Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-18-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Offseason

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/...om=en-us_msnhp

Josh McDaniels is being interviewed for the OC job after the firing of Bates. Personally, I would be thrilled if we hired him. Say want about how he handled being a head coach in Denver, but I'm a believer in his ability to run an offense. I like a lot of the players we've got on offense, and a creative coach like McDaniels is exactly what this team needs. Hire the man. Please.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...ugh. Rams got him. Who else is out there?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy (Darrel Bevell) they are interviewing from Minnesota.

Could promote Cable I guess.

Lots of speculation, but nothing solid other than Bevell.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/seah...d-OC-position/

Apparently we've offered the former Minnesota OC the job. I guess he runs a West Coast Offense. Don't know that much about it.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two notes...

ESPN Insider:

Quote:
ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando has a long post up discussing the various coaching moves in the NFC West. Relevant to the Seattle Seahawks, he suggests the hiring of Tom Cable as offensive line coach was in the works for a long time, and that this in part is why Jeremy Bates was let go as offensive coordinator. And the hiring could lead to a talent upgrade -- Oakland guard Robert Gallery will be a free agent when a new CBA is signed, and he reportedly enjoyed working with Cable.

The Seahawks started a mish-mash of journeymen (Mike Gibson) and castoffs (Chester Pitts, Stacy Andrews) at guard in 2010. Signing Gallery and pairing him with Max Unger (who missed 15 games in 2010 with a toe injury) would be a big upgrade in talent, and that's not even considering what Cable could bring to the table as a coach.
Mel Kiper:

Quote:
25 Seattle Seahawks
7-9
*Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Everything about Mallett's arm screams top 10, but he could fall a bit as a player who needs to develop footwork and the willingness to bite off only as much as he can chew. That said, Mallett's game progressed in 2010. He showed improved accuracy and a willingness to move around and consider the dump-off passes he often passed up as a younger player. With a year of development, he could be a good value here and a long-term answer for the Seahawks. It'll be asked, but my sources tell me the Seahawks prefer him to Washington's Jake Locker -- at least right now.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

It'd be nice to get an upgrade on the OL, but I mean how many years does Gallery have left?

As for Kipers draft, I saw that mock draft and I don't agree with the Hawks pick. This year isn't a very deep class, and the OT class is not looking strong. Tons of teams needs QBs, and only 2 going in the first round, while normal, is highly unlikely this year.

Mallet won't be the pick anyways. Tons of talent yes, but what the hell is going on off the field that has Scott so worried about him? I mean this will come out in interviews, and I just think that your going to see Mallett drop.

Also, Locker still has the Senior Bowl and the combine to impress. He will be a first round draft pick when it's all said and done.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's coke.

And I doubt anyone really cares that much about coke.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I've heard the speculation about that, and I'm not quite sure I believe it. We'll see. I'm more worried about the other stuff (at least for a QB), and I try not to stereotype, but holy **** does Mallet sound stupid in interviews. I've heard other people with drawls and they managed not to sound that stupid...as in he's so stupid I expect a positive drug test at the combine...

But yes, people do care about coke when he is going to be the face of your franchise. Drug addictions generally don't turn out well on the PR stage. Especially when your paying him several million guaranteed and he's going and snorting it up. Like they say, money only makes you more of what you already are...

Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
It's coke.

And I doubt anyone really cares that much about coke.
Ya I've heard that from Michigan people and from Arkansas people.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Thinking about who the 'Hawks might take a look at this offseason. Obviously, they believe in roster turnover. Few guys I think could help us out...

Position, Name, Age when 2011 season begins:

QB Bruce Gradkowski, 28

OT Jermon Bushrod, 27

WR Steve Smith, 26

WR Sidney Rice, 25
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

FB Vontae Leach, 29

FB Marcel Reece, 26

WR Early Doucet, 25 (I think this kid's got some real potential. His stats don't show it, but he was good in the playoffs with Kurt Warner there, and most of that season had been playing behind those three good receivers. No one in Arizona not named Larry Fitzgerald was going to put up big receiving numbers last year, so he might be undervalued.)

C Samson Satele, 26

RE-SIGN MEBANE.

Sorry if any of these guys have already re-signed with their teams or something, contracts are kind of hard to keep track of. I'm going off of sources for who was scheduled to be a free agent.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Two notes...

ESPN Insider:

"...Oakland guard Robert Gallery will be a free agent when a new CBA is signed, and he reportedly enjoyed working with Cable."

I didn't see Gallery's name when I was going through the free agents list. Is he going available?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

According to the article I quoted...

