Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with him driving as he's obviously unbelievable at it....but when teams collapse on him he has to dish i.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick NBA thoughts:

Deron Williams > Carmelo Anthony. The Nets won this trade saga in my opinion. If I was building my team Deron Williams would fall just behind the top tier for my first choice; but to acquire one of, if not the, best PG in league is an astounding move considering most thought the Nets would come away empty handed.

I think an x-factor, for the rest of the season, is whoever acquires Troy Murphy after he is bought out. He may not have gotten along with Avery Johnson and hasn't played well, but he is a legit 15/9 6'11" PF who can hit threes and spread the floor. According to what I've read Boston, New York and Miami are all chomping at the bit to sign him.

Why are the Nuggets hoarding Raymond Felton? It is time to turn the reins over to Ty Lawson, who I feel will be a special player. There is no sense in having both of them when there are teams in the league that would kill for a decent PG. (spoken as an angry Felton fantasy owner)

The Magic are in real, real trouble. Losing to a Kings team without Tyreke Evans, on the second night of a road back to back? That is horrible. They've looked lousy as of late. Now they are stuck with a mediocre roster and a outrageous salary. Adios Dwight Howard.

Last edited by Shiver : 02-24-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I classify D-Rose in that Allen Iverson mold. Lets not forget Iverson averaged around 30 ppg/8apg for a couple of seasons. While Rose is a capable passer he will always have a score first mentality. Not saying one style is better than the other but Drose is a combo guard with the best connotations of that word. He'll never be a CP3, Deron, or even John Wall type player who is pass first score 2nd. Doesn't mean that he won't be better than all 3 of them in fact IMO I'd argue he's the best guard in basketball right now not counting Kobe.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Quick NBA thoughts:

Deron Williams > Carmelo Anthony. The Nets won this trade saga in my opinion. If I was building my team Deron Williams would fall just behind the top tier for my first choice; but to acquire one of, if not the, best PG in league is an astounding move considering most thought the Nets would come away empty handed.

I think an x-factor, for the rest of the season, is whoever acquires Troy Murphy after he is bought out. He may not have gotten along with Avery Johnson and hasn't played well, but he is a legit 15/9 6'11" PF who can hit threes and spread the floor. According to what I've read Boston, New York and Miami are all chomping at the bit to sign him.

Why are the Nuggets hoarding Raymond Felton? It is time to turn the reins over to Ty Lawson, who I feel will be a special player. There is no sense in having both of them when there are teams in the league that would kill for a decent PG. (spoken as an angry Felton fantasy owner)

The Magic are in real, real trouble. Losing to a Kings team without Tyreke Evans, on the second night of a road back to back? That is horrible. They've looked lousy as of late. Now they are stuck with a mediocre roster and a outrageous salary. Adios Dwight Howard.
I agree with mostly everything you said except I want to differ a little bit with Lawson. I think he can be a pretty good player but not great. I think he does deserve the chance to start and I think he'll do pretty good..but I wouldn't say he'll be special...but that's just my opinion.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new NBA CBA will have a franchise tag. Sorry to those hoping Dwight will leave Orlando.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The new NBA CBA will have a franchise tag. Sorry to those hoping Dwight will leave Orlando.
Unless instead of a franchise tag they go with a hard cap. In which case Dwight would 100% be leaving Orlando.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listen, I know I am the last guy who u would expect this to say. But I hate this man. Yeah, I ******* love my team has 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and 3 of the top IDK.....40, don't exactly know where I would put Bosh. But, I hate it man. LeBron ****** Cleveland over man, Bosh ****** Toronto over, Melo ****** Denver over, and Utah got rid of Williams before it could get ****** over. Cuz truth be told all 4 of those dudes were the guys they called their franchise. I know I am sounding like a hypocrite, but trust me I know if the shoe is on the other foot, I know ur pissed. I hate the fact that Melo got to go to New York like he wanted. Glad Fields went away cuz he pretty much said he would go to only New York before playing a game in the ******* NBA. Too many players are getting to name their trade destination. Sure, I know they can sign FA, but technically speaking: Bosh and James were trades too. So yeah, **** man, I get it.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done with the Wolves. Just... done. To come out like after the All Star break is beyond pathetic. 100% hockey here on out.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I agree with mostly everything you said except I want to differ a little bit with Lawson. I think he can be a pretty good player but not great. I think he does deserve the chance to start and I think he'll do pretty good..but I wouldn't say he'll be special...but that's just my opinion.

True, maybe a little bit of the Vodka talking. But I do like his game a lot.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of the super teams either. I wouldnt even want three super stars on my team. I've already soured on the regular season a bit. Because for really good teams...it's damned pointless. It's just a long practice period until the playoffs. Basketball can actually lose a lot of fan support with the formation of a few of these super teams. Sure, make basketball relevant for three teams every year. Fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Listen, I know I am the last guy who u would expect this to say. But I hate this man. Yeah, I ******* love my team has 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA and 3 of the top IDK.....40, don't exactly know where I would put Bosh. But, I hate it man. LeBron ****** Cleveland over man, Bosh ****** Toronto over, Melo ****** Denver over, and Utah got rid of Williams before it could get ****** over. Cuz truth be told all 4 of those dudes were the guys they called their franchise. I know I am sounding like a hypocrite, but trust me I know if the shoe is on the other foot, I know ur pissed. I hate the fact that Melo got to go to New York like he wanted. Glad Fields went away cuz he pretty much said he would go to only New York before playing a game in the ******* NBA. Too many players are getting to name their trade destination. Sure, I know they can sign FA, but technically speaking: Bosh and James were trades too. So yeah, **** man, I get it.
I understand your point in all about these stars are screwing franchises over to get there way (though I do not agree in the Melo case since Denver got more for him then anyone thought)

But what in the hell are you talking about with Landry Fields?? where did he go?

Do you know something I don't ?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are the stars "screwing a franchise over" again? They get drafted by a team and play out their contract, if they don't want to re-sign, it's their choice and the team makes a move to trade them. Where in that scenario does it involve a superstar screwing a team over? Some people view it like in the NFL, teams can screw over the players and hold a player hostage.

I'd much rather give the players the choice. Not everyone is gonna decide to test FA, but I hardly see it as them screwing a team over if they choose that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Melo and Deron didn't screw over their franchises as it seems like they made their intentions known and in an appropriate matter, but but those teams would have much rather retained those players.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How are the stars "screwing a franchise over" again? They get drafted by a team and play out their contract, if they don't want to re-sign, it's their choice and the team makes a move to trade them. Where in that scenario does it involve a superstar screwing a team over? Some people view it like in the NFL, teams can screw over the players and hold a player hostage.

I'd much rather give the players the choice. Not everyone is gonna decide to test FA, but I hardly see it as them screwing a team over if they choose that route.
When you have every intention of not resigning with the team, but keep leading the team on like you are considering it is kind of scummy. Not to mention I don't think you can say thses players really played out their contract. LeBron and Bosh both quit on their teams while under contract
Old 02-24-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Quick NBA thoughts:

Yet Melo expressed heavy interest to sign a long term deal, Deron has said no such thing. This is a huge facepalm for NJ if he doesn't re-sign, and it's certainly not a given 1 way or the other. Not sure how you can just compare them in black and white and forget that crucial note.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
When you have every intention of not resigning with the team, but keep leading the team on like you are considering it is kind of scummy. Not to mention I don't think you can say thses players really played out their contract. LeBron and Bosh both quit on their teams while under contract
That's not what Melo did and his name was mentioned in that quote by yoda saying he ****** Denver over. Also, Cleveland knew there was a good chance Lebron might not re-sign, he said he was gonna hit FA and weigh his options all along. This was no secret. You want to wait it out and hope for the best? Cool. But putting the whole "decision" debacle aside he said for a long time what he was gonna do and they had plenty chances to trade him if he didn't want to commit to a contract.

Yea it may have been bad PR or whatever you wanna call it, but it certainly didn't catch Cleveland off guard. Maybe these guys did consider re-signing once they hit open FA, maybe not, but the teams also knew the flip side of letting your all star hit FA in the first place.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Melo and Deron didn't screw over their franchises as it seems like they made their intentions known and in an appropriate matter, but but those teams would have much rather retained those players.
Agree with Chuckles. They let their teams know that they weren't hanging around post free agency, so unless they thought that they were winning it all this season, it would be in the team's best interest to trade them.

I contrast this to LeBron and his douchebag move to wait until the last minute to sign with Miami, in the process completely screwing over the Cavs. There are ways to do things, and he did it completely wrong.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

It is pretty evident at this point that the whole Bosh-LeBron-Wade to Miami had been planned for a while, and I clearly said I think the Melo thing is different.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I agree. A player can't be trapped forever. That's why I suggest a Limited Franchise Tag. It could only be used once rookie contracts are over. Not for players who were brought to the team via FA. Teams can use it up to 2 years and either work out a long term deal or let him go.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It is pretty evident at this point that the whole Bosh-LeBron-Wade to Miami had been planned for a while, and I clearly said I think the Melo thing is different.
haha. Don't be naive. CP3 is joining them in NY too.

It's Leon Rose's world and we just live in it.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe!!!!!!!!!!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
haha. Don't be naive. CP3 is joining them in NY too.

It's Leon Rose's world and we just live in it.
Don't think(or at least hope and pray) that the new CBA will allow that to realistically happen
Old 02-24-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Don't think(or at least hope and pray) that the new CBA will allow that to realistically happen
I'm with you on that one. All of our talk is pretty much irrelevant until that CBA is done. Fun talk for sure, but we have to take it with a grain of salt.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't understand the Landry Fields thing from Yoda's post. Does anyone else get it?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it was evident to the Cavs until the Decision. A heads up would have enabled the team to pursue some real free agents.

I think those three had planned it for awhile and they and Miami knew what was going on.

That is a huge difference in how you treat your old team/coworkers/friends.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote