Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default My prediction for David Carr

He's going to be the next Rich Gannon. Gannon spent the first seven years of his career failing, being cut, and being a nobody. Granted, David Carr had a lot more hype coming into the league and was picked much higher, but so far it appears to me like Carr's potential has just not been realized and it'll take one good coach and team duo to help Carr succeed at his natural limit.

For Gannon, it was Gruden and the Raiders. For Carr, who knows, but seeing him play twice a year for his whole career (I'm a Colts fan so I see him play as much or more than anyone not in Houston) I'm convinced that he was not the problem, the rest of the system was. If I had 1.8 seconds to throw the ball because my line couldn't hold a High School juvie squad, I wouldn't be putting up great numbers and lots of victories either. Not to mention who was on that offense to help besides Andre Johnson?

I think in a few years we'll be seeing Carr in a Pro Bowl or two, probably leading an NFC team to some moderate success. If not, well, I guess I was wrong.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BLACKnGOLD
Veteran

BLACKnGOLD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Carr and Gannon are completely differentn scenarios. Gannon was good because he was cerebral and accurate, and had good instincts despite average physical skills. Carr has superb physical skills, but he has no anticipation skills and has made little progress in reading defenses.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKnGOLD View Post
I think Carr and Gannon are completely differentn scenarios. Gannon was good because he was cerebral and accurate, and had good instincts despite average physical skills. Carr has superb physical skills, but he has no anticipation skills and has made little progress in reading defenses.
Patrick Ramsey syndrome
Old 03-26-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm...it's weird that some of the Colts fans think that Carr wasn't the problem...yet the Jags, Titans, and Texans fans think that he was.

I dunno. From what I saw of Carr, the only team he every played well against was the Jags.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If my team had a good O-Line and was in need of a quarterback, I'd be pulling hard for David Carr.

I just can't help but think that he didn't get a fair shot. Same way I felt about Tim Couch.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he goes to the Vikings they have a pretty good line and running game I think he could be a great fit there I still believe he can be a legit starter maybe not a pro bowler but starter.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
If my team had a good O-Line and was in need of a quarterback, I'd be pulling hard for David Carr.

I just can't help but think that he didn't get a fair shot. Same way I felt about Tim Couch.
Tim Couch should have never been drafted in the first round. He put up huge numbers in a gimmick offense, and never learned how to read a defense properly. He had above average mobility, but an average arm.

Seriously. How the hell did Couch get drafted before McNabb, who was a better prospect in just about every way?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Tim Couch should have never been drafted in the first round. He put up huge numbers in a gimmick offense, and never learned how to read a defense properly. He had above average mobility, but an average arm.

Seriously. How the hell did Couch get drafted before McNabb, who was a better prospect in just about every way?
The way couch was treated in cleveland was exactly what you shouldn't do with a QB. The same is for Carr.

He wasn't given enough talent
He wasn't given enough protection
His coaches constantly altered the schemes he was in
He had coordinator changes
He had coaches changes
He never had fan support
Never been able to get 3 full years in one system without changes.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Con
Rookie

Con hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I hope he goes to the Vikings they have a pretty good line and running game I think he could be a great fit there I still believe he can be a legit starter maybe not a pro bowler but starter.
childress already said he will not go after carr. *sigh there goes the vikings chances.
Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yah I'm curious as to why the Vikes didn't go after him...they have the best OL out of QB hungry teams [how good is the Dolphins line? I didn't see them play much this past year]

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post

Yeah we don't know what he can do with a decent line

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe his main problem is his intangibles, specifically his leadership. Carr just doesn't seem to inspire much confidence in his teamates and you could see that when some of the other Texans began to turn on him last year.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think he'd be a nice pickup in Carolina or Minnesota

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

this comparison doesnt make much sense.Gannon was never given the shot that Carr has been given.Gannon tore his rotator cuff was out of football for a year and when he first came into the league the Pats tried to convert him to safety.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Yeah we don't know what he can do with a decent line

Sure we do. He showed you this year.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always been a supporter of David Carr. He is on a team that cant back him up. I am not like some fans that think every other teams players in there division suck. I feel sorry for Carr. He is better than what is shown. He will succeeed and the Vikings is a great guess at where he will end up. I have a likeing for the Dolphins so I would hope he goes there.

*My Dad is a huge Dolphins and Saints fan*

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Carr could be successful down the road. I agree, I think is was an example of system, not talent. I think a good fit for him would be the Ravens, actually, and I think he could be in a Pro Bowl if he plays like he is capable of.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I didnt get to see him play often but when I did I flat out saw him just miss too many receivers to feel good about bringing him in. I love his potential, but its not like the Raiders have a good OL and if you cant hit an open target on a consistent basis you wont succeed at QB in the NFL.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Carolina sounds like a good fit for him because they have been a good team for a while despite their stutter this past season. I think sitting behind a veteran like Delhomme for a year or two would do him good.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
JC the Savior
Rookie

JC the Savior hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Carr would be a GREAT fit in Carolina.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let him sit behind Huard for a year in KC
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He should either go to the Raiders or Dolphins.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think miami could be an interesting place for him. Specially if Capers still believes in him and likes his potentials. Cameron did very well with developing Rivers out there in S.D. and runs a good system that should help out a Carr type passer. I could see him turn into a drew brees type of QB (not a top 5 type QB but a good quality QB).
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Carolina would probably be the best situation for him. He can sit back and not have pressure to surpass Jake Delhomme, ease into the system, play with a great receiver like Steve Smith, have a better overall system around him, and when Delhomme inevitably starts to crumble, swoop in and have a real chance.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how about Raiders? we have a great OL, only thing is that we have allowed 72 sacks last season. but it was not the OL fault;)