I don't know if we really need WRs... BMW and Obo are locked up and Butler and Tate are talented with upside... and our offense is at its best when we incorporate our backs and TEs into the passing game (I hope we re-sign Leon and feature him on O more often).
Old 02-17-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Sidney Rice starting opposite BMW would be really hard for defenses, and like I said about Doucet, I think he's a talented player who could be undervalued. You're right about the need, though. Scratch Steve Smith. He'd probably cost more than he's worth to our offense.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders just got cut. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

I wonder how much he'd cost with his injury history.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

The one thing I don't like about Bob Sanders is that he is 30 years old, his body is breaking down on him, and his playstyle is not going to change.

We already have a big physical safety in Kam Chancellor that I would like to see if he has what it takes to be a full time starter in the NFL. We don't even know what he can do, but he has the potential to be a bigger Bob Sanders.

In other words, Kam Chancellor > Bob Sanders because of age, injuries.

And I agree that Doucet could be a huge grab if we could sign him. Even if he never is a #1 receiver, he has consistent hands and can occasionally break a big play. He would be a great compliment to BMW, and I think he has more talent than Obumanu.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Doucet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH9_SKcYjrk

He can really run after the catch. that playoff TD against GB is sick. He's built like a running back.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys who I would like to target in FA:

Marcel Reece
Sidney Rice
Lance Moore
Steve Smith NYG
Tyson Clabo
David Baas
Mathias Kiwanuka
Barry Cofield
George Wislon
Eric Weddle

Those are all the guys I would really like to have/think there is at least a chance that we get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
The one thing I don't like about Bob Sanders is that he is 30 years old, his body is breaking down on him, and his playstyle is not going to change.

We already have a big physical safety in Kam Chancellor that I would like to see if he has what it takes to be a full time starter in the NFL. We don't even know what he can do, but he has the potential to be a bigger Bob Sanders.

In other words, Kam Chancellor > Bob Sanders because of age, injuries.

And I agree that Doucet could be a huge grab if we could sign him. Even if he never is a #1 receiver, he has consistent hands and can occasionally break a big play. He would be a great compliment to BMW, and I think he has more talent than Obumanu.
Definitely don't want Bob Sanders. I love the guy but I don't want to pay him millions to spend most of the season on IR.

Last edited by Cicero : 02-21-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

We just resigned Leon Washington to a 4 year $12.5 million contract. Can top out at $16 million.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/seah...on-Washington/

Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I like Leon a lot. Hopefully he can do enough for us over the next four years to end up being known as a Seahawk rather than an ex-Jet. I half-think people forget how good he was in New York because it's been a year and a half since he was a full-time offensive player. We need to find some more ways to get him on the field. I like all three of our running backs.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

NFL.com saying the Raiders don't plan on re-signing Gallery, but that's because he wants $8 million a year. Frankly, I don't think I'd want to pay him that much, either.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't really care what money we spend in FA. Our owner won't not spend money on a FA we really need if we overpay a bit for a guy like Gallery (who is a known commodity and a safe signing).

There will be no cap anymore so I don't really care about overpaying. We overpaid for Leon but no big deal...
Old 03-16-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Read another Kevin Kolb rumor the other day...

If we don't end up with a QB in the draft, I would not be surprised if we dealt our 2012 1st for him. Not sure how I'd feel about that. If we went like 3-13 I'd be devastated, so it would be a big risk.

It's also entirely possible that we could draft a player for the Eagles at #25 with plans to make the deal when it's allowed. I don't know when or if the media would catch wind of that type of agreement in principle (if it's allowed), but we could see something like that in this unique situation.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read another Kevin Kolb rumor the other day...

If we don't end up with a QB in the draft, I would not be surprised if we dealt our 2012 1st for him. Not sure how I'd feel about that. If we went like 3-13 I'd be devastated, so it would be a big risk.

It's also entirely possible that we could draft a player for the Eagles at #25 with plans to make the deal when it's allowed. I don't know when or if the media would catch wind of that type of agreement in principle (if it's allowed), but we could see something like that in this unique situation.
Not sure that Kolb would be much of an upgrade over Charlie to be honest and then you'd have given up two decent draft picks for two guys that arent getting you to the superbowl. I guess expectations have been lowered so much that even these guys start looking good.

I thought you said you like Locker now, or was that during some sort of beer binge you were on?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

The problem with Kolb is that he has started what 13 games? The Eagles want 2 first rounders for him.

Not worth it in my opinion. I mean he had the starting QB job handed to him this year and lost it. Granted it was to Michael Vick who played at an elite level, but still, two first rounders for a career backup? No thanks.

And this team has so many holes, we can't afford to give up a first rounder right now...