Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-26-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Jeffries like to slow for most 3's and not strong enough/big enough for power forwards?

He is a try hard defender I think which, can't be a bad thing as horrid as he is.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I disliked him bc he was becoming ridiculously overrated. My biggest fear was our lovefest for Gallo would prevent us from pulling the trigger on moving him in a package for a star player. I'm very pleased that it wasn't. Obviously the front office (even prior to Dolan taking over talks) felt that he wasn't good enough to exclude as part of a trade package.

And thank God for that. He was getting to a point where I feared we'd be stuck with his "potential" instead of pulling the trigger for an already established stud.

And I'm tired of this "other teams will look to get him the ball" talk. That's ********. He had every opportunity to demand the ball when Stat went to the bench. Did he? No.

Great players don't need to be pushed to demand the ball. They take it. He's not that kind of player and never will be. When we sucked, nobody forced him to hang out at the 3 point line. He did that on his own. Our own coaching staff said they wanted him to attack more and they didn't like how passive he'd get during long stretches. It wasn't coaching. It was Gallo.

It wasn't necessarily Gallo that annoyed me, it's how overrated he became from our fan base bc we got so accustomed to dog crap for the past 10 years that we got complacent as a fan base and accepted the Gallinari's of the world as good players we must keep.

Thanks for the memories Gallo, I appreciate your hustle, but at the end of the day, you were just another guy. He gets glamorized for it bc he cared in a era of Knick basketball when nobody else did, but that doesn't make him special. That just makes him a good soldier.

Whoopidy doo.
Shrug I disagree on your notion of great players. Great scorers maybe, but great players, especially when they're playing with a more established great player in my mind are the guys who figure out how to help augment that great player and step up where they can, at least while they're still developing and that's what Gallo was doing well once we were rid of the unprofessional trash we had in here before last year who were jealous of our young players, Gallo and Wilson, for being a part of the team's future.

I consider Manu a great player in today's NBA, not an all time great, but an elite player in the game today and he's a guy who isn't that overwhelming type A personality who demands the ball, but is a guy who fits into the team dynamic but when he's hot and the team feeds him he can go off like gangbusters. Over time those periods of "on fire" play have become longer and more regular to point where he's the most valuable player on the best team in the league. To me Gallo has that personality which I love since that's the type of player I am, in Basketball, soccer and hockey I could always score when the team called upon it, but because everyone loved to score and that's all they'd work on I worked on helping make the guys who I was playing with, who were focused on scoring, more efficient, be it setting picks, going hard for rebounds, drawing defenders out of their way, making a pass or setting up for a long shot I would do whatever would help make the guys who were going to try and score anyway have a better chance of getting it done, but when that didn't work or when I was really feeling it I would do more to take over, talent permitting. To me that's my ideal athlete in a team sport like basketball, soccer and hockey. That's why I love Thomas Mueller so much and why he's still in my sig, he's that type of player on the soccer field, he does whatever the team is lacking to make the O just click completely even though he has the ability to just take the ball and make good things happen when he does play a little more "selfishly".

So to me Gallo wasn't just a hard worker, David Lee was a hard worker until he realized that learning how to play D wasn't going to get him paid the way learning how to hit that midrange jumper would. Gallo to me was a very smart and cerebral player who was a true team player but had the talent set to take over. He was the first player who represented the type of intelligent team ball that I love to see since what 5 guys fully utilizing one another can accomplish is so much more than 5 guys just doing their own thing.

He's not a superstar yet, and no one has argued he is, but he's a very good player already, and if his inconsistencies wane as he continues to grow more comfortable with the american style of play, he could certainly become a star with his skillset, work ethic, intelligence and balls.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else not like Toney at all?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on your victory against the Heat. Watching today's game made even more sad about the departure of Chauncey Billups. The guy's a winner.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Congrats on your victory against the Heat. Watching today's game made even more sad about the departure of Chauncey Billups. The guy's a winner.
yeah, i definitely overlooked him in the trade. Melo is great and all, but Amare is #1 in my heart on that team. Dude's a monster.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just give it time, this team is going to be good once they gel. Once Melo and Stat learn how to pick and roll with each other, which they are very capable of doing bc Melo can run point/forward in a half court, watch out.

Billups is making us forget about Felton quickly.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Shrug I disagree on your notion of great players. Great scorers maybe, but great players, especially when they're playing with a more established great player in my mind are the guys who figure out how to help augment that great player and step up where they can, at least while they're still developing and that's what Gallo was doing well once we were rid of the unprofessional trash we had in here before last year who were jealous of our young players, Gallo and Wilson, for being a part of the team's future.

I consider Manu a great player in today's NBA, not an all time great, but an elite player in the game today and he's a guy who isn't that overwhelming type A personality who demands the ball, but is a guy who fits into the team dynamic but when he's hot and the team feeds him he can go off like gangbusters. Over time those periods of "on fire" play have become longer and more regular to point where he's the most valuable player on the best team in the league. To me Gallo has that personality which I love since that's the type of player I am, in Basketball, soccer and hockey I could always score when the team called upon it, but because everyone loved to score and that's all they'd work on I worked on helping make the guys who I was playing with, who were focused on scoring, more efficient, be it setting picks, going hard for rebounds, drawing defenders out of their way, making a pass or setting up for a long shot I would do whatever would help make the guys who were going to try and score anyway have a better chance of getting it done, but when that didn't work or when I was really feeling it I would do more to take over, talent permitting. To me that's my ideal athlete in a team sport like basketball, soccer and hockey. That's why I love Thomas Mueller so much and why he's still in my sig, he's that type of player on the soccer field, he does whatever the team is lacking to make the O just click completely even though he has the ability to just take the ball and make good things happen when he does play a little more "selfishly".

So to me Gallo wasn't just a hard worker, David Lee was a hard worker until he realized that learning how to play D wasn't going to get him paid the way learning how to hit that midrange jumper would. Gallo to me was a very smart and cerebral player who was a true team player but had the talent set to take over. He was the first player who represented the type of intelligent team ball that I love to see since what 5 guys fully utilizing one another can accomplish is so much more than 5 guys just doing their own thing.

He's not a superstar yet, and no one has argued he is, but he's a very good player already, and if his inconsistencies wane as he continues to grow more comfortable with the american style of play, he could certainly become a star with his skillset, work ethic, intelligence and balls.
At this point, I'm done talking about Gallo. I could care less about him. He's water under the bridge.

Your definition of a star player is just different from mine. From what you're saying, to me, that's a solid complimentary player. You need those, but you can't build a championship caliber team around those guys as your focal point. Not in basketball.

We're just never going to view him the same way, that's all.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 02-28-2011 at 12:08 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Billups and if we can bring him back for 1 more year before CP3 that would be great. You guys think there is any chance of us bringing him back?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I <3 Billups and if we can bring him back for 1 more year before CP3 that would be great. You guys think there is any chance of us bringing him back?
Ya they promised him they would pick up his 14 million dollar option when they made the trade cause otherwise he would have wanted a buy out.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya they promised him they would pick up his 14 million dollar option when they made the trade cause otherwise he would have wanted a buy out.
**** YEAH!!! Great news!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would rather have Dwight Howard if we keep Billups.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-28-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I would rather have Dwight Howard if we keep Billups.
Billups and Howard will be FA at the same time so no idea how you would plan to pay for both of them.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Billups will be a nice plan B in case we can't land CP3.

We cut that dude btw, I can't spell his name. Azubakiowhatever.

Word on the street is we're bringin in Jeffries on Wednesday and perhaps another guy.

Bibby is going to the Heat. That really sucks, bc he's gonna help them a lot.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Word on the street is we're bringin in Jeffries on Wednesday and perhaps another guy.

Azubuike not that hard a name we also apparently bought out Corey Brewer.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
So we know one of the new guys coming in is Jeffries. The question is, who is the other guy?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So we know one of the new guys coming in is Jeffries. The question is, who is the other guy?
My best bet would be one of Rasual Butler, Dan Gadzuric, Leon Powe, or somebody out the D-League.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eh, I disagree. By the time CP3 is a free agent Billups will be what, 36 years old? I'm not saying he won't be useful this year and next but to think he's anything close to be a "plan b" for Chris Paul is a bit far fetched. If we don't get Paul or Williams we'll be in some trouble.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am curious how long Billups can play but yeah I mean, when he does leave what happens from there?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
damn, i kinda had hope for brewer. He'll prob be with the celtics for the playoffs

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-01-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

couldn't there be Jets fans that are also Knick fans? or is preposterous?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
couldn't there be Jets fans that are also Knick fans? or is preposterous?
Nope that is not allowed lol
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Huge game tonight vs the Magic. Our lack of size will be on full display tonight. Let's see how we play vs Dwight Howard.

If we can overcome our height disadvantage vs the Magic, it could really build our confidence moving forward.

I think Howard is going to destroy us, but the rest of our team is better than theirs, let's see if we can keep up and stay out of foul trouble.

Anyone wanna take a guess on how many points Howard scores tonight? I'm saying at least 32 pts.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I disagree. By the time CP3 is a free agent Billups will be what, 36 years old? I'm not saying he won't be useful this year and next but to think he's anything close to be a "plan b" for Chris Paul is a bit far fetched. If we don't get Paul or Williams we'll be in some trouble.
Maybe he can borrow some HGH from Steve Nash?

Who knows what will happen. 2 years is a long time from now, we'll figure something out.

The most important thing to root for is the development of Landry Fields. We want him to build up his trade value as much as possible in case we need to move him for a PG or C in the future.

And of course, he can always stay too. I'm hoping he works on that jump shot. He needs to work on that jump shot.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really sure why we bought out Brewer, could have been a defensive presence off the bench.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe he can borrow some HGH from Steve Nash?

Who knows what will happen. 2 years is a long time from now, we'll figure something out.

The most important thing to root for is the development of Landry Fields. We want him to build up his trade value as much as possible in case we need to move him for a PG or C in the future.

And of course, he can always stay too. I'm hoping he works on that jump shot. He needs to work on that jump shot.
His jump shot is already pretty damn good for a rookie. It's got a ways to go but for a rookie his distance shooting is very impressive.

I'd rather keep him, personally. He's the perfect role player to have on a team. He has the ability to defend (still has a ways to go there, though), can shoot the three, is an excellent rebounder, and is a solid passer too. Unless we get another good scoring option we're going to need him in the future as that third player who can give some scoring if Stat or Melo falter in a game.