Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I ****** **** up with that. It was way overpowered at the point in the game...it was actually more powerful than my sniper rifle until I got the Spectre Master version of that.
But all of the Spectre Master weapons were overpowered. Compared to the first time I fought Saren or Matriarch Deanna Troi, robo-Saren was a pushover. I don't even think I even had to use a single medi-gel. Why? Because I had the Spectre Master assault rifle, and I think I put some IX power up's in it.

Although to be fair, I always gave every character in ME1 a Medical Interface of some sort.

Last edited by Crickett : 02-22-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
But all of the Spectre Master weapons were overpowered. Compared to the first time I fought Saren or Matriarch Deanna Troi, robo-Saren was a pushover. I don't even think I even had to use a single medi-gel. Why? Because I had the Spectre Master assault rifle, and I think I put some IX power up's in it.

Although to be fair, I always gave every character in ME1 a Medical Interface of some sort.
My first play through, I struggled badly with the Matriarch fight...this time through, Spectre Master pistol...she barely even scratched me.

I also have two rail extensions in it with Hammerhead rounds.....it's somewhat unfair, I admit.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spectre Weapons were game breaking to a certain extent. I had trouble with Benezia the first time through as well. Second time with Spectre stuff was absolutely pie.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many minute quarters do you guys play your NBA 2K11 association games on? I've had the game for a while, and still havent had a playing season yet. I really hate when my starters minutes are too low and my role players barely play. I was thinking maybe something like 10 minutes ; Superstar?

Also, I've asked before, but what camera angle do you guys use? I switch over to 2K and zoom it into 5.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-22-2011 at 11:08 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play 12 minute quarters with the regular default camera
Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I play 12 minute quarters with the regular default camera
Broadcast angle? bleh. I just cant do it.

I may try full minutes, if my scoring is low.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Broadcast angle? bleh. I just cant do it.

I may try full minutes, if my scoring is low.
I like the camera the way it is what is wrong with it?

Ya my scoring on 12 minute's is quite high but I play as the Knicks so its not that unrealistic.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I like the camera the way it is what is wrong with it?

Ya my scoring on 12 minute's is quite high but I play as the Knicks so its not that unrealistic.
I've been playing 2K since well 2K. And the original angle is the vertical angle. The "2K" angle in the game. The game just plays so weird, for me at least, using the broadcast angle. I'll never get used to that crap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've been playing 2K since well 2K. And the original angle is the vertical angle. The "2K" angle in the game. The game just plays so weird, for me at least, using the broadcast angle. I'll never get used to that crap.
Well I have been playing it since 09 and I have never needed to change the camera I like it I guess I am just crazy lol.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha. I'm just used to the other angle, I guess. If you want the best court vision...you should try the 2K angle or one of the others that are over the players shoulders.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
haha. I'm just used to the other angle, I guess. If you want the best court vision...you should try the 2K angle or one of the others that are over the players shoulders.
Na I am going to stick to my crazy person angle and try to score with just Melo and Amare cause outside of them the Knicks have no real scoring threat. Actually no wait some games I can go ape with Landry fields or Toney Douglas but other then those 4 odds are no 1 else will score.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many minute quarters do you guys play your NBA 2K11 association games on? I've had the game for a while, and still havent had a playing season yet. I really hate when my starters minutes are too low and my role players barely play. I was thinking maybe something like 10 minutes ; Superstar?

Also, I've asked before, but what camera angle do you guys use? I switch over to 2K and zoom it into 5.
I usually go with what gives my star player a chance for 30-40 points if he's really on, and my big men to get a realistic # of rebounds, which rounds out to 9 min quarters for me. I could do full quarters, play some then sim, but I love when I'm losing and I have to battle back to win the games. With 9 my rotation gets in, and stats across the board are realistic.

I've never given changing the camera angles a thought lol. Maybe I should try some new ones out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well I tried 10 minute quarters...not enough. Only had 35 team rebounds (cpu had 27) and 74 points. I could certainly boost it up to a full game.

Most shots by a single player was 13. I felt pressed for time, really. Difficulty isnt too bad, it feels a little too easy even though I lost. lol. Might have to bump it up to Hall of Fame. That said, most of my stats look pretty legit as is right now. 50% from the field...I'm cool with that, I just dont want to start going in the 60's every game. I need to get to the line more, for more realism.

I need to learn how to shoot with Jeff Green better, too.

For anyone who is curious....this is the ****** team/rotation I'm playing with.

PG Steve Nash
SG Demar Derozan
SF Francisco Garcia
PF Jeff Green
C Serge Ibaka

6th man PG/SG Leroy Hines (3rd overall pick)
SF Earl Clark
SG Jermaine Taylor
PF/C Andrew Tolliver
PF Luke Harangody

mmmmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I tried 10 minute quarters...not enough. Only had 35 team rebounds (cpu had 27) and 74 points. I could certainly boost it up to a full game.

Most shots by a single player was 13. I felt pressed for time, really. Difficulty isnt too bad, it feels a little too easy even though I lost. lol. Might have to bump it up to Hall of Fame. That said, most of my stats look pretty legit as is right now. 50% from the field...I'm cool with that, I just dont want to start going in the 60's every game. I need to get to the line more, for more realism.

I need to learn how to shoot with Jeff Green better, too.

For anyone who is curious....this is the ****** team/rotation I'm playing with.

PG Steve Nash
SG Demar Derozan
SF Francisco Garcia
PF Jeff Green
C Serge Ibaka

6th man PG/SG Leroy Hines (3rd overall pick)
SF Earl Clark
SG Jermaine Taylor
PF/C Andrew Tolliver
PF Luke Harangody

mmmmm.

What season are you in?

Also is there a way to determine who takes the most shots on the team, or who doesn't shoot that much, etc? Wasn't sure if they just got the simulated stats from whatever the ratings were. Sometimes you may have a higher rated player that isn't as good of a scorer, but more of a defensive presence. Sometimes you have a PG that wants to distribute more, is there any way to adjust these things or is it pre-set when you simulte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What season are you in?

Also is there a way to determine who takes the most shots on the team, or who doesn't shoot that much, etc? Wasn't sure if they just got the simulated stats from whatever the ratings were. Sometimes you may have a higher rated player that isn't as good of a scorer, but more of a defensive presence. Sometimes you have a PG that wants to distribute more, is there any way to adjust these things or is it pre-set when you simulte?
I'm in year 2. I simulated the first year...making some trades to my liking. That was the first game I've actually played with this team.

You can edit all kinds of ratings...how much a player shoots while simulating, depends on the "shot tendency" rating.

Press "A" on any player, select edit player, scroll over to "tendencies", adjust the shot tendency rating. The higher it is, the more they will shoot.

There is also a bunch of other ratings in there. Shot tendency being the most important, but you may want to edit how much some guys commit fouls. Under the "commit foul" rating. A lot of players wont play the minutes you set for them because this rating is way too high, so they're always in foul trouble. Pretty unrealistically high for a lot of players in the game.

There is also a "touches" tendency in there...crank it up, for whoever you want to dominate the ball more.

As for team customization...

Follow...

Coaching ; Gameplan ; Coach Profiles

You can customize everything. You can change the tempo, defensive pressure, which players/positions are favored during simulating. Whatever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh NBA games...I got NBA Live 2003 used for $.99 for the PS2 when I was a senior in high school. (The one with Jason Kidd on the cover.)

Did a fantasy draft to start off and basically had uber Vince Carter and scrubs. He was seriously overpowered...averaged like 40 points a game with him.

That game also had the worst rubber band AI I've ever experienced. I'd go on a 14-0 run where I could do no wrong, then the other team would go on a 12-0 run where not even the easiest shots would fall for me, while the comp would jack up ridiculous 3's over my best defenders that would fall every time. Got really annoying.....

....part of me kind of misses old sports games before they figured out how to add "realism."
Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlefield 3

Looks amazing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Dragon Age II people, watch this.

Looks like the demo wasn't canon.

Also supposedly more than two months old.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-23-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

March 11 right? I'll have to go preorder on one of my days off...
Old 02-23-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

March 8th. You still get some interesting DLC stuff if you do it too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
March 8th. You still get some interesting DLC stuff if you do it too.
Ha....probably requires a Hard Drive. **** that ****. Still pisses me off to this day that there was no indication of that on the game case anywhere.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, it probably does. Think I might have mentioned this before, not sure if it worked out or not, but a flash drive will likely do the trick for that stuff provided it meets the unpublished 360 standard.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, it probably does. Think I might have mentioned this before, not sure if it worked out or not, but a flash drive will likely do the trick for that stuff provided it meets the unpublished 360 standard.
You did, and I got an external hard drive, let the XBox format it...everything was going fine.

Put in the game disk, and it still said "this content requires an XBox Hard Drive" or something along those lines.

Such bitches. It's pure greed. You can import a character from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 and play both games in their entirety with no hard drive...but you can't do the same with an expansion pack? BS.

And even with all the games I've played, I haven't even used half of the memory the XBox comes with. I still have like 2.8 free.

So that takes me to my next question....who the **** actually needs a 120 hard drive? Buuuuuuuuull ****.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Mine got filled over the time from five years of save files and various bits and pieces of DLC. Upgraded my Xbox to a 250 GB hard drive and the ability to install games is a major, major plus for me. Really speeds things a long and generally makes the ride a lot smoother.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I doubt I'll ever play that much...I was always more of a PC gamer when I was younger. Then when I got to college, I stopped playing new video games because my money was going to booze and weed, and now that I've graduated and am working full time, I decided that going back to video games was a healthier alternative.....lol

But I plan on getting DA2, and ME3 later, and if I can afford it, I hope to talk my parents into helping me buy a really good laptop so I can play Skyrim on that. (Oblivion was unplayable for me without some mods to make it a little more Morrowind like....blegh.) So hopefully I'll be able to get that on PC.