Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think Paul and Deron are top 2...is Rose not top 3 worthy yet?
If I was starting a franchise I would go in this order:

Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rondo
Chris Paul

That knee bothers me and I worry that he has already lost some of his explosiveness. He isn't the same anymore, when he was the best PG in the league by a wide margin.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
They have a month and a half to the playoffs. No panic.
Ah, the Laker approach. Just get to the playoffs however you can and go from there.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have a month and a half to the playoffs. No panic.

True, but their lackadaisical effort has to go or it will be a harbinger of how they will perform in the post-season. But maybe they'd give it their full effort, which they obviously didn't last night.

But if I am Miami I would rather have the #2 seed anyway. I would much rather face Chicago in round 2 than Orlando due to match-up.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If I was starting a franchise I would go in this order:

Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rondo
Chris Paul

That knee bothers me and I worry that he has already lost some of his explosiveness. He isn't the same anymore, when he was the best PG in the league by a wide margin.

Yea I'm not gonna lie his injury, and longevity do give me some pause. I can easily say he's my #1 PG right now but if I was starting a franchise I'd probably take every guy you listed over him also. Deron is gonna end up playing alot longer, at a consistently high level, CP3 I don't think you can feel as confident about doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Nash is just as good now as he was in his MVP years, and unless we're talking "who would we build a franchise around for now and the future", Nash is easily one of the top choices.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Nash has more healthy (not total) seasons left in him than Paul does. Dude just doesn't age. Who knows how quickly Paul's descent could go if his explosiveness and quickness are sapped.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Nash has more healthy seasons left in him than Paul does. Dude just doesn't age.
His back is still a major issue. The Suns training staff does a great job, but they(*cough* HGH *cough* jk) can only do so much for so long.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Bynum will dominate your favorite PG. Unless your favorite PG is Will Bynum. In which case, I approve of your existence.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His back is still a major issue. The Suns training staff does a great job, but they(*cough* HGH *cough* jk) can only do so much for so long.
John Stockton played til he was 41, Nash could very well do the same if he wanted to. He takes care of his body so well and the Suns have the best training staff in the league, Hill is playing like a 25 year old and has missed like 1 game in the last 3 years combined

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top PG's

1a. D-Will
1b. CP3
1c. D Rose
4. Nash
5. Westbrook
6. Rondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Top PG's

1a. D-Will
1b. CP3
1c. D Rose

4. Nash
5. Westbrook
6. Rondo

1c? bahahaha

1.CP3
2.Deron
3.Rose
4.Westbrook
5.Nash
6.Rondo

Made some changes as the seasons gone along. Rondo takes a bit of a tumble. Rose and Westbrook move up(those were the two closest for me tbh)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those saying CP3 is the best in the league just haven't watched him play this year. He has lost a considerable amount of his explosiveness, isn't as dynamic as he once was, and it's affected his jumper as well. He can't slash to the basket like he used to be able to, isn't as clutch as he once was, and has been wearing knee braces, like actual braces you see football players wearing, when he plays. I doubt he ever returns to his form pre-injury.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1c? bahahaha

1.CP3
2.Deron
3.Rose
4.Westbrook
5.Nash
6.Rondo

Made some changes as the seasons gone along. Rondo takes a bit of a tumble. Rose and Westbrook move up(those were the two closest for me tbh)
lol you like that? I just like him too much to say hes number 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*Twiddles thumbs waiting for the Powe Show to return to Boston*
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose is the best. That is all.....good day. I SAID GOOD DAY!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i'm making a list of top five point guards i'd want for the rest of the season and the playoffs, i don't think Russell Westbrook is in my top five. He's a freakin SG in my eyes.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If i'm making a list of top five point guards i'd want for the rest of the season and the playoffs, i don't think Russell Westbrook is in my top five. He's a freakin SG in my eyes.
I assume you feel the same way about Rose then?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rajon Rondo is the Troy P. Of basketball.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Deron
2. Rose
3. Paul
4. Nash
5. Rondo
6. Westbrook

John Wall will be in the discussion very, very soon.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell is Jonny Flynn on these lists?

1. Flynn
2. Deron (Paul when absolutely healthy)
3. Rose
4. Paul (injuredish)
5. Nash
6. Rondo
7. Westbrook

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-Deron
2-Rose
3-Nash
4-Paul
5-Westbrook

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Where the hell is Jonny Flynn on these lists?

1. Flynn
2. Deron (Paul when absolutely healthy)
3. Rose
4. Paul (injuredish)
5. Nash
6. Rondo
7. Westbrook
You forgot Rubio. Because only an idiotic team would pass up on 2 top 5 PGs in the first 6 picks of one draft...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Note to Washington: You are down 20, try more alley oops in every situation.

Fast break 3 on 1? Alley oop.
Fast break 2 on 1? Alley oop.
Broken play with a lot of defenders in the lane? Alley oop.
Reset offense? Alley oop.
Offensive rebound? You better believe there will be an alley oop.

Sadly, I'm not telling them they have to do all of those. They already have, and were 1/5 on them...

Oh another 3 on 1 failed alley oop...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 02-28-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
For those saying CP3 is the best in the league just haven't watched him play this year. He has lost a considerable amount of his explosiveness, isn't as dynamic as he once was, and it's affected his jumper as well. He can't slash to the basket like he used to be able to, isn't as clutch as he once was, and has been wearing knee braces, like actual braces you see football players wearing, when he plays. I doubt he ever returns to his form pre-injury.
Completely agree with this, as much as it saddens me. It probably has to do with the fact that nobody has seen them play. I think they've had only one nationally televised game all year.

I keep trying to warn the Knicks fans that you just can't team up Amare and Paul - it's a $200 million disaster waiting to happen.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Victory Cigar Sighting!!!!!

OMGGGG FADE AWAY BANK FROM THE BASELINE!!!!!!

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver