Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
The Redskins are fairly loaded at linebacker, I don't understand this. Not to say they couldn't improve but they have London Fletcher - getting older, Lemar Marshall - not the greatest tackler, Jeff Posey - old veteran, Marcus Washington - almost 30, but still amazing, Rocky McIntosh - will be a stud soon, Warrick Holdman - warrick who, Khary Cambell - special teams at best.. Unless they're planning on making a 2-5 defense or something I don't really understand why they would pull this trade off.

well, thats what i think of the LB core

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've already said I doubt it, but how is it delusional when numerous front office people from the Redskins are publicly discussing it. It sounds at least pretty possible that they are talking turkey, and they don't have any other picks to make it happen.
Also Briggs and Rosenhause met with JA today, after JA has said publicly that long term contract negotiations are over.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, after re-reading the article I think it has a lot more bite.

Quote:
When asked about such an offer Redskins owner Dan Snyder confirmed to FOXSports.com that he in fact wanted to make the move and they were waiting to talk to Chicago. In fact, Snyder spent a couple of minutes talking to Briggs, who showed up with Rosenhaus at the meeting.

Snyder and football operations man Vinny Cerato left to find head coach Joe Gibbs regarding the deal. But before leaving Rosenhaus informed Cerato that he in fact spoke with the Bears and they were waiting an official call from the Redskins.
Considering that the Redskins have no other picks to talk turkey, that's probably the deal.

All this being said, I really don't think it's THAT bad of a trade. Briggs is a top 5 linebacker in my opinion. He's not some regular joe. Most of you guys were ******** bricks about how cheap the Bears when they wouldn't give him an extension and now he's dirt cause the Redskins are interested in him?

I can't believe I'm sort of sticking up for the Redskins.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those spaces must have been brutal to type, BlindSite......

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can u imagine a DT pairing of Branch at NT and Tommie at UT. OMG that would be impossible to stop
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Considering that the Redskins have no other picks to talk turkey, that's probably the deal.

All this being said, I really don't think it's THAT bad of a trade. Briggs is a top 5 linebacker in my opinion. He's not some regular joe. Most of you guys were ******** bricks about how cheap the Bears when they wouldn't give him an extension and now he's dirt cause the Redskins are interested in him?

There is no way briggs is a top 5 LB, im sorry thats just an overstatement
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well. he IS proven and such...although he could get redskins off season syndrome and just suck. bleh.

i actually dont mind it that much...but eh, we need d-line so bad.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If I were the Redskins I would be asking for Ogunleye along with Briggs. That would seem more reasonable. Or Idonije for that matter.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
If I were the Redskins I would be asking for Ogunleye along with Briggs. That would seem more reasonable.
Or Alex Brown... JA and Lovie don't seem to be very high on him at all lately, and it looks like Mark Anderson will take the starting spot next year, IMO.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
If I were the Redskins I would be asking for Ogunleye along with Briggs. That would seem more reasonable. Or Idonije for that matter.
I would guess some residuals are possible. Trading O-Gun seems very unlikely to me. Especially because they said Alex Brown's spot would be up for grabs with Mark Anderson.

I'd give Idonije up for sure. He's not going anywhere on this team anyway. Should have just let him go to Buffalo and saved a few million.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Of all the media "insiders" in the NFL, Jay Glazer has been one of the most reliable this year.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Or Alex Brown... JA and Lovie don't seem to be very high on him at all lately, and it looks like Mark Anderson will take the starting spot next year, IMO.
Mark Anderson & Ogunleye would be the worst DE combo against the run......

sig by BoneKrusher
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
There is no way briggs is a top 5 LB, im sorry thats just an overstatement
It's an opinion. Past Urlacher and Merriman I don't think there are many elite linebackers in the NFL right now.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, the redskins are probably the worst run team in the nfl... they lost my respect a long time ago, but this is a new level of loss respect

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Of all the media "insiders" in the NFL, Jay Glazer has been one of the most reliable this year.
And Schefter, which makes it more valid to me.

If it was Mort I would buy it much less. Schefter works for the NFL. He doesn't report stuff without solid insight.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Says the man whose team has Simeon Rice as one of it's premier players.

Mark Anderson = Simeon Rice.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

Talking

So this is what it feels like to be a Denver Broncos fan in the offseason.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Not necessarily, especially if Jamaal Anderson is the pick at 6...

Old 03-26-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, Lord, let this happen. Anything that gives us a better shot at Gaines Adams.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

OMG!!! I just realized that if both Harris and Branch were starting as the DT, and if Branch is as good as advertized, they'd both require double teams => Urlacher would have a beastly season, and so would the DE's...

Old 03-26-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Says the man whose team has Simeon Rice as one of it's premier players.

Mark Anderson = Simeon Rice.
If he continues to develop, sure. Right now he has the speed moves from the edge, but he doesn't have the savvy to strip the ball and the complete pass rush arsenal.

The difference is that we use Simeon opposite a player like Greg Spires who is a good run-stopper. 2 Simeons and our defense would implode. He is better against the run than Ogunleye & Anderson anyway. The Bears can probably get away with it if their box stays healthy, but I wouldn't advise playing Mark Anderson on 3 downs unless he bulks up a lot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

if they add in their 2nd, briggs would be around the 25th pick

or

add in the 3rd and its around the 19th pick then.

please if this happens give us some more picks...although we will probably pick a name out of hat for the extra picks you give us.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There are punters that are better at stopping the run than Rice. The only DE I can think of that is worse is KGB.

O-Gun isn't that bad either. He's not a lightweight like Anderson is (who is weak against the run for sure).

Old 03-26-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
portis_clinton
Rookie

portis_clinton hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Since the Redskins have most of the leverage, I would be mad if they don't get Anderson or Odelaguwaya.
portis_clinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
if they add in their 2nd, briggs would be around the 25th pick

or

add in the 3rd and its around the 19th pick then.

please if this happens give us some more picks...although we will probably pick a name out of hat for the extra picks you give us.
No way would we give up both our high picks. There's really no incentive for us to move into the top 10. Who is there that we really need?

The third I would be fine with.