Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DERON WILLIAMS SFSIOHFNUDIGjhdsjagnurgohdfndfdsnfidosgbasudif!!!! !!

WOW!
****, and we still have a ton of cap room. We can extend Deron, have Bropez and really need a wing scorer.
Extending Deron would be the key though, that'll be drama in itself come the summer.
but yea, getting a player arguably better than 'Melo, a guy who the Knicks want(again, won't get uber giddy unless he signs), and not giving all that much...Proky's smiling and kinda giving the middle finger to the Knicks.

but i dont even care about that, we got deronnnnnnn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big question will of course be if he signs an extension with the Nets. Favors was the Nets potential at a big star in the future, and with him gone there isn't much else outside of Bropez. Even then, Lopez hasn't developed into the big time player people expected. He's a solid piece and should improve with D-Will setting him up but that won't fix the fact that he's soft as **** and can't get a rebound to save his life.

That and for a 7 footer his FG% is pretty bad.

Still, great deal by the Nets.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
johnhollinger Deron Williams told me it was not his choice. He is stunned. Declined to do interview until he figures out what it all means.
I think this stunned everyone. like, EVERYONE. Hopefully Proky can convince him in the summer to sign. That would be HUGE.
but yea, I'm not surprised Deron is shell-shocked.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then he'll realize that he doesn't have to be in Utah for 7 months out of the year and he will rejoice.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Nets get Brandan Wright in this deal as well? I've seen it both ways. If so he's an interesting minor piece. Pretty efficient scorer in limited minutes, wonder if he could extend that into more play time given the opportunity. Then again I've heard (don't watch enough Golden State to know) that he doesn't give enough effort defensively and given the Warriors aren't exactly the best defensive team in the league...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love the deron williams trade WAY more then the carmelo trade!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
And then he'll realize that he doesn't have to be in Utah for 7 months out of the year and he will rejoice.
He'll have to be in Newark...ewww.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably a bigger fan of Harris than most, but I think this is a pretty good deal for the Jazz.

You weren't going to resign Deron anyway, and you can build a team around Harris, Al Jefferson, Mislap, and Favors.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
johnhollinger Deron Williams told me it was not his choice. He is stunned. Declined to do interview until he figures out what it all means.
Lol wtf, this is pretty crazy. Why in the hell would Utah let their HOF coach retire and then trade the franchise player? Seems like Deron doesn't have any desire to re-sign there, sounds pissed off now, and it's not like NJ is a contender.

I don't know why you'd give that up without at least getting a verbal that he'd re-sign with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He'll have to be in Newark...ewww.
he was in Utah for so long, a year and ahalf in newark won't be too bad, then he'll be in brooklyn! (I hope)

and I'm not sure if the Nets are getting brandon wright or not, i REALLY hope we do, he'd be nice to have off the bench behind humphries.

anyone know Deron and AK47's relationship? with that and the whole russian connection, one would think it could be a safe bet AK47 will be a Net next year
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm probably a bigger fan of Harris than most, but I think this is a pretty good deal for the Jazz.

You weren't going to resign Deron anyway, and you can build a team around Harris, Al Jefferson, Mislap, and Favors.
I'm a huge Harris fan, have been even before he was a Net. but we were rumored to get like Andre Miller and crap or caron butler for him, so I'm ok with this. Losing favors hurts though :(
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CHYESSSS. he will be a knickerbocker.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My initial thoughts were that NJ would go after Howard now but what do they do with Brook? Great deal for the Nets and smart move by the Jazz as well.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Do the Nets get Brandan Wright in this deal as well? I've seen it both ways. If so he's an interesting minor piece. Pretty efficient scorer in limited minutes, wonder if he could extend that into more play time given the opportunity. Then again I've heard (don't watch enough Golden State to know) that he doesn't give enough effort defensively and given the Warriors aren't exactly the best defensive team in the league...
The NJ/GS deal is seperate and still hasn't been completed according the Warriors beat writers who are disputing a lot of the reports out there. I guess the NJ/GS deal is a back up deal for both teams if nothing else happens from here till tomorrow:
Quote:
MSteinmetzCSN Again, Murphy & 2nd-round pick for Gadzuric, B.Wright not done. It's there if nothing better comes along for either team.
On Be Wright: I been a big fan of his but he has not been able to stay healthy once in his career. He has had some shoulder issues that have bothered him the past few seasons and it does not help that GS has drafted other big guys while he has been recovering pushing him down the bench. Aside from the injury issues he was drafted by the wrong coach to develop under.
You are right effective scorer in limited minutes and actually has pretty nice range at the top of the key. Not as good of a rebounder as you would like for someone with his length could be due to how small his frame is. Solid shotblocker.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons

"Hey Deron Williams - you just destroyed pro basketball in Utah, what are you doing next?" "I'm going to Disney World!"

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I liked Wright a lot in college, and with dealing Favors, we're thin as **** on the front line. We'd have Humphries and Bropez starting with Gadzuric and Petro backing them up...gross. Maybe even Outlol at PF. eww
so Wright would be a sweet get, even if we have to send a 2nd GS's way
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons

"Hey Deron Williams - you just destroyed pro basketball in Utah, what are you doing next?" "I'm going to Disney World!"

hahahaha this is pretty classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF is going on...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also apparently a done deal:

Kings Get: Marcus Thornton
Hornets Get: Carl Landry

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Deron signing an extension with NJ?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Is Deron signing an extension with NJ?
Nets can't offer an extension until after July 9th
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

enough nets talk. idk if it's been posted but melo will don the #7 jersey.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also apparently a done deal:

Kings Get: Marcus Thornton
Hornets Get: Carl Landry
Yeah this deal was in the works yesterday...

Not really bad for either side.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
enough nets talk. idk if it's been posted but melo will don the #7 jersey.
enough nets talk? the majority of this thread in the past year or so is:
Magic fans
monta ellis
Knick fans
melo drama (more knicks fans, mainly)
not being able to have an opinion because most of us can't dunk over a kia

being the lone nets fan, and just trading for a superstar, the Nets talk shall continue!
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean we can talk about them, but Scotty.. what will make him want to sign an extension? Who can they get next year in FA or does it even matter being 17-40?

He went to a worst team, just a better city I guess though Utah would be straight for me.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote