Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know why the Redskins are doing this.
At number 6 they could get a better player such as Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson
But if they do pull the trigger on this trade
I bet the Bears will take Brady Quinn at number 6

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears would be stupid to pick up another DE. They have Anderson, Ogunleye, and Alex Brown. I can't see them getting Alan Branch, either. He just doesn't strike me as a Cover 2 DT. The Quinn possibility definitely interests me.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There are punters that are better at stopping the run than Rice. The only DE I can think of that is worse is KGB.

O-Gun isn't that bad either. He's not a lightweight like Anderson is (who is weak against the run for sure).
I guess you could say so. Brian Moorman is one tough dude, and Josh Bidwell is god. That still doesn't change the fact that Rice is a better run-stopper than Ogunleye. Like you said, the only starting DE I can think of that's worse than him is KGB, and Leonard Little. Rice is still very weak against the run though, so it's no competition worth winning.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
The Bears would be stupid to pick up another DE. They have Anderson, Ogunleye, and Alex Brown. I can't see them getting Alan Branch, either. He just doesn't strike me as a Cover 2 DT. The Quinn possibility definitely interests me.
I agree on the DE.

As for Branch, I'd accept Branch. Pat Williams isn't a typical Tampa 2 DT and he's done wonders for Kevin Williams and the Vikings run D. Tommie and Branch would be sick.

IF this happens, my wish list would be as such.

1)Trade 6th, 37th, and 3rd rounder to Cleveland to take Calvin Johnson
2)Trade down 6-7 spots and pick up another 2nd rounder. Take a player like Levi Brown, Paul Poz, or (gulp) Greg Olsen.
3)Brady Quinn
4)Laron Landry
5)Alan Branch
6)Levi Brown (it's a reach..but eh...)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-26-2007 at 10:46 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portis_clinton View Post
Since the Redskins have most of the leverage, I would be mad if they don't get Anderson or Odelaguwaya.
Why would the Redskins have more leverage? They are the ones who want to trade for Briggs. The Bears seemed to be very content on letting Briggs play out a year on his franchised tag.

There isn't a player at the 6th spot that would be worth 2 players of starter quality AND a first round draft pick.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Branch is best suited as a Cover 2 NT. He's not the kind of 3-4 plugger that many think he is, he is more finesse-like and has good quickness. Chicago would be a perfect fit for him, absolutely perfect.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this does go down, I wouldnt mind BQ, but that would totally underly whatever faith we have in Grossman. Maybe we could somehow manage to trade up for Calvin if he slips past the Raiders (Lions-no, Browns-Edwards,Bucs-Clayton/Galloway=not biggest need, Cards-No) or we could trade down and pick up some picks as well. Anyways, I hope to the lord that this goes down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good trade for the Bears if it happens. Do it.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

If this is true and the Bears dont take it, i would be amazed. To get the 6th overall for trading away someone who right now means nothing to your franchise, thats a deal for Chicago. And i dont even want to see the deal Briggs will get in Washington.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note, how stupid are the Ravens for not franchising Adalius Thomas?

Jesus Christ..

Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I think Branch is best suited as a Cover 2 NT. He's not the kind of 3-4 plugger that many think he is, he is more finesse-like and has good quickness. Chicago would be a perfect fit for him, absolutely perfect.
I love the sarcasm.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
On a side note, how stupid are the Ravens for not franchising Adalius Thomas?

Jesus Christ..
yeah that did surprise me that they just let him go like that.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this is going to go down. Sounds like a lot of bluffing and posturing.

If Snyder wanted to do this deal, the Bears would've agreed to it in a split second and it would be over by now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think this is going to go down. Sounds like a lot of bluffing and posturing.

If Snyder wanted to do this deal, the Bears would've agreed to it in a split second and it would be over by now.
When you read the article it sounds like the Bears and Synder are already on board and just need to get Gibbs on board to make an official offer.

How did Glazer get this information? It sounds like he was actually in the Room when Synder, Briggs and Rosenhaus met.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
If this happens the Redskins can officially say they have no have no interest in building from within and will mortgage each season as a must win. This is ridiculous and the league needs to make Snyder sell the franchise. Of course it would be a steal for the Bears....
The Redskins are still getting a 1st round draft pick out of this deal, and acquiring a instant starter in Briggs who could help Gibbs before he retires (likely after 2007). It's not that far-fetched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Or Alex Brown... JA and Lovie don't seem to be very high on him at all lately, and it looks like Mark Anderson will take the starting spot next year, IMO.
Lance Briggs, Alex Brown, and the 31st overall pick for the 6th overall pick? I'd take that. Briggs would cost a pretty penny, but then the immense difference between the 6th overall pick's rookie contract and the 31st's plays into that.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are punters that are better at stopping the run than Rice. The only DE I can think of that is worse is KGB.
Which coule be why KGB will no longer plays agianst the run.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

You'd be suprised by the balls on Jerry Angelo.

Plus these things take time. Like the report said, they were trying to get Gibbs to confirm it, and he probably went to bed shortly after Matlock went off and he finished all his prune juice.

I don't see how, after talking directly to the owner and the GM, that this could be completely false. Do I think it will actually go through? Eh...I'm in the middle.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Which coule be why KGB will no longer plays agianst the run.
"will no longer plays"??

Tisk tisk....

D-

Old 03-26-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'd crack up if it happened. The Redskins simply don't get it.
Quote:
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

By the way, I'm not as huge on this as a lot of people might think. I've been hoping a deal could be reached. I really like Lance Briggs. He's a hell of a linebacker and would be a good player on anyone's team. You don't get a mutliple-time probowl player in his mid-20's every day.

I guess it just depends on what we'd do with the pick.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I can see the Bears trading up to #3 to grab CJ... might cost their 2nd and 2008 1st, but might very well be worth it.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do the Redskins "not get it," as you say?

Brown is a proven starter at DE in this league. Briggs is a proven perennial Pro Bowl LB. The Redskins will still get an excellent player at the 31st overall pick. Mind you, the Redskins are one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to playing rookies, but in this scenario they get two instant contributors in addition to a 1st round prospect.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

Brown is a proven starter at DE in this league. Briggs is a proven perennial Pro Bowl LB. The Redskins will still get an excellent player at the 31st overall pick. Mind you, the Redskins are one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to playing rookies, but in this scenario they get two instant contributors in addition to a 1st round prospect.
Where is Brown mentioned?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'd crack up if it happened. The Redskins simply don't get it.
Synder continues to look like a bigger fool every year and the Redskins fans love him for it. I don't know whether to crack up more at Snyder or their fans. LMAO!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

At no point was Alex Brown actually mentioned by anyone legit. That was just us bantering.

The deal reportedly on the table is Briggs and #31 for #6.