Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's be honest, he was never a realistic option.

AJ Hawk is more realistic than him. Hawk actually had a good year too, he intrigues me a little.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is so awesome. Slow day at work, and I'm breaking down Giants preseason games.

If you guys want to know anything about any player in particular, let me know. Keep in mind I can't realistically tell you about DBs from the TV angle.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Giantsnation,

The next phase in the pre-draft process has arrived! Enjoy the combine, and lets hope we can set up our pre-draft boards with confidence after this phase.
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't have enough patience to sit and watch all the drills. I'm just gonna focus on the linebackers.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so if the raiders let zach miller hit the open market, how would you guys feel if we brought him in? i love me some zach miller
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Love Zach Miller. It all depends on if we have a cap or not and how much he'll cost.

As much as I like the guy, there might be cheaper options in the draft, so it really depends on the cap for me personally.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Love Zach Miller. It all depends on if we have a cap or not and how much he'll cost.

As much as I like the guy, there might be cheaper options in the draft, so it really depends on the cap for me personally.
You think he'd cost a lot? I've also always thought he could be a somewhat low cost huge reward signing. He puts up decent production while playing with a collection of the absolute worst QBs known to man over the past 4 years.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You think he'd cost a lot? I've also always thought he could be a somewhat low cost huge reward signing. He puts up decent production while playing with a collection of the absolute worst QBs known to man over the past 4 years.
You don't have to tell me, I LOVE Zach Miller. But FAs are always more expensive than they should be, that's the problem.

And I can see teams overspending for him in a relatively weak TE class.

Not to mention I'm less inclined to spend a good chunk of change on a player who won't be used that much in our offense. Again, it all comes down to the CBA for me, if there's no cap, I'm all for it.

But if there is a cap, I'm still for it, but only for the right price. At the end of the day, Miller isn't a seam stretcher type like the Finleys of the world.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shockey took and passed his physical with the Phins.. I wonder if Plax and him are coordinating being down in the M.I.A.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Miller would get a big contract on the open market. Look at what Shiancoe got for crying out loud.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The way the current contracts are going right now (John Henderson 2 years 8 mill?!) there's no way Miller will be worth his contract if there's a salary cap.

We're going to have to save our money and sign our own guys back, and just build through the draft. No need for outside FAs in that kind of market.

Again, if there's no cap then sure, but with a cap, I think we're gonna have to be more frugal.

Seeing that figure for Henderson makes me question if I even want to resign Boss if there's going to be a cap. Boss is so replaceable, I don't want to pay him big bucks with a cap in place.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Coughlin said Center is a position of need.

Sounds like maybe we're going to draft a Center after all?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coughlin said Center is a position of need.

Sounds like maybe we're going to draft a Center after all?
Smoke screen perhaps? I hope not, I want us to draft a center! I wanted Mangold, and now i want this Penn state guy. Give me a stud center, who with our OL coach and in our system, would be a sick player for us.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Smoke screen perhaps? I hope not, I want us to draft a center! I wanted Mangold, and now i want this Penn state guy. Give me a stud center, who with our OL coach and in our system, would be a sick player for us.
Wisniewski isn't a stud center, though. He may be there in the second with our pick though. Basically, I see him more of a Shaun O'Hara type. A guy who will never really dominate but plays pretty well for a long time.

If Mike Pouncey is there in the second it would be interesting. There are A LOT of conflicting reports on him, though. Some people think he's his brother (because they're twins) but really they aren't that similar. He lacks strength at the POA and isn't nearly the prospect his brother is. Probably will be over drafted though.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like Pouncey. Stay away please Reese.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pouncey would be fine...at guard. dude can't snap, that's the last thing we need
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I think it comes down to the prospect and how he would fit in our given system, with our specific pass protections we install, and our position coach and how well he can work with him. So that adds to whether we draft him or not. He may not be the perfect prospect but added to our system given the components i mentioned above, how does he improve or decline based on that. We have a great system, and good pass protection schemes. On top of that we have a great OL coach, who is still here. So I would weight the prospect and give him a grade, and then take that grade and see how it translates to our team, system, and scheme specifically.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=400171
Possibility kiwi wont play again
Old 02-26-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

DE it is then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Reese said today that Kiwi is medically cleared to play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Reese said today that Kiwi is medically cleared to play.
nice, can we please tag and then trade then? this draft isnt amazing, but we just have to fill a few holes in order to be a playoff caliber team. Do you think Kiwi could fetch a 1st because of a weaker class and then have a pick next year based on incentives? I'm thinking we get a 1 and a baseline 4, then with the possibility to get a 3 in next years draft.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is so awesome. Slow day at work, and I'm breaking down Giants preseason games.

If you guys want to know anything about any player in particular, let me know. Keep in mind I can't realistically tell you about DBs from the TV angle.
Ramses Barden?
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
nice, can we please tag and then trade then? this draft isnt amazing, but we just have to fill a few holes in order to be a playoff caliber team. Do you think Kiwi could fetch a 1st because of a weaker class and then have a pick next year based on incentives? I'm thinking we get a 1 and a baseline 4, then with the possibility to get a 3 in next years draft.
D-Line is the deepest part of this draft and nobody in their right mind will give us a first for an oft injured Kiwi.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It only takes a few hrs to get clearance for Kiwi lol
Old 02-27-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
something like this would never happen, they will either sign him or get a comp pick next year for letting him walk (Provided the CBA works the same)
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote