Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sound you just heard?

Oh, that was just jizz rocketing out of my dick. The Knicks are finally relevant again.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when is Carmelo actually going to suit up for the Knicks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he'll play vs the Bucks. But I'd imagine after that.

I grabbed tickets before the trade deadline to the Knicks/Cavs game at the Garden on Friday. I knew if I waited after the trade went down I'd probably pay a good chunk more for them.

Sweetness. Can't wait to see Melo in person.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think he'll play vs the Bucks. But I'd imagine after that.

I grabbed tickets before the trade deadline to the Knicks/Cavs game at the Garden on Friday. I knew if I waited after the trade went down I'd probably pay a good chunk more for them.

Sweetness. Can't wait to see Melo in person.
That's awesome, I had tickets to see the Nuggets play the Wolves in Minneapolis over Christmas break, but Melo was out of the lineup for a death in the family.

I bet the Garden'll be electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, how will the Knicks acquire CP3 now?

Only players under contract will be Stoudemire, Melo, and Balkman, I think. Don't think they'll have enough to sign him for a max deal, and a sign-and-trade would be...Balkman straight up?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
That's awesome, I had tickets to see the Nuggets play the Wolves in Minneapolis over Christmas break, but Melo was out of the lineup for a death in the family.

I bet the Garden'll be electric.
Yeah, i definitely saved some money. If you go to stubhub, the tickets are selling for double now that Melo is a Knick.

Center section 400 tickets are going for 110 bucks! Section 400! Those seats to a Knicks/Cavs game were going for 60 bucks before the trade deadline.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can get the same tickets to see the Wolves for 6.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I'm starting the "L.A. Double D - 2012" movement.

I wanna see a "Big 3" in LA.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I hope that's an exaggeration. The sad thing is...I'm not 100% sure if it is...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Hmm, how will the Knicks acquire CP3 now?

Only players under contract will be Stoudemire, Melo, and Balkman, I think. Don't think they'll have enough to sign him for a max deal, and a sign-and-trade would be...Balkman straight up?
And possibly Fields and Douglas has a team option.

It matters what the new CBA looks like (also if there's a franchise tag) and what the new cap # will be.

But the bottom line is that CP3 WANTS to be a Knick. And rumors have already begun that DWill does also...

Broussard (who has been absolutely money with his sources) said today that he's willing to bet the Knicks will end up with CP3 or Deron by 2012.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

It matters what the new CBA looks like (also if there's a franchise tag) and what the new cap # will be.

But the bottom line is that CP3 WANTS to be a Knick. And rumors have already begun that DWill does also...

Broussard (who has been absolutely money with his sources) said today that he's willing to bet the Knicks will end up with CP3 or Deron by 2012.
Which is why it was so huge to get Melo. Stat, Melo, and CP3 have been talking about making their own big 3 for over a year now.

I don't get why we're the only Knick fans who are loving the fact that we got Melo.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not, I bought lower-bowl tickets facing mid-court for 10 dollars.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Seriously? Why the hell aren't Wolves fans going to the games then? If it was that cheap, I'd go to every single home game!

I don't care how crappy my team is, I'd go just to watch the other teams stars. Plus it's always enjoyable watching games live. Especially for 10 measly bucks.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think NY should push hard for Deron 1st. He's gonna have a longer career, CP3 is constantly hurt(don't think I'd want to worry about STAT & CP3 both being healthy), and Deron still strikes me as a better distributor even though their assist numbers are the same.

Now if I overlooked injury concerns short term and long term give me CP3 by a slight margin, but seeing as how you can't do that with a longterm deal I'd be going after Deron as my 1st choice.

If they can get either, you have the best superstar tandem in the NBA. It's always easier when you have an elite PG to distribute the ball to two other elite scorers. In Miami Wade & Lebron both like to handle the ball and need the ball in their hand. In NY either of those PG's would have a field day and would easily avg over 11 assist per game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously? Why the hell aren't Wolves fans going to the games then? If it was that cheap, I'd go to every single home game!

I don't care how crappy my team is, I'd go just to watch the other teams stars. Plus it's always enjoyable watching games live. Especially for 10 measly bucks.
Exactly. I'm not even the biggest NBA nut like alot of people but NBA games are one of the most exciting sports games to go to, even if your home team is garbage, you always have some good teams coming into town. Plus it's a great place to take your girl on a date without having to be super bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is why it was so huge to get Melo. Stat, Melo, and CP3 have been talking about making their own big 3 for over a year now.

I don't get why we're the only Knick fans who are loving the fact that we got Melo.
Dude, me either... I... I just... I mean... it baffles me...

The prospect of HEAT (LBJ, Wade, Bosh) vs. NYK (Amare, Melo, CP3/Deron) year-in and year-out is beyond a dream sports scenario. It would be INCREDIBLE for a Knicks fan because although we'll be stacked, we still wouldn't be favorites... It would be beyond epic... And it's all going according to plan... there's no reason to think it won't happen.

Plus the excitement for the next two years. This is awesome lol
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Dude, me either... I... I just... I mean... it baffles me...

The prospect of HEAT (LBJ, Wade, Bosh) vs. NYK (Amare, Melo, CP3/Deron) year-in and year-out is beyond a dream sports scenario. It would be INCREDIBLE for a Knicks fan because although we'll be stacked, we still wouldn't be favorites... It would be beyond epic... And it's all going according to plan... there's no reason to think it won't happen.

Plus the excitement for the next two years. This is awesome lol
Well at least we don't have to hear about Gallo anymore. When Melo is droppin 30 a night for the next however many years and Gallo is in a Nugget uniform doing his pedestrian 16 a night, I think we'll all finally be in agreement about it.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Do you go to the Nets games? They have cheap seats like that as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well at least we don't have to hear about Gallo anymore. When Melo is droppin 30 a night for the next however many years and Gallo is in a Nugget uniform doing his pedestrian 16 a night, I think we'll all finally be in agreement about it.
Gallo is heading to the Clippers brospeh addai...
Old 02-22-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Exactly. I'm not even the biggest NBA nut like alot of people but NBA games are one of the most exciting sports games to go to, even if your home team is garbage, you always have some good teams coming into town. Plus it's a great place to take your girl on a date without having to be super bored.
Yup. Or even going with a couple of friends, get wasted and just enjoy the night.

I mean...i spend more than 10 bucks on lunch sometimes. To go to a game for 10 bucks? It's insane. I'd do it every night.

I can't go to as many Knick games anymore. I used to grab section 400 seats for like 50 bucks, hit up the truck parked right next to the garden for some lamb and rice after the game, hang out in manhattan for a little bit and head home after a fun night.

But now with section 400 becoming 100 bucks a ticket, I can't do that as much anymore.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We don't go because we realize that hockey >>> basketball. Also, it's no fun to see other teams stars when the game is out of hand by the middle of the 2nd quarter. Although I did see LeBron play twice when he was with the Cavs. Also, when tickets are that easy to get, you just think to yourself "I'll just go another time".
Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Gallo is heading to the Clippers brospeh addai...
That's actually a great move for the Clippers. As much as I kill Gallo, he's still a legit #3 option who gives you 100% each night and gets to the line.

I just hated him bc he was made out to be more than he was as a Knick. But he's actually a legit #3 and would improve the Clippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Do you go to the Nets games? They have cheap seats like that as well.
Yeah I did. Not as much as the Garden though bc what was nice about the Garden was you had Manhattan right outside after the game, you could chill in the city and do other things after the game, it made for a more enjoyable Friday night.

But now with ticket prices in the Garden going up, I may limit myself to maybe 3 at the Garden a year, and go to each Nets/Knicks game in NJ.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait until I'm in Miami. I'm going to be all over the Knicks/Heat games.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
We don't go because we realize that hockey >>> basketball. Also, it's no fun to see other teams stars when the game is out of hand by the middle of the 2nd quarter. Although I did see LeBron play twice when he was with the Cavs. Also, when tickets are that easy to get, you just think to yourself "I'll just go another time".

Hockey is not better than basketball djp, it's time you and other Minnesotans realize this.

The way things currently are though other than price I have more fun going to Wild games than Wolves games. The atmosphere is just better and we don't suck.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I can't wait until I'm in Miami. I'm going to be all over the Knicks/Heat games.
It's sad that even now, the Heat can't sell out their games. Just further proof that Florida (along with California) is a state filled with bandwagon fans.