Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Green should come back to DC to play with Wall!

That would be ridiculous though, never thought about him on Ok City.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Magic need to do anything possible to make sure Dwight goes nowhere. Offer to make him co-owner of the franchise if they have to.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The Magic need to do anything possible to make sure Dwight goes nowhere. Offer to make him co-owner of the franchise if they have to.
If Miami wins a championship either this year or next and takes complete control of the state I can't see Dwight staying in Orlando other than loyalty because the Orlando roster is filled with big contract players who are in decline.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Jeff Green should come back to DC to play with Wall!

That would be ridiculous though, never thought about him on Ok City.
even before the Deron trade and everything, I've been wanting Jeff Green as a swing man for the Nets. He'd be a damn good 3 for us
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Miami wins a championship either this year or next and takes complete control of the state I can't see Dwight staying in Orlando other than loyalty because the Orlando roster is filled with big contract players who are in decline.
I doubt that it will be this year because I think Miami needs an offseason to add some more role players to get deep into the playoffs, but next year it is a possibility.

Still, the Magic need to keep him or they will become one of those dreaded eternally irrelevant teams that lie outside of the handful of mega teams...
Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see what Dwight does, because not a ton of teams will have cap space in 2012. The Knicks supposedly won't have enough for the max, Nets might be an option if they keep D-Will but I read that they don't have a better cap situation than the Knicks in 2012 either. Chatter about the Lakers, but unless he takes a massive paycut they've got Kobe and Gasol on the books so they really can't sign him outright and it'd be tough to force his way there like Carmelo did with the Knicks because of that. Not sure if Orlando takes back anything the Lakers have for him either. Of course I'd love to see him playing with D-Rose for my Bulls, trading Noah and somebody else to make the figures work and maybe giving Orlando some cap relief could maybe make sense...but it's definitely a pipe dream.

Also I know it's been mentioned before but I think it might make even more sense now, if Steve Nash elects to leave the Suns anybody think the Knicks would make sense? Probably wouldn't command the money that CP3 or D-Will would so it's easier with the cap figures after the Melo extension, come play for D'Antoni and with Howard again...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
even before the Deron trade and everything, I've been wanting Jeff Green as a swing man for the Nets. He'd be a damn good 3 for us
See now that is a guy who would be a solid get for NJ.. I mean Deron/Broseph/Jeff Green? Nothing crazy but I mean it would be one of the best things you could do.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he leaves. He's already as big as he can get super star wise and it's freaking Orlando. It's a fantastic situation for him as it is...He gets to play in Florida, make more money if he stays, and he has an active GM and a billionaire owner, not afraid to go deep into luxury tax territory. No reason to leave.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I doubt he leaves. He's already as big as he can get super star wise and it's freaking Orlando. It's a fantastic situation for him as it is...He gets to play in Florida, make more money if he stays, and he has an active GM and a billionaire owner, not afraid to go deep into luxury tax territory. No reason to leave.
I think someone already posted in here that he was quoted saying hes not resigning with with Orlando unless they win a title....he wants to play in NY or LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Orlando is strapped with some brutal contracts right now that will prevent them from contending in the future.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Jeff Green is that good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think someone already posted in here that he was quoted saying hes not resigning with with Orlando unless they win a title....he wants to play in NY or LA.
That's not true at all. He hasnt even talked about the situation, because up until recently, he couldnt even re-sign if he wanted to.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't think Jeff Green is that good.
Durant's presence has him forced into a role for which he is a poor fit in OKC. If he gets out to where he can play as a true 3, he would probably look a lot better.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Because Orlando is strapped with some brutal contracts right now that will prevent them from contending in the future.
meh...

They have Arenas and Turkoglu's contracts. And Howard and Turkoglu are very close. It's really not as bad as a lot of people think. Their only really disgusting contract is Arenas'.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Durant's presence has him forced into a role for which he is a poor fit in OKC. If he gets out to where he can play as a true 3, he would probably look a lot better.
Which is why I never understood why they drafted him in the same draft they got Durant...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh...

They have Arenas and Turkoglu's contracts. And Howard and Turkoglu are very close. It's really not as bad as a lot of people think. Their only really disgusting contract is Arenas'.
But that means that the soonest possible the Magic can be under the cap is the 2014/2015 season, and I'm not sure Howard wants to waste away his prime waiting for the Arenas and Turkoglu contracts to expire when he could step into different situations in which he is an instant title contender. The Clippers are another team who could sign him in 2012. D12+Blake 2gether would be and ESPN top 10 wet dream. I'm sure he has loyalty to the Magic and some of his friends there but I just don't see Orlando being the best chance for him to win in his career. Like you said all personal achievements he has, the thing he's missing is a title.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Indeed. They tried to play Green at the 3 for a while, but quickly found out that Durant is not a 2. So Green is playing out of position and is relegated to the 3rd option on that team. Green can be great elsewhere. At the 3, he'd actually be able to handle the ball more, he is a good passer, but you dont really get a chance to see that much on OKC. He could probably be a 20, 7, 3 guy in a more prominent SF role elsewhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron Williams has been traded to the Nets!!! Has that been discussed?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald Wallace it looks like might be headed to Portland.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Which is why I never understood why they drafted him in the same draft they got Durant...
BPA or something...One thing I've noticed about the NBA as opposed to the NFL draft is that the teams tend to go BPA 99.99999% of the time, regardless of position.

Plus, it's not like they knew Durant would be as good as he is right now. Better to overkill with talent than draft variety and have one or the other fail.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
But that means that the soonest possible the Magic can be under the cap is the 2014/2015 season, and I'm not sure Howard wants to waste away his prime waiting for the Arenas and Turkoglu contracts to expire when he could step into different situations in which he is an instant title contender. The Clippers are another team who could sign him in 2012. D12+Blake 2gether would be and ESPN top 10 wet dream. I'm sure he has loyalty to the Magic and some of his friends there but I just don't see Orlando being the best chance for him to win in his career. Like you said all personal achievements he has, the thing he's missing is a title.
They'll have talent and expiring contracts to trade...FA isnt the only way to grab talent. And I wouldnt just disregard his relationship with Otis Smith.

I'd seriously be shocked if he left. I dont see it happening at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They'll have talent and expiring contracts to trade...FA isnt the only way to grab talent. And I wouldnt just disregard his relationship with Otis Smith.

I'd seriously be shocked if he left. I dont see it happening at all.
I think if there is anything that we have learnt over the past year in the NBA is that loyalty and all stuff is total ******** and absolutely worthless
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I think if there is anything that we have learnt over the past year in the NBA is that loyalty and all stuff is total ******** and absolutely worthless
I'm not blind to that...but I really dont see it happening. I'd be shocked...that's all I'll say. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Indeed. They tried to play Green at the 3 for a while, but quickly found out that Durant is not a 2. So Green is playing out of position and is relegated to the 3rd option on that team. Green can be great elsewhere. At the 3, he'd actually be able to handle the ball more, he is a good passer, but you dont really get a chance to see that much on OKC. He could probably be a 20, 7, 3 guy in a more prominent SF role elsewhere.

I agree completely, Green is really alot better then he can showcase in OKC, he always seemed like a natural at the 3. Which is why I don't think they would short change it if he's traded, they should be able to get a pretty nice return if they decide to move him. I'd love to see Green on a team as the 2nd scorer, he'd fill up the stat sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm not blind to that...but I really dont see it happening. I'd be shocked...that's all I'll say. haha.
Rewind a year and replace every instance of "Dwight Howard" with "Lebron James" and "Orlando Magic" with "Cleveland Cavs" and it sounds awfully damn familiar....

This is the era of the SuperTeam and unless there are some major changes in the new CBA, I wouldn't be shocked by anthing anymore.

Actually, scratch that. I would be shocked if an elite young Superstar opted to accept an extension with his current team in lieu of going to a SuperTeam.