Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Sweet! Prediction correct although the more I thought about it he more I thought he'd go to Miami but the biggest win for Boston is that he didn't go to the Heat.

Now, I'm just waiting on the Bulls to sign Corey Brewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Murphy is too similar to Bosh to make a difference. He'd hardly get any playing time on the Heat.

I am honestly shocked. (maybe too much because Murphy and Boston go so well together.) How many minutes is Troy Murphy ever going to see? Seriously?

Shaq
Garnett
Kristic
Davis
Green

I guess he can get his ring and just pretend he had something to do with it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Wolves has made me understand why Vikes is so depressed.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I am honestly shocked. (maybe too much because Murphy and Boston go so well together.) How many minutes is Troy Murphy ever going to see? Seriously?

Shaq
Garnett
Kristic
Davis
Green

He's no worse than Krstic, and Shaq is hurt every week anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But in Miami he could get serious minutes, that's my point. Instead he chose to go to a team that has a log-jam. But really Miami won't need him once Udonis Haslem returns at the end of the month.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's no worse than Krstic, and Shaq is hurt every week anyway.
I have to wonder if Shaq's injury is worse than they've let on. They just pushed back his return timetable by another two weeks. I think the Celtics are better off perfecting their new smaller lineups for the playoffs; they really don't need size in a series against anyone other than LA or Orlando in a 7-game series. Even then I wonder if Shaq has anything left other than 18 minutes per game anyway.

And I don't think we'll ever see Jermaine O'Neal reanimated corpse in any game for the rest of this season.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-01-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Beasley has regressed, we need to ship him out for a PG before too many people realize it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Michael Beasley has regressed, we need to ship him out for a PG before too many people realize it.
Why? You guys have PG locked up for years to come...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I suggested that YESTERDAY. DAMMIT, WOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME YO!

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I suggested that YESTERDAY. DAMMIT, WOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME YO!

You actually suggested it a long time ago and I agreed.

And Iowa I hate you more than you'll ever know.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You actually suggested it a long time ago and I agreed.

And Iowa I hate you more than you'll ever know.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they could ship Love out too for a legitimate franchise player.strongjokesbreh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Fully forgiven. Although any more mention of the PG who shall not be named will not be appreciated damnit.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Fully forgiven. Although any more mention of the PG who shall not be named will not be appreciated damnit.
Wait, are we talking about Flynn or Rubio at this point?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Wait, are we talking about Flynn or Rubio at this point?

Rubio is a nothing at this point and Flynn is a negative infinity. So Flynn.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So pissed we lost that game. We blew it. Just ugly play in the 4th. Looked like we ran out of gas.

Settled for jumpers, didn't feed Stat enough, and Jameer was on fire and we had no answer. Just ugly in the 4th after handling them for most of the game. Gave it away.

One positive I took from that game is I get more and more confident that we can hang with any team in the East come playoff time. I'm not saying we're contenders, bc we're not, but I think we have a puncher's chance. And as a Knicks fan in year 1 of rebuilding, that's all you can ask for.

So far I'm pleased with the early returns. We're moving in the right direction. Our defense seems to be improving as well, even though the score doesn't show it (2nd chance points is what's killing us right now bc we lack size).
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

Shaq
Garnett
Kristic
Davis
Green

I think with Daniels getting shipped off, Green will get most of his minutes at the 3 where he should, problem is he could struggle guarding some of the quicker guys.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beasley's an ass clown, but you guys can have...Arenas. ;)

Honestly, I wouldnt want either on my team.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know if I could choose between those two.. Brodeur was right about Arenas. When that trade happened mid-season it didn't seem THAT bad.. but you would think by now the chemistry would be a little better but he still looks confused and old even though he is like 28 29.
Go Amare.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would choose Beasley and it wouldn't even be close. Beasley offers something, Arenas offers nothing. And Arenas has the worst contract in basketball(and maybe even all of pro sports)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I don't even know if I could choose between those two.. Brodeur was right about Arenas. When that trade happened mid-season it didn't seem THAT bad.. but you would think by now the chemistry would be a little better but he still looks confused and old even though he is like 28 29.
He has the knees of a 50 year old, but unfortunately the mind of a toddler.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Yeah it probably would be Beasley haha but he is a guy that likes to play I think but still lacks a little motivation.
Go Amare.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So pissed we lost that game. We blew it. Just ugly play in the 4th. Looked like we ran out of gas.

Settled for jumpers, didn't feed Stat enough, and Jameer was on fire and we had no answer. Just ugly in the 4th after handling them for most of the game. Gave it away.

One positive I took from that game is I get more and more confident that we can hang with any team in the East come playoff time. I'm not saying we're contenders, bc we're not, but I think we have a puncher's chance. And as a Knicks fan in year 1 of rebuilding, that's all you can ask for.

So far I'm pleased with the early returns. We're moving in the right direction. Our defense seems to be improving as well, even though the score doesn't show it (2nd chance points is what's killing us right now bc we lack size).
Quicker guards may be a problem as well for the Knicks, like you said they had no answer for Jameer. He was getting by Billups basically at will and there was really no interior help...not having a ton of speed at the PG spot and not having size to help on top of that could be really bad against some of the quicker PG's in the league.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Quicker guards may be a problem as well for the Knicks, like you said they had no answer for Jameer. He was getting by Billups basically at will and there was really no interior help...not having a ton of speed at the PG spot and not having size to help on top of that could be really bad against some of the quicker PG's in the league.
So you are saying that the Knicks have the same issues as the heat?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Billups actually did a great job on him for 3 quarters. Jameer couldnt do much.

But in the 4th, his shot was lights out. He was hitting everything. It wasn't really him attacking the hoop if I recall correctly, he was just killing us with his jump shot.

It was just one of those games, when a guy is hot like that there's nothing you can do about it.