Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
meh...

They have Arenas and Turkoglu's contracts. And Howard and Turkoglu are very close. It's really not as bad as a lot of people think. Their only really disgusting contract is Arenas'.
I think Turk is a keeper. The chemistry he has with Dwight is one of the keys to us being successful. The good thing is that he waived his player option when he got traded from TOR to PHX, so his contract isn't as long as people think.

As for Arenas, I think the best thing Otis can do is give him an extension when his player option year arrives. Don't laugh. We saw Richard Jefferson give up his $15M player option in the offseason, for what? A longer deal that paid him less annually, but more over a longer period of time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want Arenas off the team sooner than later. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

100% guarantee that Williams will sign an extension with the Nets

Nets Front Office just forced the Knicks to throw the whole franchise at Melo and then swiftly go get DWill. I wonder if the plan was to get both though

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Arenas is the worst player in the NBA. I don't see why any team would want him on their team ever again.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Deron sign or agree to an extension with the Nets as a part of the deal?
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Rewind a year and replace every instance of "Dwight Howard" with "Lebron James" and "Orlando Magic" with "Cleveland Cavs" and it sounds awfully damn familiar....

This is the era of the SuperTeam and unless there are some major changes in the new CBA, I wouldn't be shocked by anthing anymore.

Actually, scratch that. I would be shocked if an elite young Superstar opted to accept an extension with his current team in lieu of going to a SuperTeam.
Lebron James is kind of a douche...who was playing in Cleveland, a **** hole. Not to mention, he's damned desperate for a championship. The situations are similar in a way, but there are a lot of differences at the same time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
100% guarantee that Williams will sign an extension with the Nets

Nets Front Office just forced the Knicks to throw the whole franchise at Melo and then swiftly go get DWill. I wonder if the plan was to get both though
Just wait till Melo signs with the Nets in the offseason( just imagine that haha...would be epic)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did Deron sign or agree to an extension with the Nets as a part of the deal?
He can't sign one until July 9th I think.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Lebron James is kind of a douche...who was playing in Cleveland, a **** hole.
No one really thought of LeBron of a douche before he went to Miami. You can obviously think what you want, but you are delusional if you think Howard is any different that LeBron, Bosh, Melo etc.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They drafted Green because 1 he has the PG county connection with Durant and they knew they'd be great friends but 2, look at the next 8 players drafted: Yi, Corey Brewer, Brandon Wright, Joakim Noah, Spencer Hawes, Acie Law, Thaddeus Young, Julian Wright. Needless to say they made the right choice. Sure the one guy who would have been a better pick would be Noah, but at the time drafting Noah at #5 would be pure insanity especially given their previous run of picks on offensively limited big men(Saer Sene, Johan Petro, Robert Swift) I'm pretty sure the only other guy who would have been considered would have been Yi.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I just want Arenas off the team sooner than later. lol.
He's playing through injury. I agree that he doesn't look good now, but there are several things going on that are pretty significant. The adjustment to the team, the crowded backcourt, the bench role, the structured system that Stan has vs the free flowing system he was coming from, and he's trying to "fit in" vs "lead".

When Jason Richardson is let go in the offseason, then there will be more opportunity for Arenas to benefit. I won't expect much from Arenas this season, but next year, once he's made a starter, then I will.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
No one really thought of LeBron of a douche before he went to Miami. You can obviously think what you want, but you are delusional if you think Howard is any different that LeBron, Bosh, Melo etc.
I guess I'm a no one then, lol. Anyways one thing I do find funny is how during the draft process Dwight Howard was making a big point to sell himself as a sort of crussader with his religion and how he was determined to get the cross on the NBA logo, then the 2nd he was drafted and got millions he dropped that, lol. Still though D12 is a great guy.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I def. thought he was a douche...love the player, never liked the vibe he gave off.

Dwight's no saint either...I'd just be really surprised if he left. He's actually in a really good situation as it is. Living climate plays a big role in these situations as well...and lets not pretend Denver or Cleveland is Orlando. All of these situations are unique in their certain ways...I think the chances that Dwight opts to leave are much lower than that of the previously mentioned. And that's not even because I'm a Magic fan.

If we lose him, we lose him. I'm a draft guy, I'll enjoy the rebuild. lol. Again though, I just dont see it. I have no delusions however, I'm taking a logical view on the whole situation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I know where Howard is going. Oklahoma City. My 2nd favorite team...and soon to be favorite team in 2012. mwahahahahahha!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
He's playing through injury. I agree that he doesn't look good now, but there are several things going on that are pretty significant. The adjustment to the team, the crowded backcourt, the bench role, the structured system that Stan has vs the free flowing system he was coming from, and he's trying to "fit in" vs "lead".

When Jason Richardson is let go in the offseason, then there will be more opportunity for Arenas to benefit. I won't expect much from Arenas this season, but next year, once he's made a starter, then I will.
Gilbert hasn't looked like the old Gilbert 4 years ago and 3 knee surgeries ago. The truth is you will never get back the old Gilbert, that man is long gone. I will say though that Gilbert needs to be a full time PG to succeed. He is no SG spot up shooter. Not saying he will ever be an allstar but if he becomes the starting PG he will look less like garbage.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

A starter? There is no guarantee that happens. I doubt we'd see a Nelson/Arenas backcourt and I doubt they'd move Nelson in favor of a struggling Arenas. He has been garbage, and he's pretty healthy. He's two years removed from surgery. Any health defects he's having now, probably arent going to go away.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know where Howard is going. Oklahoma City. My 2nd favorite team...and soon to be favorite team in 2012. mwahahahahahha!!!
They will use all their money to keep Westbrook & Durant Happy, I doubt they can make a serious offer for Dwight Howard in a couple years, if he tests the FA market

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight to PHX :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I guess I'm a no one then, lol. Anyways one thing I do find funny is how during the draft process Dwight Howard was making a big point to sell himself as a sort of crussader with his religion and how he was determined to get the cross on the NBA logo, then the 2nd he was drafted and got millions he dropped that, lol. Still though D12 is a great guy.
He's a bit of clown....they tried to sell him as some big religious guy, with insanely high morals. Some clean cut kid, who could do nothing wrong.

And then he knocks up that Magic dancer hoochy who's been known to get around. lol. Funny how that wasn't very publicized.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Dwight Howard should come to Toronto. He can think of himself as missionary to the Great White North.

Not to mention Bargs and D-Ho would be a sexy duo

:D
Old 02-23-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwight Howard should come to Toronto. He can think of himself as missionary to the Great White North.

Unless your on the run from the law, no one leaves Florida for Canada.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless your just heading over the border for some french fries and gravy.
Go Amare.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Unless your just heading over the border for some french fries and gravy.
Hell of a long trip from Florida to grab some snacks....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Lol. Your first response to Chucky was funny and true.. nobody wants to play there, but when you first said that the super troopers line popped into my head.
Go Amare.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They have Ed ******* Davis dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote