Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Mine got filled over the time from five years of save files and various bits and pieces of DLC. Upgraded my Xbox to a 250 GB hard drive and the ability to install games is a major, major plus for me. Really speeds things a long and generally makes the ride a lot smoother.
Sure does. I can't play any games without installing them first onto my HD. Luckily I still have the 120 GB and it hasn't filled all the way up yet. I had a friend that got carried away putting a ton of CD's on his that took up space too fast, so I just put on games, delete demo's after a few months, and usually don't buy any games onto my HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like others have said installing the games to your hard drive is whats up, makes the loud ass xbox **** while making things load faster and run smoother in my experience i have the black 120gb hard drive one :S
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

misread **** as usual fodder ****

Last edited by TitansCJftw : 02-23-2011 at 10:32 PM.
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i asked this at some other point and probably deleted my post so i can't find it... but, can you install any HDD like you can on other systems, or does it have to be some crappy, branded POS?
You can. You just have to know your way around a screw driver. Haven't tried it personally and can't confirm you can do it with the newer slim model, but there's guides online as to how to do it.

EDIT:

I think I have a good ammount of hard drive information for everyone after reading up on some stuff. BeerBarron, what model of 360 do you have? The newer slim one or the older one?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-23-2011 at 10:42 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/ha...at-evolved-hd/

fapfapfapfapfap
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
That just tells me the new devs are too lazy to come with a story of their own for the game. A remake doesn't seem to bode well for the future of the franchise, imo.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you can do it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15097...e_cheap.htm l

Where I'm getting my information from. I think there's a list of compatible hard drives out there somewhere on the interwebz too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That actually sounds like a really interesting little project. Gotta appreciate the "Haha I'm too smart to be ****** over by Microsoft" feeling every chance you get.

BeerBarron, I think if you follow that guide and then pick up one of these you could have the answer to your hard drive problem.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my new 120 GB HD. The prices on these 360 HDs are ridiculous for the amount of space. But I got a pretty good deal on mine, so I wont complain. I'll never fill this thing up.

As for some other stuff...Gears of War 3 has finally been dated. September 20th is the firm release date. Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, and Arkham City must adjust accordingly. haha. RAGE will be out just a week sooner on the 13th. Gonna be a great Fall if they all hit their dates.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really don't like this release date shuffle crap. They're starting to take it to a new level. No one wants to compete with anyone anymore. I understand spacing out releases from BIG games like Cowla Duty and such, but the word is Epic did that in order to not compete with a potential Halo game coming out in a similar time frame. It's easier on my wallet to space things out(Except in March. Too much to play this month)....but it just bothers me when stuff like Deus Ex is done already and isn't coming out so as not to compete with Dragon Age 2.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt want to compete with the heavy hitters, either. Look at Alan Wake and Split Second, they got absolutely raped by Red Dead. Never release a game on the same date as a Rockstar game, that's freaking rookie.

Probably cost Alan Wake a sequel, and Remedy may not last that long either. They were really invested into the Alan Wake project. Its success was very important to them...and it kind of bombed. Worst release date they could have picked.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh... I prefer games not be released on the same day. When the season comes around, I'm usually looking to get one or two. If the two I want come out on the same day, there's no way I'm getting both because that has never worked out well for me in the past.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm actually glad Deus Ex got pushed back. I wasnt looking forward to picking up both it and Dragon Age 2 on the same day. I wouldnt even have touched Deus Ex for a couple of weeks probably.

As for something else...Anyone picking up Fight Night Champion? Game looks really good. I love the new gritty story mode they added. Now, they still have create a boxer career mode...but they added an actual story mode to the game, which is unrelated to their normal career mode. It's vulgar, sexy, and bloody. Looks good.

I cant get it on March 1st...because Dragon Age 2 is out on the 8th. But yeah, I'll def. pick it up eventually. The Fight Night games depreciate in price quickly...so it should be $40 before you know it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-23-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Same day I can understand. Releasing months later/sooner just irks me a bit.

I bought Alan Wake Day 1 and didn't purchase Red Dead Redemption because the spamming of commercials for it got on my nerves. It is sort of sad that there might not be a continuation of that story because of positioning....

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Same day I can understand. Releasing months later/sooner just irks me a bit.

I bought Alan Wake Day 1 and didn't purchase Red Dead Redemption because the spamming of commercials for it got on my nerves. It is sort of sad that there might not be a continuation of that story because of positioning....
I got Alan Wake day one as well...Red Dead a couple of weeks later. Alan Wake didnt exactly live up to my lofty expectations, but it was a good game. Combat was a bit too repetitive and their chapters were actually too long and should have been paced better. But it's a good game. Not nearly as good as I was hoping, but def. good. I really wanted more character interaction and a more emotionally driven story/characters. It was a little bit of a let down in that regard, and your wife disappears way too early for you to have any real connection or emotional attachment to. That said, I'm sure Remedy would nail a sequel if given the chance, but I think it's very much in doubt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Honestly; they really, really, REALLY should have put it out sooner. If they had put it out anywhere near where it was supposed to it would been a different story. The game was very good...but it would have looked a lot better if it had been put out in 2008. Felt a little dated as it stood.

I guess that's what happens when you literally change the game around completely multiple times though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That actually sounds like a really interesting little project. Gotta appreciate the "Haha I'm too smart to be ****** over by Microsoft" feeling every chance you get.

BeerBarron, I think if you follow that guide and then pick up one of these you could have the answer to your hard drive problem.
I have the slim version. I'm not sure what that thing is in the link though...a hard drive case?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PLaying CoD4, God I still love this game so much. Always fun to go back to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first in-game look at ESV comes out at 10 AM (EST), one and a half hours from now. I'm pumped.

http://www.bethsoft.com/elder_council_wallpaper/
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I have the slim version. I'm not sure what that thing is in the link though...a hard drive case?
Yeah. I think as long as you find a compatible hard drive, you should just be able to slide it right in provided you get the right firmware.

This guide has some information.

So yeah, provided the hard drive is compatible, you should be able to just slide it right in. The case is just an aesthetic thing really as it doesn't fit perfectly without it, but would still work.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-24-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
The first in-game look at ESV comes out at 10 AM (EST), one and a half hours from now. I'm pumped.

http://www.bethsoft.com/elder_council_wallpaper/
Damn. I'm going to have to miss that. I'm sure someone will capture it though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-24-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

....And of course elderscrolls.com crashed at 10.

EDIT: Here it is, looks amazing.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 02-24-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
....And of course elderscrolls.com crashed at 10.

EDIT: Here's a link, looks pretty epic.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/elder...ot;watchlink;1
Wow. It's amazing how much they've improved the character models. Graphics overall have improved a TON, but the character models versus the ones in Oblivion are night and day. Animations look good too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oblivion was totally the most boring game ever...but Skyrim does look awfully pretty.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I wasn't a big fan of Oblivion. I always end up liking Bethesda RPG's much less than I initially expect myself to, with the exception of Morrowind. Part of that really has to do with how dog ****** the engine they've been building these games in has been. I outright couldn't finish New Vegas because of how sick of Gamebryo I was. Sort of exciting that they've managed to put together this new in house engine and they'll finally be able to make the game the way they want it to be without any limitations from dated(and ****** at the time) technology.

Actually, that's not really fair to say that engine is to blame. Other devs have found ways to make better products with it. I guess it just wasn't a good fit for Bethesda.

Also;

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 02-24-2011 at 09:55 AM.