Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
About Nash, I could definitely see Nash finishing up his career in Toronto. Would be ******* epic,especially if the raps are on the upswing in a couple years
lol. I just started a season in NBA 2K11 bringing Nash to Toronto. I thought it'd be a cool idea. My team around him is complete ****, though. I just wanted to have a beast veteran teach the youngins and Nash to Toronto just sounded to good to pass up. haha. The team I assembled is pretty damn hilarious on paper, at least depth wise, the starters are alright. Only Raps I kept were Derozan and Trey Johnson. haha. Should be fun to play, however, Nash does retire after the year, though. But whatever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oooh, a nice strawman baseless shot at the Nets. how clever.
although a team of Billups-Morrow-Melo-Humphries-Bropez isn't too shabby.
but hey, keep obsessing over an average SF/PF in Gallo.
I'm sorry Scotty, I meant 40 loss team which is what you are now, didn't mean to take a shot at the nets by saying that that lineup would only win 40 games next year.

Quote:
and Melo doesn't sign then you guys are back where you are now....on a steady road to mediocrity. Althoug I guess the good thing is if the Knicks don't get Melo then fans will stop thinking they actually have a decent chance at getting superstars as they will have strucken out two summers in a row after throwing away the two seasons before that to even get a chance of trying.
*shrug* I'll take that chance since we'd be on the road to slightly better mediocrity with Melo, Amar'e, Billups' corpse, Azubuike's broken knee and if the Nuggets are nice Ronny Turiaf anyway.

And we didn't throw the first two seasons away, that's a blatant fallacy since we sucked donkey balls before Donnie made his first trade, the fact that we sucked for only two years is impressive given the roster we had, so quit this BS "throwing away 2 seasons" ****, it's BS and yet people like to regurgitate it as though Zairball and Craw were going to make us a quality playoff team.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** 'melo, this trade should happen:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4a2tmxl

nets keeps favors. pacers get a **** ton of cap space by getting all expirings and we take posey off their hands.

farmar-morrow-granger-favors-bropez.

we'll also throw in a pick or 2 if need be. GO NETS GO
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't get it bro. You don't like Melo's game, but you love Gallinari?

wtf.

I can't wait until we flush that turd down the toilet.

In terms of performance over the past 10 years? Absolutely.

Revenue is a totally different story. The Knicks were making more money than any team not named the Lakers the past 10 years. Now they've surpassed the Lakers. But how much money James Dolan pockets from the Knicks has no bearing on me as a Knicks fan. I could care less that he's cashing in on us.
It's because with Gallo we'd also get to keep Chandler, Fields, Mozgov and cap space for a max FA. If keeping Gallo meant getting rid of all of the pieces it would take to get Melo at Denver's price, which is going up every time we meet their request mind you, I wouldn't love him enough to be in favor of keeping him.

I love Gallo as a prospect, I like the way he plays when he's playing well and given how young he is and how hard he works I don't think it's insane to expect him to become more consistent, in which case he'd be an ideal 3rd star who's got the exact mentality to thrive in that role as he has no problem doing the little things to win but has the balls to step up in the clutch when needed. But I fully admit I'm biased about him because a friend of mine made me watch him play for Milan when I was bitching about the knicks being rumored to want him in the draft and I fell in love with the way he played, he played like a 6'8" Manu ginobili, he was just craftier with a better sense of what was happening than everyone else and this in a Professional Men's League.

That's why I'm patient with him, although as I explained before, my fanhood of Gallo isn't the reason I'm opposed to giving in to Denver. We need to re-establish ourselves as a team that'll make fair trades given what the situation calls for and I don't want teams to expect us to buckle when negotiations get rough and just bend over for teams like we've done for years in our attempts to shake our "joke" label, which created downward spiral wear we'd always end up coughing up whatever the other team wanted to try and get teams to take us seriously.

I just think it's a continuation of the Knicks history of cracking in tough negotiations and always giving up "whatever it takes!" to make a deal happen. I'm sick of it because everytime I head of a rumored deal I have to worry aobut my team because I know if it's big enough Dolan will cave in and we'll always overpay. And that's never going to lead to a great team in a league where more talented teams are out there who don't overpay on every deal and so are able to find sweet deals. I know we don't have the legacy of the Lakers and Celtics, that's why I want us to start developing it.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
We are appealing franchise even in the 2000's we were linked to all stars like we are now with Melo. How many times has that happened with the Lions?
The only reason the Knicks ever get brought up is because of the media. It rarely has anything to do with actual knowledge of a situation or appeal of the franchise/team.

A team with top money and in the biggest market is always going to get brought up in those types of talks. It really has little do with players viewing the Knicks as an appealing franchise.

Obviously with Melo that isn't the case as he's voiced his opinion, but please stop pretending like even when the Knicks suck they were still an appealing team to players. It's almost always media hype, which isn't a terrible thing, but at least admit it for what it is.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
The only reason the Knicks ever get brought up is because of the media. It rarely has anything to do with actual knowledge of a situation or appeal of the franchise/team.

A team with top money and in the biggest market is always going to get brought up in those types of talks. It really has little do with players viewing the Knicks as an appealing franchise.

Obviously with Melo that isn't the case as he's voiced his opinion, but please stop pretending like even when the Knicks suck they were still an appealing team to players. It's almost always media hype, which isn't a terrible thing, but at least admit it for what it is.
I am not saying media isn't responsible for some of it but its not like Melo has been the only player who has ever wanted to play for the Knicks. He isn't the 1st and wont be the last player to want to play for Knicks.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not saying media isn't responsible for some of it but its not like Melo has been the only player who has ever wanted to play for the Knicks. He isn't the 1st and wont be the last player to want to play for Knicks.
I agree, and I'm not saying no player wants to play for the Knicks. I'm just saying more often than not in the past 10 years, give or take, it has been because of media hype and not player opinions that free agents/trade rumors are linked to NY.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a related note, go **** yourself LeBron.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
In a related note, go **** yourself LeBron.
I approve this message. But what should he do?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks should stop trying to trade for Melo, he is so overrated. They should wait for Dwight Howard and Deron Williams instead of trading their young talent for Melo.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Not take the easy way out and try to earn a championship.

2. Stop being a coward and join a dunk contest. He doesn't join bc he knows he won't win or live up to Jordan's dunks.

3. Stop passing up on game winning shots to make the "extra" pass to deflect blame off yourself.

4. Stop traveling.

5. Don't quit on your team in game 5.

Should I continue?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just about the opposite of everything he did.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I agree, and I'm not saying no player wants to play for the Knicks. I'm just saying more often than not in the past 10 years, give or take, it has been because of media hype and not player opinions that free agents/trade rumors are linked to NY.
To be fair we were being run by incompetent fools for most of the 2000's. I was skeptical of any player that actually thought it was a good idea to join those awful awful knicks teams, especially since players had to know that Isiah or Layden would get hosed in the trades for them leaving them with an even shittier team to try and accomplish anything with.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

2. Stop being a coward and join a dunk contest. He doesn't join bc he knows he won't win or live up to Jordan's dunks.

3. Stop passing up on game winning shots to make the "extra" pass to deflect blame off yourself.

4. Stop traveling.

Should I continue?
LeBron has made a ton of clutch shots. Did you want to stay with the Cavs? a team that never surrounded him talent, the lakers surrounded Kobe with talent and the bulls did the same with the bulls.

The only thing I agree with you is on the dunk contest.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
To be fair we were being run by incompetent fools for most of the 2000's. I was skeptical of any player that actually thought it was a good idea to join those awful awful knicks teams, especially since players had to know that Isiah or Layden would get hosed in the trades for them leaving them with an even shittier team to try and accomplish anything with.
Agreed, and that's exactly what I was getting at. LT commented that the Knicks were appealing in the 00s and I said it was mostly because it was media hyping NY and not because of the franchise or how much money they have.

The point was even the biggest market teams with the most money aren't going to automatically be appealing if they are run by a bunch of morons and are putting out some terrible teams on the court.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Agreed, and that's exactly what I was getting at. LT commented that the Knicks were appealing in the 00s and I said it was mostly because it was media hyping NY and not because of the franchise or how much money they have.

The point was even the biggest market teams with the most money aren't going to automatically be appealing if they are run by a bunch of morons and are putting out some terrible teams on the court.
I didn't mean it how it reads I should have put a period in between the word appealing and even in the 200's. LT made a grammatical error.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
LeBron has made a ton of clutch shots. Did you want to stay with the Cavs? a team that never surrounded him talent, the lakers surrounded Kobe with talent and the bulls did the same with the bulls.

The only thing I agree with you is on the dunk contest.
The difference is Kobe and Jordan didn't choose to team up with top tier players via free agency. They stuck with their building franchises.

I'm not saying Lebron should or shouldn't have stuck with the Cavs because they were run idiotically, but you can't compare what Lebron chose to do with Jordan and Kobe sticking with one team and letting the franchise build around them.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I didn't mean it how it reads I should have put a period in between the word appealing and even in the 200's. LT made a grammatical error.
Fair enough. I still remember the post Jordan era where the Bulls were an absolute joke, and all we brought in were overpaid past their prime guys. It was god awful.

Also, going back to one of bbd's comments, I forget the exact number but on like sportscenter or NBA live a while ago they said something like 5 games this year someone other than the big 3 on the Heat has taken a late, game deciding shot. How does that happen, especially when I've seen 2 or 3 times when Lebron could have taken an mostly open shot but didn't.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony has informed people close to him that he will not sign an extension with the Nets, according to sources.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...sion_With_Nets

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lololololol
Old 02-19-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:

While I agree with you, I think LT did have a point when mentioning how even through that terrible management and atrocious cap management we still were financially successful, pointing to our fanbase and ability to capitalize on that fan base, something players are certainly a part of which helps a player bring on additional funds that he may not on a smaller team that has less of a ridiculous innate market. I think...

Anyways we're finally not being run by morons, i understand it's only been 3 years but can people start cutting donnie some slack, this isn't the same fuctard running the show and this roster finally has some appeal to it since it's not infest with overpaid incompetent "veterans" and actually already has 1 star and some really talented 22 and 23 year olds. I don't fault anybody for not wanting to be affiliated with the mess we used to be, hell I didn't even watch many of our games because of how pathetically the franchise had collapsed once Houston was gone, as he was the last of my childhood heroes on the knicks.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
lololololol
This is what I've felt all along and why I've been so opposed to this trade. If that's really the case then I'd hate to give up what Denver's asking for.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good comparison for the Knicks is the Maple Leafs.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A good comparison for the Knicks is the Maple Leafs.
yep, isiah and burke have done surprisingly similar damage, although kessel's a far better player, in a league that is more about depth, than anyone the knicks have brought in before Walsh.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

4. Stop traveling.

Should I continue?

5 is really the only one I care about, although 2 would be cool.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote