Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat....ur thoughts on the Melo trade?

Thank u, well put.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, positives for me:
- I get to still follow the draft
- we keep Favors (who i love)
- we might deal some picks for mozgov and chandler (hopefully chandler, if it's felton or gallo, i will cry)
- we kind of made the knicks offer higher than it really had to be I guess.

idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
CaneBang
Rookie

CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

There's still a chance they can sign CP3 or D-Will if they wait long enough. Seeing as how it's NY, they aren't gonna want to wait, but they're going to have to.

There's always a way for there to be a Big 3 through Free Agency, CP3 will just most likely have to give up some sort of amount of money and the Knicks will have to sign people off the street like the Heat did in a certain aspect.

EDIT: Unless the CBA blows after this season
CaneBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Because when CP3 is a FREE agent he is ALLOWED to go wherever he wants.

All those players have value to get us what exactly? What did you want us to go out and get?

They would have been able to make us forming a big 3 much more realistic.
I'm pretty sure you can't form a big three until you have a big 2 first.

"The Toast" is coming true whether you want it to our not. UNLESS the CBA changes (and the cap doesn't go which it always does) in such a way that would not allow us to afford another max contract AND CP3/Deron choose to not take less money (which is also a possibility - especially when you consider that both are rumored to want to play with these two in NY).
You have no $ to give him his max contract unless Chris Paul decides to take a pay cut you cant sign him. What is so hard to understand about that

I rather us not get a disgruntled Chauncey Billups who probably is going to want a buy out and go to the Heat cause this Knicks team isn't winning. Plus 3 pieces of crap plus Melo's giant contract

I am sure everybody is dying to wait 2 more seasons of losing cause might want to take a look at our roster around the 2. It is pretty ******* ******.

Unless the CBA gifts the Knicks we are not getting a big 3 and if we get a favorable CBA that means we over payed Melo which means he wouldn't have lost as much money as he feared meaning we again **** on ourselves with this deal.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
CaneBang
Rookie

CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

also, the more i think about this trade, the more i say

big deal, there isn't going to be basketball for a portion of next season anyways
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well, positives for me:
- I get to still follow the draft
- we keep Favors (who i love)
- we might deal some picks for mozgov and chandler (hopefully chandler, if it's felton or gallo, i will cry)
- we kind of made the knicks offer higher than it really had to be I guess.

idk.

2 current Rumors:

Harris+Murphy for Andre Miller+Pryzbilla

3 way trade with Dallas which the Nets would get Felton and Mozgov and Harris back with the mavs. Other pieces not known.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
You have no $ to give him his max contract unless Chris Paul decides to take a pay cut you cant sign him. What is so hard to understand about that

I rather us not get a disgruntled Chauncey Billups who probably is going to want a buy out and go to the Heat cause this Knicks team isn't winning. Plus 3 pieces of crap plus Melo's giant contract

I am sure everybody is dying to wait 2 more seasons of losing cause might want to take a look at our roster around the 2. It is pretty ******* ******.

Unless the CBA gifts the Knicks we are not getting a big 3 and if we get a favorable CBA that means we over payed Melo which means he wouldn't have lost as much money as he feared meaning we again **** on ourselves with this deal.
2 more seasons of losing? Dude you have ******* Melo and Amare you are guaranteed a top 5 seed for the next 2 years

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* spoiled Knicks fans.

I would kill for the Raps to add STAT and ******* Melo to their team in under a year
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oooooh I love three ways.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
2 more seasons of losing? Dude you have ******* Melo and Amare you are guaranteed a top 5 seed for the next 2 years
If you are not winning a title what is the point? This roster as of now wont win it
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I'm sure we won't be any worse off with this trade but we will need some time to (hopefully) restock the bench. Not to mention we need to find a starting center to replace Mozgof and a replacement for Billups down the line. Hopefully it can be Williams or Paul but I'm not sure that is plausible.

I just hope it all works out. Not a huge fan of the trade because of the assets we gave away but Melo will be fun to watch.
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep, we just have to add a role player or two and get some depth and we are title contenders.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who in the **** is going to play Center for New York?

Also, congrats to the Knicks on maybe becoming the 4th best team in the East.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you are not winning a title what is the point? This roster as of now wont win it
The knicks weren't winning a title this year anyways. But they increased their chances in the future by like, 500%

Sig by Me
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Who in the **** is going to play Center for New York?
Spike Lee???
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Donnie Walsh resigns over this. Dolan and Isiah totally screwed him over. Apparently.

He can come take over the Pistons and clear our contracts now.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The knicks weren't winning a title this year anyways. But they increased their chances in the future by like, 500%
No we increased Miami's chances in the future cause unless we have moves that can help us build a bench and quick we are not winning one any time soon.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No we increased Miami's chances in the future cause unless we have moves that can help us build a bench and quick we are not winning one any time soon.
A bench is overrated. Look at Miami.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Their starters are better and their bench is better. Miami is better then NY right now their is no argument.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think theres a draft in the NBA?

Sig by Me
Old 02-21-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
And when they get crushed by the Celtics in the playoffs, or, barring that, the Western Conference Champion in the Finals, they'll wish they had more of a bench.
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see it....not like the Knicks had any chance at winning a championship with their pre-trade team.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think theres a draft in the NBA?
This is one of the worst drafts coming up. What are you planning to get from it?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
CaneBang
Rookie

I think people are still forgetting about Chauncey in this trade. He's still a legit Top 10-12 point guard in the league and will make Amare look even better than Felton did if you ask me. He's a better scorer and has at least twice the vision of Felton too. Not as quick but will be a very underrated benificiary (?) to NY in this deal, at least for this season and maybe next year.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I don't see it....not like the Knicks had any chance at winning a championship with their pre-trade team.
You are right we had no chance pre-trade and as of right now we didn't increase it. Which usually would be the point in making a trade.