Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Paul a dork?
Yes 356115 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 356115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Billups actually did a great job on him for 3 quarters. Jameer couldnt do much.

But in the 4th, his shot was lights out. He was hitting everything. It wasn't really him attacking the hoop if I recall correctly, he was just killing us with his jump shot.

It was just one of those games, when a guy is hot like that there's nothing you can do about it.
He was definitely hot from three, but there were certain points where he was attacking the basket as well and they really couldn't do much. One play he actually had a wide open layup and just passed out of it because he wasn't looking. There was another play in the 4th where he blew by Billups and there was literally no help, Billups just had to hack him. Think he had a total of 4 or 5 layups and got fouled a couple of times as well.

We'll see what happens as the season goes on, you're right they did do a good job on him for a few quarters but Billups isn't a stellar athlete and again they don't have much inside. Definitely could have been an overreaction to a few plays, but based on their personnel it makes sense it could be a problem for them.

Last edited by derza222 : 03-02-2011 at 02:48 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
He was definitely hot from three, but there were certain points where he was attacking the basket as well and they really couldn't do much. One play he actually had a wide open layup and just passed out of it because he wasn't looking. There was another play in the 4th where he blew by Billups and there was literally no help, Billups just had to hack him. Think he had a total of 4 or 5 layups and got fouled a couple of times as well.

We'll see what happens as the season goes on, you're right they did do a good job on him for a few quarters but Billups isn't a stellar athlete and again they don't have much inside. Definitely could have been an overreaction to a few plays, but based on their personnel it makes sense it could be a problem for them.
I can see that for sure. My guess is maybe we put Anthony Carter or perhaps Tony Douglas on quicker point guards. We lose some offense with either of those 2 on the court though.

I did like our defense with both Carter and Billups in the back court though.

It will be interesting to see what element if any Jeffries will bring to the table now that he'll be part of the rotation. He is a solid defender.

It seems to me that the team seems more commited to moving towards a more defense oriented direction moving forward. Now the key is to gel on both sides of the ball and bring a consistent effort on that front come playoff time.

You can feel there is a greater sense of urgency now. We'll see how it goes. I'm more concerned about next year than this year, I just want to see flashes this year. And so far, I'm happy with how the team is flashing.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa whoa whoa you guys I said Beasley regressed, he's still light years ahead of the pile of suck that is Agent Zero. Beasley is still a talented scorer he just doesn't do much else except decent rebounding.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the improved effort/focus when it comes to defense for the Knicks will be key going forward. I was a part of the school of thought I think YFS posted a few pages ago that you keep D'Antoni for a few years, let him inflate the value of some players with his system, trade them and then bring in a coach who's committed to defense...because you're not going to win a championship the way he runs the team (as I believe you and a few other Knicks fans have said more than once or twice). But if they can start defending with D'Antoni as the coach then that would definitely be a major step in the right direction. Defense wins 'ships, especially in the NBA.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa you guys I said Beasley regressed, he's still light years ahead of the pile of suck that is Agent Zero. Beasley is still a talented scorer he just doesn't do much else except decent rebounding.
Beasley is uber-talented, but he's so god damn reckless with the ball.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah the improved effort/focus when it comes to defense for the Knicks will be key going forward. I was a part of the school of thought I think YFS posted a few pages ago that you keep D'Antoni for a few years, let him inflate the value of some players with his system, trade them and then bring in a coach who's committed to defense...because you're not going to win a championship the way he runs the team (as I believe you and a few other Knicks fans have said more than once or twice). But if they can start defending with D'Antoni as the coach then that would definitely be a major step in the right direction. Defense wins 'ships, especially in the NBA.
I highly highly doubt we'll win anything with D'Antoni as our head coach. I never believed in his brand of basketball.

To be fair though, so far, it seems like he's changed his style up to adjust to a more defensive and half court oriented gameplan with our current players.

So who knows.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasnt trying to compare the two players. Beasley is a hell of a talent, he's just douche. Arenas is a douche and he sucks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beasley is like Andray Blatche, guys with great offensive skill sets, but basketball IQ's so low that you say any team with them on it will never win a championship even if they are a 7th or 8th man.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...for-chris-paul

beautiful article about Chris Paul if i do say so myself.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fear the Rockets, bitches. We coming back in the playoff hunt. Rockets on a 5 game winning streak and actually playing some good defense lately against some good teams on the road. Gotta keep it up.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm willing to give him a pass for now given the fact that he probably won't be 100% till next year with his ankle issues.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, Jonny Flynn looks good tonight. Not sure what the hell is going on, I mean 14 assists and only 3 TO's. Scary. Oh and Randolph has been pretty beastly too with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Now time for me to realize who we're playing.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're playing Detroit, don't get too excited.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
You're playing Detroit, don't get too excited.
Haha hey note the last part of what I said. And gimme a break, this is win number 15 for my team.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ibaka's crazy statline of the day
3-8, 7pts, 12 rebounds, 6! blocks through 3 quarters.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Not that crazy but yeah Ibaka is a serious impact player inside. In the long run though I still think he projects as a backup regardless of what people say. Having him and Perk together is just zero offensive ability. They need to pick up a pick and pop type PF. Right now when there big men set picks for KD or Russell no one respects the rolling man.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serge certainly has every skill needed to finish at the basket, just give him time, he is only 21

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey Chicago their are 48 minutes in an NBA game kthnkxbi
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Hawks should not be slept on. I really like their acquisition of Hinrich and they still have athleticism galore. If they just could get out of their perennial (mis)match-up vs. Dwight Howard they could give Chicago, Miami, Boston and NY a fierce playoff series. If only they could have acquired Shaq so they could throw his weight/6 fouls at Howard for 24 minutes like the Celtics plan to do, or even Dampier which is what Miami plans to do.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think the Hawks should not be slept on. I really like their acquisition of Hinrich and they still have athleticism galore. If they just could get out of their perennial (mis)match-up vs. Dwight Howard they could give Chicago, Miami, Boston and NY a fierce playoff series. If only they could have acquired Shaq so they could throw his weight/6 fouls at Howard for 24 minutes like the Celtics plan to do, or even Dampier which is what Miami plans to do.
Well the Hawks are somewhat like the Mavs of the East, I will continue to sleep on them until they do something. Hinrich isn't a huge acquistion but a decent one, haven't seen them play with him yet but he doesn't make them a whole lot better. They do have athletic guys like JJ/Smith/Crawford but other than that the other guys can't create there own offense, Horford is just a really good fundamental player. I can see them giving Miami and NY fits MAYBE but Boston and Chicago will defintely rape them.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Serge certainly has every skill needed to finish at the basket, just give him time, he is only 21
Yeah but you can't have him and Perk both clogging the lane. The Thunder are all about Russ penetrating in, Perk and Ibaka together make it too cluttered. They are fine in defensive stretches but long term I would not want them in there together. It would be like playing Tyson Chandler and Brendan Haywood together with Dirk at the 3.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Well the Hawks are somewhat like the Mavs of the East, I will continue to sleep on them until they do something. Hinrich isn't a huge acquistion but a decent one, haven't seen them play with him yet but he doesn't make them a whole lot better. They do have athletic guys like JJ/Smith/Crawford but other than that the other guys can't create there own offense, Horford is just a really good fundamental player. I can see them giving Miami and NY fits MAYBE but Boston and Chicago will defintely rape them.
Obviously small sample but Hawks beat the Bulls tonight with Josh Smith out. Hinrich having groomed Rose knows him pretty well and shut him down tonight as much as possible with Rose.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Against me in fantasy.

And I chose to start Luke Ridnour for steals and he was stellar shooting going 5-5 from the field and 5-5 from the line for 15 points.

Unfortunately that was not good enough for his coach as he only played 18 minutes, giving me 0 steals as a result.

10-10 shooting overall = 18 minutes because Jonny Flynn has Jesus' hands and dished out 14 assists... makes perfect sense.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you STRIP. haha

The Bulls have had games where they haven't looked good but so has LA lol and a couple other dominant teams.. point is will Rose really get shut down in the playoffs? Another year with a better team.. It sucks for them (ATL) because I don't even know how they could win a 7 game series against Miami/NY tbh. They are as good as ******, like Milwaukee... with all these dynamic teams now.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Koufos and Mozgov are on the court at the same time. I don't know what's possible here, but I expect a rift in the universe soon.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote