it was coming (or that they should have known it was coming) by going backward and reexamining the available signs. Taleb believes most major events in history are unexpected, but humans can't accept that: We can't control random events, and when things are out of our control, we get nervous. We'd rather think we could control them. You know, kind of like Kobe and Jackson with Gasol. They think they can control his funks by lighting a fire under him, questioning his energy, pushing for MORE from him … and invariably, they're right. He's averaging a 21-9 and shooting 60 percent this month. There is nothing random about Pau Gasol: He averages an 18-10 and shoots 52 percent year after year, and at least once a season he needs to be kicked in the butt. He's neither a black swan nor a black swan event. By the way, don't mix Red Bull and Zithromax.
Quote:
4. Derrick Rose
I still have him as the MVP. If you disagree, go look at the standings, try to find me 10 games in which Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah played together, then watch Keith Bogans play for 10 minutes. Derrick Rose did more for that team through the first 50 games than anyone else did for their team; doesn't make him the best player, just the most valuable. At least so far. Of course, we can't sleep on this scenario, courtesy of Tim in Troy:

"I think we could have a Hakeem Olajuwon/David Robinson situation brewing with the 2011 MVP: What if Rose gets presented with the trophy in front of LeBron before a Bulls-Heat Round 2 playoff game? I picture a standard LeBron Eff You game (40, 10 and 10, five mean dunks, sits for the fourth quarter) making Hakeem's shakedown of The Admiral look like a birthday present."

Great call. Yet here's the difference between Rose and Robinson: Rose would get ticked off by the Eff You performance, try to match it … and then it would be on like Donkey Kong. Have I mentioned how excited I am for the 2011 playoffs? I've mentioned that, right? We're definitely getting Boston-Chicago, Boston-Miami or Chicago-Miami in Round 2. Round 2!!!! Any one of those three matchups will be old-school, '80s-style, no-handshaking bloodbaths. I can't wait for the refs to get overprotective and screw it up.
Quote:
3. Kevin Durant
With LeBron splitting shots with the other MoHeatos, it's hard to foresee a situation in which KD's 30 a game wouldn't take the scoring title year after year after year until he got bored … and that's assuming 30 is his ceiling, when actually -- if Oklahoma City added a low-post threat and Durant bumped up his 3-point shooting (34 percent right now) -- he could climb to 33-34 pretty soon. (The record: MJ and Wilt both won seven straight scoring titles.) So worst-case scenario, barring injury, he'll be a rich man's George Gervin.

And with that said …

Remember this past September. Turkey? The Baster Game? Why did so many Team USA guys make a leap afterward (Rose, Westbrook, ***, Love, Chandler, Odom, etc.) and Durant went sideways? Am I picking nits? Were my expectations too high? Are his teammates worse than we realize? Did he already HAVE his leap, and that's as far as we're going? You'd think Westbrook's leap would have facilitated a second mini-leap from Durant, right? And further--

(Oh, that's right … he's 22. I forgot.)
Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's still no reason for Melo to be so low.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's charting their value right now. No one will want him because only 2 or 3 teams in all of the NBA could get him to sign an extension.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

plenty of teams will make offers without a extension on the table just for a rental

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
There's still no reason for Melo to be so low.
Length of contract and perceived desire to play only for the New York Knicks.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

None of the teams that have been rumored to the Melo-Drama have done so with the intention of just renting him.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
plenty of teams will make offers without a extension on the table just for a rental
Sure, you can make an offer for the rental, but you're not going to mortgage your future for a single run. You only do that when you know you're going to have a superstar locked up for half a decade or more. You're not going to get much more than an Omri Casspi and protected 1st for a 3 month rental like that.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Sure, you can make an offer for the rental, but you're not going to mortgage your future for a single run. You only do that when you know you're going to have a superstar locked up for half a decade or more. You're not going to get much more than an Omri Casspi and protected 1st for a 3 month rental like that.
Exactly, without an extension most teams are going to be extremely hesitant about giving serious long term assets, meaning it's highly unlikely Denver gets an offer that even beats NY's initial offer of Wilson, instant savings and picks, at least not significantly.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Exactly, without an extension most teams are going to be extremely hesitant about giving serious long term assets, meaning it's highly unlikely Denver gets an offer that even beats NY's initial offer of Wilson, instant savings and picks, at least not significantly.
You say Melo is worthless because he needs an extension....yet completely ******* ignore that Chandler is a RFA at the end of the year.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You say Melo is worthless because he needs an extension....yet completely ******* ignore that Chandler is a RFA at the end of the year.
Yeah but being an RFA means he can't go anywhere unless his team lets him. Carmelo does not have that restriction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Yeah but being an RFA means he can't go anywhere unless his team lets him. Carmelo does not have that restriction.

No...just means that they can match any deal he gets on the open market. Obviously it is way better than UFA status....but Denver would have to pay the open market salary for Chandler(if they wanted to keep him)....which they could do without the trade.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So are the Heat overrated for people tagging them as winning the east this year and 7 championships, when they havent even beat the celtics, let alone even played for a championship yet?

And we are bowing down to the greatness of the heat?
Yes, some1 used my phrase!!!!! I just don't get it tho. Here is what kind of pisses me off about the Lakers. If my Heat lose back to back games to the Bobcats and the Cavs (which would never happen cuz LeBron would not take a game off against the Cavs), but lets just say we did. People would not be giving excuses, people would not be asking if the Heat are bored. There are still people saying that, granted most people are reacting the way I do. U know like they need to get rid of Artest, the need a younger PG, they need Melo, and all that noise. But it just kinda irks me that people just say, ahhh the Lakers took the games off, it apathy, thats their problem. That would never happen for the Heat. All sorts of **** would happen.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Yes, some1 used my phrase!!!!! I just don't get it tho. Here is what kind of pisses me off about the Lakers. If my Heat lose back to back games to the Bobcats and the Cavs (which would never happen cuz LeBron would not take a game off against the Cavs), but lets just say we did. People would not be giving excuses, people would not be asking if the Heat are bored. There are still people saying that, granted most people are reacting the way I do. U know like they need to get rid of Artest, the need a younger PG, they need Melo, and all that noise. But it just kinda irks me that people just say, ahhh the Lakers took the games off, it apathy, thats their problem. That would never happen for the Heat. All sorts of **** would happen.
That's because the Lakers have "earned" that benefit of the doubt by winning the past two NBA championships. The Heat haven't earned ****.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because the Lakers have "earned" that benefit of the doubt by winning the past two NBA championships. The Heat haven't earned ****.
Two time defending champs should not lose to a team thats 9-48 going into the game. No excuses, no excuses at all. They lost 26 games in a row at one time during the season.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Two time defending champs should not lose to a team thats 9-48 going into the game. No excuses, no excuses at all. They lost 26 games in a row at one time during the season.
No they shouldn't, but they do deserve the benefit of the doubt that they can bounce back.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
No they shouldn't, but they do deserve the benefit of the doubt that they can bounce back.
Yeah, its a good point. It would be interesting to hear what people say if the Lakers were not two-time champs like they are. See if they stiil get the oh, they are just apathetic excuse.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem with Melo is that if he doesn't sign the extension it's probably because he's going to walk as an UFA, Wilson isn't going to get a max offer from every team on the first day of free agency and so Denver only needs to match one offer for him rather than battling off every other team that's interested in Will on the open market. Melo without an extension means a couple months of melo is all you're getting, the same is not true of Wilson Chandler.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The problem with Melo is that if he doesn't sign the extension it's probably because he's going to walk as an UFA, Wilson isn't going to get a max offer from every team on the first day of free agency and so Denver only needs to match one offer for him rather than battling off every other team that's interested in Will on the open market. Melo without an extension means a couple months of melo is all you're getting, the same is not true of Wilson Chandler.
Well, the way it works....every team can make an offer("battle for") to Chandler...he chooses which one to accept...and then Denver could choose to match or not. So Chandler would still be getting the highest deal possible that he could on the open market...Denver could just choose to match or not.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, the way it works....every team can make an offer("battle for") to Chandler...he chooses which one to accept...and then Denver could choose to match or not. So Chandler would still be getting the highest deal possible that he could on the open market...Denver could just choose to match or not.
So you're point is that they'll have to pay Chandler what he's worth and are guaranteed his services instead of having to convince him that they're offer is better than other teams' offers? Yeah they'll have to pay chandler, but do you really see him getting some colossal, team crippling deal?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler is just an MLE player anyway. That's the absolute most I see him getting. Teams with cap space won't go out there to sign Chandler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, if the Nets don't get 'melo and do that stupid deal giving away harris for cap space, they might.

I'd love to keep us as is and go after chandler.

but hey, this whole 'melo thing is going to just be insane until the deadline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony will finally meet face-to-face with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov over All-Star weekend, sources tell ESPN.com.
New day...new story.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Chandler is just an MLE player anyway. That's the absolute most I see him getting. Teams with cap space won't go out there to sign Chandler.
Chandler's more than a bench player. In a league where Gerald Wallace is pulling in double figures Chandler can get more than the MLE.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA

Denver-NJ in advanced talks on Anthony, Billups, Balkman, Ely, Williams for Favors, Harris, Murphy, Uzoh and 4 1st rounders, source tells Y!
this wouldn't be too horrendous really. balkman's contract kinda sucks though. and 4 picks? mehhh

Billups-Morrow-Melo-Humphries-Bropez
with farmar and james off the bench.
I love harris and favors, but i guess I could live with this deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this wouldn't be too horrendous really. balkman's contract kinda sucks though. and 4 picks? mehhh

Billups-Morrow-Melo-Humphries-Bropez
with farmar and james off the bench.
I love harris and favors, but i guess I could live with this deal
Kris Humphries starting would make me a happy panda.