Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Redskins offer No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

KFFL posted: Redskins | Redskins | Team offers No. 6 overall pick for Briggs
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:10:10 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Washington Redskins have offered the No. 6 overall pick to the Chicago Bears for LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6613558

Wow....
Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What on Earth?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

baaah waahhh, blasphemy.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it does leave more options for the Falcons. I am all for it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that makes briggs worth the 16th pick in this draft. omgz

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

WOW. That is crazy.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW!!!!! I don't know what to think of that. It would be a big time win for the Bears considering Briggs has no desire to be there

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, that better be false.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
portis_clinton
Rookie

portis_clinton hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think they could do it without adding something else.

6 = 1600

31 = 600

Lance Briggs = 1000? I don't think so.

With that said, one of our biggest defensive problems was just tackling. I wouldn't be in favor of this trade, but I wouldn't be extremely mad if it happened.
portis_clinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

They move up 25 spots in the 1st I would do it.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Daonly

Who you think the bears will target at numnber 6? Quinn? Peterson,mauybe landry?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I just saw that on NFL.com. Skins are morons, what a god awful trade. I would have no respect for them at all if they pulled that trade. Then they'd have to pay tons and tons of money for him too. I'd expect Briggs, this years first and a conditional, plus next years 1st. We're talkin serious amounts going from the 31st overall to 6th.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the bears get up there, they gotta find a way to take Quinn if hes available past #2.

They have been lacking a franchise QB forever...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by letting Thomas Jones go it seems that the Bears like what they have in Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson. Immediately I thought LaRon Landry. Maybe Levi Brown? Okoye? Branch? Ginn?
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
Who you think the bears will target at numnber 6? Quinn? Peterson,mauybe landry?
If it happens, as much as most Bears fans don't like it, you will probably see this man in Chicago.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i could see them picking up laundry if they had the 6th pick
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see it happen. I'm guessing Washington would get a 3rd rounder or something to. because they did say they were looking to trade down, I just didn't know it was this far.

Bears need to find a way to get up to #2 and get Quinn. Rumor was that the Lions wanted to get down to 5 or 6 to get 1 of the DEs so they might be able to pull something off.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Maddenhero
Rookie

Maddenhero hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think if the bears get up there, they gotta find a way to take Quinn if hes available past #2.

They have been lacking a franchise QB forever...
Technicallly this was Rex Grossman's "rookie" season.. If he does bad this season, there's no excuses. Grossman is their franchise quarterback for now, you can't judge him after his "first" season.
Maddenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'd love to see it happen. I'm guessing Washington would get a 3rd rounder or something to. because they did say they were looking to trade down, I just didn't know it was this far.

Bears need to find a way to get up to #2 and get Quinn. Rumor was that the Lions wanted to get down to 5 or 6 to get 1 of the DEs so they might be able to pull something off.
Do u guys think the bears could also take CJ if they moved up to 2
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO, If the redskins do this ill be pissed, they dont need to make the Bears any more better.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
If it happens, as much as most Bears fans don't like it, you will probably see this man in Chicago.

Look at him flexing his biceps for the camera.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
407Niner
Rookie

407Niner hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

From what I see the Lions on Draft Day could possibly end up trading back to 4 so the Bucs can secure CJ obvisously if Oakland doesn't grab him and they could just pick Gaines Adams there.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh. My. God. Please pull the trigger.

This may be true because NFL network reported that Briggs and his agent met with Angelo today.

We have been speculating in the Bears forum that Angelo might trade up now that he has job security and can take more risks. Rex Grossman is a FA after this year and Angelo hasnt been as high on him as Lovie.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of things.

1)I don't believe it. Rosenhaus has been saying that numerous teams are interested, including the Redskins, and all teams have subsequently denied it.

2)If it is....holy ******* ****.

3)I would love Brady Quinn, but it won't happen. I really have no idea who we would target at 6. That would be interesting.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this happens the Redskins can officially say they have no have no interest in building from within and will mortgage each season as a must win. This is ridiculous and the league needs to make Snyder sell the franchise. Of course it would be a steal for the Bears....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote